Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Maybe I'm being contrary but I didn't think he was that bad yesterday, watching back today the failed cutback wasn't that easy in the conditions, and have to give the keeper credit for the one in the second half, he's not a world class striker and we didn't buy him to be one. He's as good a third choice striker as there is in the league

35 minutes ago, GlenMag said:

Maybe I'm being contrary but I didn't think he was that bad yesterday, watching back today the failed cutback wasn't that easy in the conditions, and have to give the keeper credit for the one in the second half, he's not a world class striker and we didn't buy him to be one. He's as good a third choice striker as there is in the league

The second chance was tough. Keeper out super quick tbf. 

In a soaking wet game that is going affect all our your finesse play, a big-man striker should really be putting himself about to help make something happen.

Despite his size, Wood offers much less in physicality than Wilson. He's been disappointing in that regard.

On 01/01/2023 at 23:27, GlenMag said:

Got to say I thought the cutback was easy, but he never looked confident, and that lack of willingness to impose himself in situations is a recurrent fault. I can understand and respect his natural limitations, but sometimes he looks very hesitant.

Just now, 80 said:

I know he was offside, but couldn't believe he didn't bang that one on one chance he had at the end :lol: His self belief must be through the floor.

Worst part of that was that invited all the pressure that last couple of mins. Even if he'd blasted  it 20 yards wide it would have gave us a chance to get back in position

Does great work in the press - no excuse for not working the keeper today when through though, offside or not. Feels like he needs a couple on the bounce to get some confidence going. Fine coming off to close out a game but Isak coming back will be a big upgrade.

11 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Does great work in the press - no excuse for not working the keeper today when through though, offside or not. Feels like he needs a couple on the bounce to get some confidence going. Fine coming off to close out a game but Isak coming back will be a big upgrade.

I think Isak would've torn them a new arsehole tonight. So we've got that to look forward to...

Honestly, he's just poor in so many areas. Aerial balls where you think he should dominate, he gets beaten, he is absolutely horrific infront of goal.

He runs about a bit, and presses, yes, anyone could do that.

Yeh he's probably a top lad, but he is a very poor footballer.

He’s not a striker 

I don’t know what he is, but he’s not a striker. 

He’s just a body to put on the field. 

Edited by LV

18 minutes ago, LV said:

He’s not a striker 

I don’t know what he is, but he’s not a striker. 

He’s just a body to put on the field. 

He's a false 9 ;)

A sheep in a wolfs clothing! On paper you would think he offers strength, hold up plays, heading and a goal threat here and there. I cant see anything that helps us in any aspect of the game with him on. He has scored some goals and you would think his confidence would build up on that to the next game...wrong.

Lacks self belief and i actually feel sorry for him but he would even struggle in championship by the look of it.

Edited by Killuminati

Tried to support him, really making it hard for me now I've got to say.

I'm sure he gives his all, but it's so far off it's quite shocking, really thought he'd be a bully boy at least but even that seems a hardship for him.

Hopefully we can bring in some younger lads that push him for the off the bench role going forward.

Does he actually do "great work in the press"? Would a neutral be able to observe that? I think people fill in the gaps because we've picked up results with him and assume that he must be doing something well, but I don't see it. He's just bad. 

Howe is always very measured in his praise for players who are having good spells, to (rightly) avoid putting undue pressure on them. It's telling every time he's asked about Wood he gushes about him, because he's shit, he knows he's shit and he can't say "We bought him to stay up, we stayed up and now we need to move him on."