Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

let’s be realistic. by boxing day he’s probably not going to get much pitch time. He came here January and was an integral part of a team that went from bottom to go on a run of form only bettered by top couple of teams .. he scored last week, and did a job yesterday.. we have had worse 3rd choice strikers. We don’t need to upgrade him yet. Spend the money elsewhere 

Just now, dave s said:

just a few years ago we had the likes of Muto and Joselu as 3rd/2nd choice strikers.. I’m comfy with him lol 

That seems a distant memory but it wasn't that long ago.

7 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Some prick behind me in the Gallowgate hurling abuse at him. Got told to shut by a few, moron. 

People doing this are completely missing the point of what Eddie is building. I'd much rather have a hard worker like Chris Wood than a Michael Owen type - talented but a complete prick.

Thought although he put in his usual 100% and never shyed away from anything he was ineffective probably mainly because the way we play doesn't suit him.

Despite the weird myth, his hold up play isn't very good and it always ends up coming straight back, his first touch is horrible and it can derail a decent incisive move.

I think he's better in the air and wins a lot of duels but they aren't really accurate most of the time.

As he's been said weve had far worse 2/3rd choice strikers and I don't think he's total shite but I'd like to see us have a different option from the summer and Wood moved on, just because we are doing tremendously well this season doesn't mean every player is automatically class.

His pressing is actually about as good as it could be. He couldn't have done that any better. 

The criticism of him when we have the ball is totally valid though. There's no threat about him at all. There were a couple of crosses that came in yesterday which Wilson would've been on the end of. He's trying his best like so I can't be mad at him. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, TotalWar said:

Before the specs reveal of this trip I had opined that both Wood and BDB have eyesight issues. The way they both can  slightly mistime their headers. They tend to be fine when jumping in a challenge, but free headers are sometimes mistimed.

Ive got severe astigmatism in one eye, this prevents me from having binocular vision, so I cant judge distance very well. The brain learns to compensate, and so I still played cricket and football, but I tended to do exactly what Ive noticed them both doing. Just an idea anyway.

I thought this as soon as I saw Wood wearing specs.

It all makes sense now.