Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Tbh I'm definitely a bit of a hater with him. Conversely I'll defend Longstaff because he's a local lad and academy graduate. But Wood cost us a fortune - and he's just nowhere near good enough IMO. It's really pissing me off that Isak has had such an extended lay off.

Leeds shut up shop when Wilson and Maxi came on. We had a lot more space in that first half. For that second chance it wasn't even that it was a bad fininish it just took him forever to get to the ball, a quicker striker nips in a split second earlier for a much easier finish. 

Just now, Jaqen said:

Leeds shut up shop when Wilson and Maxi came on. We had a lot more space in that first half. For that second chance it wasn't even that it was a bad fininish it just took him forever to get to the ball, a quicker striker nips in a split second earlier for a much easier finish. 

Isak playing and that almost certainly goes in

Lovely bloke, useless player. Injuries to Isak and Wilson show just how important it is that we get another quality forward who can play 9. Wood isn't good enough to be in any PL squad, let alone one challenging for a CL place.

Thanks for being a nice bloke, but the sooner he's at a Champo/L1 club the better. I'd actually rather we played a midfielder as a false 9 than have Wood in the matchday squad.

Edited by JumpersForGoalposts

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

Top strikers would have chipoed the ball over him or possibly took it around him. As I said I disagree, I also though that although it was still a decent save it was pretty much straight at him and let's not forget he put one over the bar from a great position at the start of the second half. We're not going to agree, so I'll leave it there. 

If it’s the one I’m thinking of- on the right in the second half, definitely think he should’ve done better. It wasn’t a shocker, but seemed clear he needed to try to lift it over. 

6 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

He's the least clinical striker I've seen us have. His movement is woeful. Never ever gets Infront of the defender. Technique is shit too. Seems like he has no urgency. 

Darryl Murphy had more about him than Wood. 

Agree with all that and you can add for his size, the amount of times he beats the defender in the air is laughable. 

8 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

He's the least clinical striker I've seen us have. His movement is woeful. Never ever gets Infront of the defender. Technique is shit too. Seems like he has no urgency. 

Think Wood is in the same bracket as De Jong, in my opinion. Wood shouldn't be anywhere near starting for us.

4 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I don't even think he gives a 100%, he runs and presses so lazily and gets beaten off the ball too frequently for a man of his size.

His effort can’t be questioned he’s just very limited particularly how we play in our system 

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

The dark days of Riviere are quickly forgotten. Christ, he was fucking dreadful.

What a waste of money and space in the squad. Must get rid of in Jan. if possible. Surely there must be someone better up front in our current squad albeit injuries. I'd even (hope) take a junior from the acadamy than Wood..!?!?!

2 minutes ago, Bada Bing said:

We won't be getting shot any time soon. He cost a fair whack, has a good injury record, and serves a purpose as a reliable member of the squad to call on. 

He's got 1 year left on his deal come this summer, I'd imagine if we can get £10-£12m for him we'd take it and move on tbh.