Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

He’s done here after that miss. The SJP crowd will be on his back at every given opportunity. Absolute carthorse.

Not even that. A carthorse can actually run about a bit.

11 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I don’t like to scapegoat one player as there have been a number of weaker performances tonight but that miss is not something a league one striker should be missing, let alone a premier league striker. He’s absolutely done at the top level 

Luckily we've got 4-5 to choose from. :lol:

He's awful but seemed to get a lot of praise simply for being in a winning side. If a strikers biggest contribution is their defensive workrate it's usually a sign they aren't very good. 

Edited by Jaqen

2 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

He's awful but seemed to get a lot of praise simply for being in a winning side. If a strikers biggest contribution is their defensive workrate it's usually a sign they aren't very good. 

He got praise because people didn’t want to admit he was a huge waste of money.

On 11/01/2022 at 18:38, STM said:

You lot have no idea how effective this cunt is as a target man. He's always been a nightmare to play against. It's stage one of the new regime. Needs must.

I hate picking posts out, but this didn’t age well 

You have to feel for him though, he was devastated when he missed, he's a Newcastle player so we have to support him whilst he's still here, no point turning on him it will just make things worse 

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that he's on ~£100,000 per week. If true, we will never be able to offload him until he's out of contact. 

Then we are stuck with this dogshit fucker, but just send him away, he cant be near the team.

The irony of it coming full circle like. We couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo in the FA Cup last season and it lead to us spending the money on Wood. 12 months later Wood couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo and we're back out of the FA Cup.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Less mobility than an Easter Island statue. I’d let Leeds have him back and try and find a replacement on loan.

Leeds, and every club in the PL, have far better forwards on their books.

I’m not sure why it’s such a big sudden revelation that Chris Wood is a terrible footballer. He’s never been anything else.

9 minutes ago, mofo said:

Striker's miss chance's but I cannot get over how he doesn't jump for the fucking ball!!! 

That was the key for me. At the end, he just folded down and ducked. Fucking get up for it man. I've defended Wood, and hoped he would come good for us. He's a third choice striker who's unfortunately had to play more games than he should have for us, and it's highlighted how out of his depth he is. This loss isn't just on him, but that miss will weigh heavily. Just hope he shrugs it off, as he'll no doubt be called upon several times before the season is done.

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

18 more months of this cart horse. I know it was needs must at the time and he played his part keeping us up but FUCKING HELL this lad is SHIT.

Hopefully with Isak now back, this is the last we see of him.

There’s no way he’s on that much. 60 maybe. Even at that he won’t be offloaded but he’ll eventually end up on loan somewhere.

Such a docile creature, zero intensity and that miss will live long in the memory.

Hear all the time that the manager likes having players he can trust.. well, how can you trust that? Like having zero confidence that your “25 MILLION POUND” striker can’t score in an open net pretty much.