Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I read it was 5 starts 3 goals. Either way he’s doing a good job as a 3rd striker. Pleased for him. Would happily start him against Leeds and keep Wilson for Arsenal and hopefully Isak on the bench with him.

You're right, it's 3 starts 2 goals in the league, 5 starts 3 goals overall. Good return really.

To say he was peripheral today would be extremely generous. He offers nothing but a guarantee of no goals unless we get a pen (which is rare given the referees we get). Hopefully we move him on this summer and get a young up-and-coming to fulfil the third choice striker role.

Posted this in the match thread, but he was fine? His hold-up play was decent, can think of at least 2 lay-offs that put Willock in on the last defender. The chance was a decent save, though he could have done more. Still perfectly happy with him as 3rd choice for the rest of this season at least - Isak and Wilson obviously both huge upgrades.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Thought he was fine. Wilson didn't really improve us when he came on either, weirdly.

Wilson would have scored that chance and not fucked up first half when all he had to do was play the ball across. I honestly can't understand how you can come to the conclusion he was fine mind. 

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Wilson would have scored that chance and not fucked up first half when all he had to do was play the ball across. I honestly can't understand how you can come to the conclusion he was fine mind. 

Wilson was on for more than long enough to not need to rely on "Wilson would have scored that" when he did nothing and had no chances himself.

Wood should have done better with his first chance, 2nd was a good save, but I'm much more annoyed with Longstaff and Joelinton for skying more clear cut chances. Thought Wood's hold up play was good as well, especially first half.

Just came back from the match, when that ball fell to him in the second half everyone got up expecting him to score but i was still sitting on my seat because i have no confidence whatsoever in him scoring it, his movement, touch, finishing and overall play is nowhere near this league's level, its a good thing that he could take penalties because honestly i don't what else can he do.

He had to be better for Burnley and Leeds (albeit not in the PL) than he's been for us right?

Even allowing for expecting only really aerial threat/presence he doesn't seem to fit this level.

Think its an area we have to look at given the likely injury problems of Isak/Wilson even if just a loan. Something more dynamic.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Wilson was on for more than long enough to not need to rely on "Wilson would have scored that" when he did nothing and had no chances himself.

Wood should have done better with his first chance, 2nd was a good save, but I'm much more annoyed with Longstaff and Joelinton for skying more clear cut chances. Thought Wood's hold up play was good as well, especially first half.

I agree with Longstaff, Joelington and you can add Schar also. Wood I totally disagree with you as I thought he was abysmal. Still maintain if Wilson is on the pitch we have two goals with those chances. Wood offers nothing whilst even if Wilson has a quiet game he only needs one chance to make the difference. Agree to disagree though. 

He'd be fine as a third choice starter if one of the guys ahead of him wasn't Callum Wilson. He's going to play lots of minutes before the end of the season unless we add to the squad and he's just a massive liability, sadly.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

I agree with Longstaff, Joelington and you can add Schar also. Wood I totally disagree with you as I thought he was abysmal. Still maintain if Wilson is on the pitch we have two goals with those chances. Wood offers nothing whilst even if Wilson has a quiet game he only needs one chance to make the difference. Agree to disagree though. 

I love Wilson but I don't really see what he'd have done with that 2nd chance, it was a great stop by Meslier, as was his stop from Schar's header.

To be honest I get more frustrated at Wilson and Isak missing games than I do with Wood. He is what he is, he’s not great, works hard, and probably won’t be here for much longer. A third choice striker shouldn’t be playing this many games though.

7 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I love Wilson but I don't really see what he'd have done with that 2nd chance, it was a great stop by Meslier, as was his stop from Schar's header.

Top strikers would have chipoed the ball over him or possibly took it around him. As I said I disagree, I also thought the one from Schar, that although it was still a decent save it was pretty much straight at him and let's not forget he put one over the bar from a great position at the start of the second half. We're not going to agree, so I'll leave it there. 

Edited by et tu brute