Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Guest reefatoon

Was screaming at Joelinton to go himself and to not pass it to him. You just knew where it was going if/when he did.

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

You have to feel for him though, he was devastated when he missed, he's a Newcastle player so we have to support him whilst he's still here, no point turning on him it will just make things worse 

So was I. Sadly I'm not getting 80k+ a week to look devastated. If that's his best redeeming feature you"ve got to admit the game is up for him. He's dreadful. Ideally he just doesn't need to play again now Isak is back.

I think everyone of us wanted Wood to be a success. Especially with the trasfer fee on his back. The thing for me is, yes a forward will allways miss some chances, but Chris Wood misses the few he gets and offers zero of anything else. Some strikers will miss but instead they will create space,make a clever assist/pass or being a beast at holding up the ball to the wideman overlapping. Wood offers nada,nothing!

He will be very tough to offload.

5 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

There’s no way he’s on that much. 60 maybe. Even at that he won’t be offloaded but he’ll eventually end up on loan somewhere.

Such a docile creature, zero intensity and that miss will live long in the memory.

Hear all the time that the manager likes having players he can trust.. well, how can you trust that? Like having zero confidence that your “25 MILLION POUND” striker can’t score in an open net pretty much.

He was on 70k at Burnley.

11 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Leeds, and every club in the PL, have far better forwards on their books.

I’m not sure why it’s such a big sudden revelation that Chris Wood is a terrible footballer. He’s never been anything else.

Pretty sure I read a post on here recently by someone making out not many PL teams have a third choice striker as good as Wood :lol:

On 02/01/2023 at 00:27, GlenMag said:

Maybe I'm being contrary but I didn't think he was that bad yesterday, watching back today the failed cutback wasn't that easy in the conditions, and have to give the keeper credit for the one in the second half, he's not a world class striker and we didn't buy him to be one. He's as good a third choice striker as there is in the league

@Ronaldo

He's always been shit. His goal highlights video posted when he was signed was tragic. I've said this repeatedly but I never want to see him play for us again. Windass showed what a League One striker looks like, this guy shouldn't even be playing professional football.

Look - he was brought in last season to do a job (help keep us up) - and he did it.  Today was a really bad miss, but I'm not going to go hating on the lad.  He's an honest pro and when he leaves, he will have done his bit to get this club back up there.

1 minute ago, Big Geordie said:

Look - he was brought in last season to do a job (help keep us up) - and he did it.  Today was a really bad miss, but I'm not going to go hating on the lad.  He's an honest pro and when he leaves, he will have done his bit to get this club back up there.

Well said