Jesse Lingard

3 hours ago, Chicken Dancer said:

This is what makes me so uncomfortable with the Harry Maguire abuse to be honest. Let's be fair, it's been pretty much bullying. He's just another bloke like us who happens to be playing football professionally. He isn't a robot, just a human being who's not been performing his job at a high level. The line has been crossed with him in my opinion.

I totally get that he's been largely shit for a while, but this era of being able to connect with footballers on social media is more of a curse than a blessing. I think I'd be in the minority of footballers and would not have social media if I was professional. I don't think Rodri does (may be wrong) and there will be others. It's probably a good thing if they're able to disconnect.

Would love it if he had a belter World Cup and scores an important goal for England to send us through or something.

I’ve often thought we should buy Maguire. Howe would restore him. That would make for top notch centre half competition. 

39 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Manquillo, Burn, Shelvey and Ritchie are the ones in our squad who don't have any social media. 

BDB doesn't need social media. He just reads The News Post Leader & if anyone writes owt derogatory in the letters page he, and his family, gan round and torch ya house

3 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

BDB doesn't need social media. He just reads The News Post Leader & if anyone writes owt derogatory in the letters page he, and his family, gan round and torch ya house

Burn can just see what everyone's up to by standing up

I’ll be as guilty as anyone as chatting shit about players on here or wherever but anyone griefing players directly is an absolute stain on the game regardless of who it is or who they support. I genuinely don’t get what the aim is. Same as booing players when they’re playing for you. Absolutely wank. 

We seen Spurs fans booing Emerson at the weekend, imagine the state of that. Yes he’s not great but you’re 4th in the league and he’s played all the games and doesn’t give much up, the alts are Spence and Doherty and you’re carrying on like he’s the devil. Wild.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

I’ll be as guilty as anyone as chatting shit about players on here or wherever but anyone griefing players directly is an absolute stain on the game regardless of who it is or who they support. I genuinely don’t get what the aim is. Same as booing players when they’re playing for you. Absolutely wank. 

We seen Spurs fans booing Emerson at the weekend, imagine the state of that. Yes he’s not great but you’re 4th in the league and he’s played all the games and doesn’t give much up, the alts are Spence and Doherty and you’re carrying on like he’s the devil. Wild.

I fully agree with your point but Emerson Royal getting ahead of Spence is still mad imo. The lad looked quality for Forest even against PL opposition in the FA Cup. Every time I see Royal I've thought he's looked absolutely terrible.