sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Many teams are trying to sign players from teams who were relegated out of the Premier League, Maddison is just one example....  by the logic of the mackem every player in a team that finishes in a lower position than your team must be rubbish and not worthy of consideration.

6 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

Many teams are trying to sign players from teams who were relegated out of the Premier League, Maddison is just one example....  by the logic of the mackem every player in a team that finishes in a lower position than your team must be rubbish and not worthy of consideration.

Na, that's not what I'm basing my logic on.

I'm basing it on the fact that our central midfielders are better than Jeff Hendrick and that Jeff Hendrick therefore wouldn't get into our team.

1 minute ago, TeddySAFC said:

Your football knowledge is clearly dreadful.

My football knowledge is spot on. I called it back in September after watching half a dozen or so Championship games on Sky that it was the worst standard Championship in years and was proven right. 

Watched your last game v Luton Town and it was embarrassing how (no disrespect to Luton) a bunch of hammer throwers were able to completely dominate you and beat you so easily. Your midfield looked so weak. Hendrick would walk into your team 100%.

9 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

My football knowledge is spot on. I called it back in September after watching half a dozen or so Championship games on Sky that it was the worst standard Championship in years and was proven right. 

Watched your last game v Luton Town and it was embarrassing how (no disrespect to Luton) a bunch of hammer throwers were able to completely dominate you and beat you so easily. Your midfield looked so weak. Hendrick would walk into your team 100%.

https://www.squawka.com/en/comparison-matrix/?compare=10DwIroIG_FsKfghyS95N

So Jeff Hendrick walks into our central midfield despite having the lowest passing accuracy, the lowest number of chances created (Bar Evans who literally does not pass the half way line), the lowest number of tackles made, the lowest number of interceptions made, lowest number of ball recoveries, in comparison, to every single one of our central midfielders over an average 90 minutes.

The one redeeming feature of Hendrick is that he managed to score 4 in comparison to our central midfielders (Who sit as two holding midfielders in a 4231) - He does however average less goals and assists than Pritchard who sometimes played in a deeper role for us.

Hendrick also registered one assist, in comparison to Neil with 4 and Pritchard with 7.

Stop talking bollocks.

Edited by TeddySAFC

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Howay lads, Jeff Hendrick is fucking awful, doubt he would be a starter for many/any top half championship teams :lol:

You underestimate how bad the Championship is. A player with over 100 PL appearances and 79 caps for Ireland gets into most teams in that league as things stand.

Just now, Wallsendmag said:

You underestimate how bad the Championship is. A player with over 100 PL appearances and 79 caps for Ireland gets into most teams in that league as things stand.

Think you grossly overestimate how "good" Hendrick is. Very much doubt he will be end up anywhere near the Championship play offs next season. 

Just now, Nobody said:

Think you grossly overestimate how "good" Hendrick is. Very much doubt he will be end up anywhere near the Championship play offs next season. 

I'm not saying he's particularly good but he's more than good enough for the vast majority of Championship teams. Look at the teams that were up the top last year. Sheff Utd, Luton, Coventry, Sunderland, Preston, Millwall etc. In years gone by teams with the quality of players they have wouldn't have got close to being promoted. It was such a weak league.

I do think it'll be stronger next season though.

54 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Don't agree either, sunderlands team did play some decent stuff for the division hendrick had absolutely nothing about him here, wouldn't be surprised if championship is too good for him too

Agreed. Hendrick is dogmeat and Sunderland’s midfield is decent for that league.

19 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

You're talking absolute bollocks here I'm afraid. Hendrick is awful. I don't see any reason why he gets into a top 6 Championship team - where is the logic there?

8 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

https://www.squawka.com/en/comparison-matrix/?compare=10DwIroIG_FsKfghyS95N

So Jeff Hendrick walks into our central midfield despite having the lowest passing accuracy, the lowest number of chances created (Bar Evans who literally does not pass the half way line), the lowest number of tackles made, the lowest number of interceptions made, lowest number of ball recoveries, in comparison, to every single one of our central midfielders over an average 90 minutes.

The one redeeming feature of Hendrick is that he managed to score 4 in comparison to our central midfielders (Who sit as two holding midfielders in a 4231) - He does however average less goals and assists than Pritchard who sometimes played in a deeper role for us.

Hendrick also registered one assist, in comparison to Neil with 4 and Pritchard with 7.

Stop talking bollocks.

There's loads of ways of defining how good a player actually is. Your average Sunderland fan thinks that players like Cattermole and Kevin Ball are good footballers because they can go round kicking lumps out of people. I don't.

I'll never let a Sunderland fan lecture me about anything football related because more often than not they are clueless and have a history of overhyping bang average players just because they play for them.

Hendrick walks into your team. End of.

1 minute ago, jonny1403 said:

You're talking absolute bollocks here I'm afraid. Hendrick is awful. I don't see any reason why he gets into a top 6 Championship team - where is the logic there?

Played a lot of games for Ireland :memelol:

Just now, jonny1403 said:

Sheff Utd finished top 2. Did you watch much of them last season? They were so, so poor. 

As I said back in September. The standard of that league was truely abysmal last season.

1 minute ago, Wallsendmag said:

There's loads of ways of defining how good a player actually is. Your average Sunderland fan thinks that players like Cattermole and Kevin Ball are good footballers because they can go round kicking lumps out of people. I don't.

I'll never let a Sunderland fan lecture me about anything football related because more often than not they are clueless and have a history of overhyping bang average players just because they play for them.

Hendrick walks into your team. End of.

There's only one clueless poster here and it's you.

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I only watched the Luton game I think but their issue was that they weren't athletic or physical enough to keep up with Luton, I'm not sure how Jeff Hendrick solves that issue [emoji38]

We were absolutely bullied against Luton because we had about 13 players to pick from, We had two full backs at centre half, a right winger at right back and a right back at left back. [emoji38]