sunderland in the EFL

Big River

14 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

We beat Sheff Wed then a home draw against the mackems.

The lunatic excile will no doubt show up outside our ground to protest against our owners :rolleyes:

Would he fuck, he doesn’t believe in human rights in Saudi nor supports SAFC. He’ll probably do what he does worse, post endlessly on tw@tter and get zero likes.

Their reaction to our defeat has been ridiculous [emoji38] It's literally been their biggest result this season and that's no exaggeration either.

The plain facts are however; both us and Sunderland now have exactly the same chance of winning the FA Cup, ie zero, but we have the consolation of a League Cup Quarter Final coming on Tuesday whilst we chase a Champions League place whilst they play out a 6th successive season in the lower leagues. In the grand scheme of things, yesterday was a futile, hollow victory for them.

Learned recently that a mate of mine was in Sunderland on Boxing Day, don’t ask me why, and they went to ‘a pub’ to watch us play Leicester. All going swimmingly until the 7th minute when we scored our second and they turned it off [emoji38].

35 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Their reaction to our defeat has been ridiculous [emoji38] It's literally been their biggest result this season and that's no exaggeration either.

The plain facts are however; both us and Sunderland now have exactly the same chance of winning the FA Cup, ie zero, but we have the consolation of a League Cup Quarter Final coming on Tuesday whilst we chase a Champions League place whilst they play out a 6th successive season in the lower leagues. In the grand scheme of things, yesterday was a futile, hollow victory for them.

It's only our second loss of the season, so they're bound to make the most of it.

19 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

I mean, that is absolutely the opposite of a 'fact' but hey ho..

9 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

I mean, that is absolutely the opposite of a 'fact' but hey ho..

I think the joke may have just flew straight over your head pal.

Have you been waiting all season for a weekend where we lost and you lot won before you make an appearance on here?[emoji38]

Just now, Scoot said:

Have you been waiting all season for a weekend where we lost and you lot won before you make an appearance on here?[emoji38]

Let’s be nice and give him/her a chance eh?!

1 minute ago, Scoot said:

Hope he doesn't give up his day job.

Just now, Scoot said:

I don't think I've been nasty do you?

It's a genuine question. He's not been active since May last year.

Nah, just don’t want to see posters put off from posting is all, some mackems on here could be good for the forum as long as THEY play nice.

Just now, King HTT III said:

Nah, just don’t want to see posters put off from posting is all, some mackems on here could be good for the forum as long as THEY play nice.

To be fair I tried that last time and you end up getting nowt but shite.

1 minute ago, King HTT III said:

Fair enough, I agree.

He still hasn't answered my question like. In fact, he's avoided it, which tells me everything I need to know.

@TeddySAFCwhat would you consider a good season for you guys, obviously promotion would be ideal for yous, but would it be a season too far and would your owners invest to try and keep yous in the Premier League? I’m a Geordie and rivalry aside, I know a lot of people who work for yous at academy/coaching/scouting level as my boy was there for a few years and they are all great people from my experience, obviously I hope yous lose every game, but I’ve said from day one since I started following football I’d rather the top end of the PL was dominated by NE teams.

3 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Fair enough, I agree.

He still hasn't answered my question like. In fact, he's avoided it, which tells me everything I need to know.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the weekends results, hence why I never mentioned anything to do with them directly. If that's what you want to believe though, that's your choice.

Edited by TeddySAFC

I'll admit that I thought they would struggle but fair play, they are doing better than that.  Whether that's due to them being better than I thought or the league being poor or a bit of both.

We need the Derby back at some point though