sunderland

Big River

I can remember when Teddy first started posting here and it was exactly the same then. Seemed to come with decent intentions, but was never given a chance, goaded and antagonised quickly, so not much point continuing.

It's a strange situation, obviously there's a rivalry, and most on here will naturally hope Sunderland lose most weeks and what not, but I also wouldn't mind a few more away fans on here, even Sunderland, especially if they're coming on with the intention to be objective, but just the nature of the forum makes this pretty unlikely, and regardless of why they have signed up, they'll almost certainly be shot down quickly by some.

3 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

The board has close to 3,000 members, You are obviously going to get absolute weapons in them numbers.

Imagine grouping 3000 Newcastle fans together and giving them all a keyboard and a computer to hide behind, There would be a minority of absolute arseclarts too.

I don’t agree with you being antagonised but please,

let’s not compare RTG and this forum[emoji38]. They are very very different.

3 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

It's not at all. Where's the racism on here? Where's the hatred? Our very own Paully recieved death threats so had to stop posting on RTG ffs.

And you think it's exactly the same on here [emoji38]

No, I'm saying the craic I'm on about is the same. It's exactly the same.

And this place isn't totally innocent like, we've had our racists (or Skunkers where similar to RTG they weren't banned for racism, threats, abuse), nonces, criminals etc.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

And this place isn't totally innocent like, we've had our racists (or Skunkers where similar to RTG they weren't banned for racism, threats, abuse), nonces, criminals etc.

That's just the admin

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Skunkers was Skunkers. A totally separate entity to this board. I actually think it might have started off as a RTG spin off. It was outdated and died. It was nothing like it is here, and this is nothing like RTG for the examples I've given.

No forum is going to be all sweetness and light and this place has no doubt had its moments but to compare it to RTG is ludicrous tbh.

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Loved Skunkers a time when men used to be men.

That's exactly the sort of craic I'd expect on that hovel of a forum like :lol: 

That and overt racism and homophobia. 

Eeeeh yi cannit say nowt these days.

16 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

The board has close to 3,000 members, You are obviously going to get absolute weapons in them numbers.

Imagine grouping 3000 Newcastle fans together and giving them all a keyboard and a computer to hide behind, There would be a minority of absolute arseclarts too.

My point is that the general tone of this board is completely different to RTG where racsim has recently been openly encouraged and participated in even by its moderators.

If I behaved like that on here I'd be righly removed in no time at all.

1 minute ago, Wallsendmag said:

My point is that the general tone of this board is completely different to RTG where racsim has recently been openly encouraged and participated in even by its moderators.

Where has it been openly encouraged?

I'd say the biggest difference is he hasn't just been told to "Fuck off Mackem" which is the first and regular thing  to happen over there.

59 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Forum is massively enriched by having other clubs' fans on it but we always demand any mackems that sign up to be personally accountable for the worst excesses and most ridiculous opinions of RTG, I just don't get it :lol:

This is definitely an issue like. :lol: And it's basically because it's impossible for any NUFC fan to have a civilised debate on RTG without being subjected to a torrent of abuse, therefore any Mackem posting on here for the first time will inevitably take the brunt for all of the bullshit that is written about NUFC over there.

If this fella can make it through the initial shitstorm I'm confident he will be as welcome on here as the likes of Brummie etc. But he's still gonna have to get through that shitstorm. :lol: And, as has been pointed out, nobody has been abusive. Note though that he's only about 20 posts in and he's already been resorting to personal digs....."Why do you have such a chip on your shoulder?"...."Your are very sensitive"...."Are you on glue?".  Not a great way to ingratiate yourself on a forum. :lol:

Edited by Wandy

Skunkers was Skunkers. A totally separate entity to this board. I actually think it might have started off as a RTG spin off. It was outdated and died. It was nothing like it is here, and this is nothing like RTG for the examples I've given.

No forum is going to be all sweetness and light and this place has no doubt had its moments but to compare it to RTG is ludicrous tbh.

It's not though :lol: Just because there isn't the abuse there is on RTG, doesn't mean you don't also see the needlessly antagonistic, goading posts that are exactly the same as the ones from the last few pages. And as I said earlier, give it time and the abuse would come, it's happened before and there are obviously some short memories on that front. 

It's all part of the same mindset of Geordies and Mackems somehow being different breeds because we live 12 miles apart though, so I know I'm probably wasting my time like. :lol:

17 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Skunkers was just one gigantic, hilarious piss take where nothing could escape it's wrath. The in-joke was that the place basically mocked itself. Wish it was still around, it was class.:lol:

5 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Where has it been openly encouraged?

All over the place. They eventually removed the thread to a padlocked part of the forum to escape any consequences. If you've deativated your account and don't bother with the place you wouldn't have seen it.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's not though :lol: Just because there isn't the abuse there is on RTG, doesn't mean you don't also see the needlessly antagonistic, goading posts that are exactly the same as the ones from the last few pages. And as I said earlier, give it time and the abuse would come, it's happened before and there are obviously some short memories on that front. 

It's all part of the same mindset of Geordies and Mackems somehow being different breeds because we live 12 miles apart though, so I know I'm probably wasting my time like. :lol:

We're rivals ffs. You've got to expect some antagonism, goading etc, I'm really not sure what you'd expect, but if you think that's the same as outright racism and even death threats being issued then there isn't much reasoning with you on this matter so we should probably just leave it there.

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

If anything, it's Teddylad who has done the goading since he got here today. See the stuff I quoted above. The rest of us have just put a few hard-to-bear facts about his club to him.

Just now, Wandy said:

If anything, it's Teddylad who has done the goading since he got here today. See the stuff I quoted above. The rest of us have just put a few hard-to-bear facts about his club to him.

Na, You directly have been the issue by posting a load of rubbish which I responded to if the truth was known.

Some of your fellow mates even alluded to it within the thread if you read back.

Just now, TeddySAFC said:

Na, You directly have been the issue by posting a load of rubbish which I responded to if the truth was known.

Some of your fellow mates even alluded to it within the thread if you read back.

No, you have responded to opinions with some personal barbs. You don't like those opinions? Tough shit, that's what a forum is for. You haven't shaken off the stench of RTG I'm afraid.

Its a classic trait of that shithole to respond to an opinion with personal attacks. You are less than 30 posts in and are at it already.

7 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

We're rivals ffs. You've got to expect some antagonism, goading etc, I'm really not sure what you'd expect, but if you think that's the same as outright racism and even death threats being issued then there isn't much reasoning with you on this matter so we should probably just leave it there.

No, I don't think it's the same and never said anything of the sort. I think the needlessly antagonistic, goading posts are the same. They're exactly the same.

I know we're rivals, but that doesn't mean being a dick to the extent that people literally leave the board and don't come back is fine. :lol: If you think that's not a problem, fine, but I do and I'll say so.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Well you did like.

Probably best to quote the full post like. You wouldn't want to be seen as disingenuous would you?

56 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It doesn't need to be personally abusive to turn people away, does it? It can be as straightforward as being unwelcoming, accusatory, antagonistic, insulting their club, fans, players - all as soon as they've just got here and they seem sound.

Just all seems like RTG to me like, but maybe that's just me.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Wandy, it's 100% you imo.

You are whining on about personal abuse yet just choose to ignore his personal digs cos he's a new poster, bless him.

All that has happened here is people have made some critical remarks about SAFC and asked some probing questions about them. Fucking hell, I even said to him that their future looks quite rosy now. :lol: