Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

Tiered memberships can fuck off. Its just going to be more money fleeced and people paying more for a better chance of ticket.

They should be cut off at the start of the season but I cant really think of a fairer way that just picking everyone out of the hat. Whatever system you implement, you're going to have the same problem. Demand massively outstripping supply. Thats just the way it is. Anyway, whatever they implement will be in the interest of taking more money, as if Silverstone and the likes give the first fuck about fairness. They've got commercial targets to hit and thats all they're arsed about. 

And I say that as 0/3 for ballots this season. 

42 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

And what happens if you dont know early enough to return it? Ie last season my mate found out his lass went into labour two weeks early less than an hour before the bus left. Old rules he gave his ticket to his brother and no money lost which is fair enough and my whole point in this. Now that would be £100 up the shitter because hes subhuman scum that doesnt book refundable travel.....I cant imagine the boxoffice being much help early doors on a Sunday morning.

You’d be breaking the T&Cs of the previous conditions doing that as has been explained before. You’ve NEVER been able to legally give your away ticket to someone else regardless the situation without notifying the club first. 

15 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

Never officially been able to pass a season ticket on either though. That was happening even more and they’ve now made it possible for half the season while cracking down on away games.

Yep. They’ve done this because people were hoarding STs and selling individual games. I would like to think most were doing this at face value (same as aways) but the minority that don’t will only increase with success and that’s probably what the club are targeting early to a degree. 

Ultimately though (and not just NUFC) clubs more and more want to know who’s in what ground. Wether this is to help with marketing, judging genuine demand or reducing criminal activity within the ground I’ve no definitive answer. It’s certainly more than just trying to make a system fairer but that is a big part too. West Ham away going to 5 points this afternoon giving more people a chance to go and experience an away.

7 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

Hope they enjoy it after making no effort to go for the last 20 years.

I get your point as much as most however that doesn’t really take into consideration younger fans. Not solo travellers but ones needing parenting still.

Also the ones feeling they are now missing out because of the reinforcement of the longstanding T&Cs have had the same timespan to secure a ST & points during that time span.

Its a never ending argument of two sides of the coin unfortunately. 

Edited by LFEE

1 minute ago, Bellis80 said:

Aye, agree with you generally just feels a lack of consistency across ticketing. Also have the issue now of someone with loyalty points can’t wait for someone with none, like a child, and go in the ballot with them.

That last bit definitely needs changing. I can’t think of a benefit of excluding someone from a ballot because they didn’t buy a ticket initially.

Especially when they could have been in the last points band to qualify, and missed out because they sold out in minutes.

2 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Apologies, probably been asked before, but is there no chance of away games going to members at all? 

It’s probably unlikely at the moment, given the demand there seems to be from ST holders with low points.

I think the Man Utd cup game will be a good gage. If we get an allocation of 7k for a midweek game, and it still doesn’t go to members, I can’t see any other games making it.

5 hours ago, Fezzle said:

And what happens if you dont know early enough to return it? Ie last season my mate found out his lass went into labour two weeks early less than an hour before the bus left. Old rules he gave his ticket to his brother and no money lost which is fair enough and my whole point in this. Now that would be £100 up the shitter because hes subhuman scum that doesnt book refundable travel.....I cant imagine the boxoffice being much help early doors on a Sunday morning.

There'll always be unfortunate and exceptional circumstances stopping people from using their own ticket but the thing is the club has to have something in place to try and allocate a ticket to the applicant only, and other tickets going to those with fewer pts as a consequence . If someone can't make it they'll be genuine in a lot of cases but the club can't tell who is and isn't. Whether we like it or not the system has been in place for years. Tickets go to ST holders and those with the most pts 1st. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I say that through gritted teeth because I lost loads of pts and now don't have any. In the eyes of the club I've no record of loyalty despite going home and away for 47 years, but I knew the risks when I gave my ticket up. It's only now become an issue because of the increased demand.

51 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

At the end of the day I don't think anyone can argue that the current system for away games is any less fair than last seasons. 

It hasn’t changed at all. They are just reinforcing the T&Cs that have always been the same. The only difference is those who’ve risked their points in the past are less comfortable doing it so now.

Anyone using season ticket on an older phone? My mum has S7, I've added her ticket to her Gmail account but it doesn't show in the phone. Yet when I login to her account on my phone season ticket shows. Club website says latest version of Android her phone is Android 8. Guess she'll need a newer phone to get it to work? 

On 28/09/2023 at 20:11, Infatuation Junkie said:

My pal from Swindon doesn’t watch footie. Cares nothing about it.

Came up with the family the weekend of the first home game.

bought three memberships and won him his wife and bairn tickets.

went and stated after. Meh. I wouldn’t go again like.

So my pal stopping a fan who bleeds black and white. Thick and thin follower and devoted Geordie from going to a match.

If that isn’t punishment. Your head needs a wobble pal. 

Which part of the ground did your friend get tickets for?

On 27/08/2023 at 16:26, BlueStar said:

FFS, takes absolutely ages to get into the East Stand because doddering old twats tap their phone for 2 milliseconds and then stand there dumbfounded that it hasn't worked. Fucking hold it there! 

Even worse last night. Same auld codgers who were moaning about how ridiculous it was that we were still queuing 5 minutes after kickoff briefly tapping their phone against the camera instead of the NFC reader and then gormlessly standing there wonder why the turnstile isn't open and completely ignoring the woman tapping on the glass telling them they need to put their phone on the place it tells you to and hold it there. 

9 hours ago, patrone said:

With the ballot and no option to choose, was stuck in L7, right at the back, last row , £37 for membership, then the "luck" of the draw and another £44 later.

It's a no from me ?

IMG-20231001-WA0000.jpg

I’ve had 2 ballot tickets in that same spot and sold them both to mates and found alternatives in the resale 

I know plenty of people don’t mind L7 but it’s not somewhere I’d pay my hard earned cash to go 

Its like watching Sensible Soccer on the Amiga in 1992 

Level 7 is grim, a big part of going to a game is the atmosphere. You can still soak it up to a degree up there but it’s often extremely tame. Factor in the fact it’s really hard to see what’s going on on the pitch and it’s really only the odd game I can stomach up there

The level 7 corner was class in the mid to late 2000s. Was like an away end every week. Mostly younger fans.

This week I had 3 young lads in front of me in the standing bit making Snapchats. Nee singing from them though

24 minutes ago, jack j said:

The level 7 corner was class in the mid to late 2000s. Was like an away end every week. Mostly younger fans.

This week I had 3 young lads in front of me in the standing bit making Snapchats. Nee singing from them though

The bantz with the likes of the Barnsley fans as we were pumping them 6-0 was great.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman