Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

Pay as you go like we did in the 60's for the majority of us, but no doubt some will go on about delayed entry, and issues if cards fail, cash is king but can you trust the gatemen ? used to let a couple through same gate in days gone by,  but then there's an overcrowding issue , so in reality is there a solution ?

Totally agree by the way that there's absolutely no reason for season tickets to be digital. Keeping them as physical cards sent out at the start of the season would have solved a significant percentage of the queueing issues. 

You can still allow people to transfer it as a digital ticket for a game if they pass it on. It would then render the season ticket card to not work for that matchday. I don't like digital tickets (plus I collect them as souvenirs) so for Dortmund I told the box office I didn't have a smart phone and they gave me a paper one. It immediately invalidated the digital download so you couldn't put it in the wallet (I tried out of interest).

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

I don’t see what was wrong with the ST cards for ST holders.

Members could have cards that if successful, a ticket is uploaded to their physical card to get into the stadium? I pay £37 a year, surely a physical card isn’t that fucking hard (or expensive)

Yup this would be another potential fix if they wanted to limit touting. In Turkey you have Passolig cards which you need to get into any football matches (it's hooliganism related). You get a physical card and then load the tickets on when buying them.

Still massively cuts down on postage and paper usage but also makes touting much more difficult.

5 hours ago, Tross said:

But giving a ticket to your mate or family member is not touting so the ID check stops genuine fans not just people who have bought from a re-seller.

So you buy the ticket, get the loyalty points, and don't go?

Think this is where @ponsaelius idea is a good one. Have a handful of games a season where you can do this, neither the buyer or person they pass it on to gets the point, and that's it. 3-5 seems fair?

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

So you buy the ticket, get the loyalty points, and don't go?

Think this is where @ponsaelius idea is a good one. Have a handful of games a season where you can do this, neither the buyer or person they pass it on to gets the point, and that's it. 3-5 seems fair?

I think you have a fair middle ground here . It's sensible so most likely never get any traction :suicide:

Another suggestion, but what about a "Members Only" pre-season game? Included in the price of the membership, even if it's early in pre-season and it's the sort of team we put out at Gateshead. Any unsold tickets go to public sale or a ballot for season ticket holders. 

Least it's a little "something" for the membership money even if you get jackshit luck the rest of the season. If it's the equivalent of £15 from the £40 or so (which I imagine the membership would go up to next season) it's a little something. 

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Another suggestion, but what about a "Members Only" pre-season game? Included in the price of the membership, even if it's early in pre-season and it's the sort of team we put out at Gateshead. Any unsold tickets go to public sale or a ballot for season ticket holders. 

Least it's a little "something" for the membership money even if you get jackshit luck the rest of the season. If it's the equivalent of £15 from the £40 or so (which I imagine the membership would go up to next season) it's a little something. 

The pre-season games don't sell out anyway so that seems pointless.

16 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Totally agree by the way that there's absolutely no reason for season tickets to be digital. Keeping them as physical cards sent out at the start of the season would have solved a significant percentage of the queueing issues. 

Aye, plus the old white man collecting shit trait in me misses collecting pointless shit like this.

10 minutes ago, patrone said:

So who's attending next Wednesday to point all these valid point across to people that matter?

I applied but wasn't successful. I assume the Trust will have people there, hopefully NUSC too. But be good if both groups could canvas some opinions in advance. The club SLO should probably do this. But given the club don't even seem to bother to reply to emails then the latter might be wishful thinking atm.

6 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

I applied but wasn't successful. I assume the Trust will have people there, hopefully NUSC too. But be good if both groups could canvas some opinions in advance. The club SLO should probably do this. But given the club don't even seem to bother to reply to emails then the latter might be wishful thinking atm.

I applied for two of us, other person had email confirmation, but I haven't as yet, although the "ticket" is showing in my account.

We have both supplied a question via the link they supply. so let's see what happens.

8 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

Don’t think people have been notified if they’ve been successful yet have they?

It said everybody would be told by 4pm on the 16th.

54 minutes ago, SteV said:

Don’t think people have been notified if they’ve been successful yet have they?

It said everybody would be told by 4pm on the 16th.

Just got an email through to say I have an online place.

And I've just had email to say I was "unlucky" so applied as a pair one of us was successful

hahaha

ffs

"Thank you for your interest in our We Are United Supporter Event at St. James’ Park.

Places have been allocated via a random selection and unfortunately you have not been successful in securing a place at this event on this occasion. Demand for this event was extremely high. You will be added to our priority list as a future attendee for further supporter events.

We would welcome any further comments you would like to contribute. Please email these to [email protected].

If places do become available at short notice, we will ballot the unsuccessful applicants to offer the opportunity."

Edited by patrone

52 minutes ago, patrone said:

And I've just had email to say I was "unlucky" so applied as a pair one of us was successful

hahaha

ffs

"Thank you for your interest in our We Are United Supporter Event at St. James’ Park.

Places have been allocated via a random selection and unfortunately you have not been successful in securing a place at this event on this occasion. Demand for this event was extremely high. You will be added to our priority list as a future attendee for further supporter events.

We would welcome any further comments you would like to contribute. Please email these to [email protected].

If places do become available at short notice, we will ballot the unsuccessful applicants to offer the opportunity."

Yep, got that too 

On 10/11/2023 at 11:50, jack j said:

Agree someone get to this fan event and get this across to them. I've just applied and realised its the same day as my wife's birthday ffs

Shock horror..

Theyve emailed saying I've got a place for the in person attendance.. Got until 17th to knock it back or tell the wife...

Edited by jack j

5 hours ago, jack j said:

Shock horror..

Theyve emailed saying I've got a place for the in person attendance.. Got until 17th to knock it back or tell the wife...

The moment you’ve been waiting for… 

Got a list of questions?

• 2 weeks later...

@patrone @jack j

I know at least one of you attended so can you confirm memberships sold?

In previous conversation with @patrone we had sold 55k approx in 2 days and we have slightly less than half the members of Dortmund (180k) so would leave us with having a total figure of 55-89k memberships sold.

Just listened to the Gallowgate Shots podcast and the lad who was in attendance for them says the club confirmed on the night we’d sold 10k memberships with 20% of them not even used to apply for tickets so far which makes absolutely no sense to me.

If the ground is 52300 approximately and away fans get just over 3K so we’ll say it brings us down to 48/49k so let’s go with lower.

ST figures reportedly between 30-35k so let’s play save with the higher which leaves 13k tickets I keep saying we have available match to match.

How is 8k applicants not fitting into 13k tickets available? 

Can you recollect what was actually said as there seemed no ambiguity on this podcast but the sums don’t back it up.

Well then he's lying

No exact figures were mentioned regarding membership or ST holders.

"Dortmund have 180k members, we have less than half" is exactly what was said.

"Around 20% of memberships sold have not entered a ballot"

🤷‍♂️

Edited by patrone