Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

On 24/04/2024 at 21:58, Wallsendmag said:

That's pretty damming that mind. Not renewing mine and the bairns for next season. Haven't applied for a game since before Xmas but until then had a reasonable success rate. Excellent in the family enclosure but poor for Cat 2. Unfortunately I don't like Level 7 so not really keen on the family enclosure and really hate not being able to at least select a stand to be in, let alone a seat so for that reason I'm out.

I think membership numbers will drop off next season. It's awful value and a poorly thought out package.

You say damming but if you apply the maths 4-5 games would’ve been the expected return. Any more than 5 a bonus really. Split the £37 into 4-5 and add it to each ticket and it seems ok value. It’s if you only if your success rate is 0-3 then the value doesn’t look great. Still have the access to the re-sale market which helps also but an absolute pain. As is the lack of block/seat choice in the ballot.

33 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You say damming but if you apply the maths 4-5 games would’ve been the expected return. Any more than 5 a bonus really. Split the £37 into 4-5 and add it to each ticket and it seems ok value. It’s if you only if your success rate is 0-3 then the value doesn’t look great. Still have the access to the re-sale market which helps also but an absolute pain. As is the lack of block/seat choice in the ballot.

Resale is decent if you only want 1 ticket. If you want 2 together I've found it impossible. Family section seems the best bet for ballot success but I don't like sitting up there and the only Cat 2 success I've had was v Man City in the League Cup.

I've tried it this season (not since Xmas) and it's not really for me, hence I'm not bothering next year.

Was at the game yesterday and noticed on the electronic ad boards something called "The Mag" membership and was coming soon, does anybody know anything about that? Is that what it is now?

I’m fortunate enough to sometimes get two tickets through graft in 1892 but if the resale is open to GS I’ll ditch the membership as even if I do win, I’ll just get bumped to L7 anyway.

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

Was at the game yesterday and noticed on the electronic ad boards something called "The Mag" membership and was coming soon, does anybody know anything about that? Is that what it is now?

Think it's the public transport offer.

Just now, El Prontonise said:

Resale is membership only.

Only forwarding is to free accounts.

Thought so. Thanks for confirming 👍🏻

Bagged a resale for Brighton earlier so that’s me finished buying tickets for 23/24

Final tally is….

21 home games (I didn't try to get tickets for Bournemouth & Man Utd)

Bought 43 tickets (I have access to a few memberships) and got to every game apart from the 2 when I wasn't available

So that means 22 tickets were passed on to friends or to help out people from N-O

It’s an absolutely rancid system but fortunately I've learned how to play it and was happy to help others if I could

Edited by bobbydazzla

5 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Bagged a resale for Brighton earlier so that’s me finished buying tickets for 23/24

Final tally is….

21 home games (I didn't try to get tickets for Bournemouth & Man Utd)

Bought 43 tickets (I have access to a few memberships) and got to every game apart from the 2 when I wasn't available

So that means 22 tickets were passed on to friends or to help out people from N-O

It’s an absolutely rancid system but fortunately I've learned how to play it and was happy to help others if I could

I can put up with the Ballot, equal chances and all that (unless you "invest" in multiple memberships. But hate the resale. Mindlessly clicking refresh for hours. It seems to prefer faster operating systems/browsers and the number of "seat not available" or "seat not available at the price selected" messages are tedious and the resale system very definitely gives Bots a greater success rate.

2 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

I'm worried in case they change the resale system cos much like bobbydazzla I've been able to get tickets for every game I didn't win the ballot for. 

Can I ask what method you use? Ive tried different browsers etc but always seems to be beaten to the click! Ive only managed 3 resales this season and two were on match day.

Speaking for myself, it's no great science outside of constantly refreshing in 15-30 minute windows and being lightning quick.

You've got very little hope of getting two seats together in my experience.

1 hour ago, whiteline said:

Can I ask what method you use? Ive tried different browsers etc but always seems to be beaten to the click! Ive only managed 3 resales this season and two were on match day.

I don't think browser type has any bearing, you've just got to be quick at spotting a seat and getting that seat into your basket within a second or two. Any longer than that and it will usually vanish

Success is down to persistence, a sprinkle of luck and having a proper rapid trigger finger. And I can also ADHD hyper-focus on a mundane task, which helps

7 minutes ago, Sima said:

Speaking for myself, it's no great science outside of constantly refreshing in 15-30 minute windows and being lightning quick.

You've got very little hope of getting two seats together in my experience.

I was able to basket 2 x seats together about 3 or 4 times over the entire season, it was so rare compared to singles

Edited by bobbydazzla

42 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

I don't think browser type has any bearing, you've just got to be quick at spotting a seat and getting that seat into your basket within a second or two. Any longer than that and it will usually vanish

Success is down to persistence, a sprinkle of luck and having a proper rapid trigger finger. And I can also ADHD hyper-focus on a mundane task, which helps

Do you use the drop down or the stadium map? I find it takes time to

refresh screen

click on the drop down

click on apply

click on the seat (when eventually you spot it!)

click on buy

at that stage it’s normally gone. 

14 minutes ago, whiteline said:

Do you use the drop down or the stadium map? I find it takes time to

refresh screen

click on the drop down

click on apply

click on the seat (when eventually you spot it!)

click on buy

at that stage it’s normally gone. 

I use the drop down

to be successful the entire process you describe usually needs to be done in under 5 seconds  

Persistence will show you some seats but it’s reaction speeds that gets them in the basket 

From this….

Ralph Macchio Chopsticks GIF

To this….

ralph macchio chopsticks GIF

Edited by bobbydazzla

2 hours ago, whiteline said:

It has been covered by others but checking periodically in short quick bursts. As when one pops up you need to secure it quick. Gets easier the closer you get to KO. 

Probably not the right thread but can't find a ticketing one (if there is one). 

Does anyone here go to the match on a senior ticket? If so does the scanner light up a different colour? I'm renewing the family season tickets and my mum is now a senior. We can't change her name due to the seat bond, and I have two mates who share her ticket. Will I have to transfer every week or does it just scan green when you go in? 

p.s I want to pay adult price but I can't unless the box office let me change the DOB....

17 minutes ago, Adam said:

Does anyone here go to the match on a senior ticket? If so does the scanner light up a different colour? I'm renewing the family season tickets and my mum is now a senior. We can't change her name due to the seat bond, and I have two mates who share her ticket. Will I have to transfer every week or does it just scan green when you go in? 

p.s I want to pay adult price but I can't unless the box office let me change the DOB....

Different lights for a senior mate.

22 minutes ago, Adam said:

Does your mam never use it?

If not that’s potentially a problem, as although you can transfer to an adult for any game, if you do it every week it’ll probably flag something up and they’ll eventually ask questions.

19 minutes ago, SteV said:

Does your mam never use it?

If not that’s potentially a problem, as although you can transfer to an adult for any game, if you do it every week it’ll probably flag something up and they’ll eventually ask questions.

She will now and then but not every game. I can only transfer 10 games so will have to find a solution to the problem if the light is a different colour for seniors. Though when I've scanned after some old folk this season their ST just showed green so I'm not sure. I'll ask the old bloke next to me at the Brighton game and go from there.