Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

3 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

I'm not managing to get one, but I'm seeing 37 GBP adult tickets in L7. How are these so cheap? I'm guessing I can't actually buy one. (adult, not senior)

Family Area so can't buy one unless you have a junior ticket alongside it

Just now, Sifu said:

I managed to get one in my basket but I can't buy as I need a junior ticket. But it's a lone seat - so it has to be an unaccompanied child?

14 minutes ago, Sifu said:

Not just the family area.

You can’t buy 2 adult tickets and 1 child ticket in the Gallowgate on the same transaction.

System is wildly restrictive.

Edited by Sima

26 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

I managed to get one in my basket but I can't buy as I need a junior ticket. But it's a lone seat - so it has to be an unaccompanied child?

Think it can go a Youth as a single ticket, not sure of the logic up in the Family Area apart from you can't buy a single adult up there.

15 minutes ago, Earp said:

Since the resale this morning loads more tickets have appeared on Live Football Tickets

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The club should just buy all of those, match the seat numbers and ban anyone who put one up for sale. 

If you report these to the club they'll say that the tickets don't actually exist.

And in other news an ostrich was found with its head buried in the sand.

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The club should just buy all of those, match the seat numbers and ban anyone who put one up for sale. 

It literally is as easy as that but for some reason they seem very reluctant to do this.

and now after 30 mis refreshing we're back to this:

You have been blocked.

Why? Something about the behaviour of the browser has caught our attention.

There are various possible explanations for this:

You are browsing and clicking at a speed much faster than expected of a human being.

Something is preventing JavaScript from working on your computer.

There is a robot on the same network (

But of course there's nothing wrong with the web site.... Oh and who moved the "More v" tab on the ticket sale website? It's now directly above the space where tickets will (might) be listed, causing the More top down box to be selected when whizzing about for that elusive ticket.

56 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

46 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

It literally is as easy as that but for some reason they seem very reluctant to do this.

It’s not really. They’d just create new accounts with new memberships if need be whilst receiving money from the club.

Going back to physical tickets and posting out days prior to fixture would be the better option in my opinion. Touts would have to risk meeting staff and authorities face to face then…

On 03/10/2024 at 22:11, HayDen Traces said:

Are most of you entering the ballot for single seats? I've not had a membership the last couple of years for fear I'll not get in, I'd have to buy 2 memberships and apply for 2 seats which means I'm even less likely to win.

I apply for two, myself and my son. 

We are only ever successful in the family section. 

Edited by JEToon

24 minutes ago, LFEE said:

It’s not really. They’d just create new accounts with new memberships if need be whilst receiving money from the club.

Going back to physical tickets and posting out days prior to fixture would be the better option in my opinion. Touts would have to risk meeting staff and authorities face to face then…

I know what you mean, I just can't ever see us going back to paper. 

FWIW I'm sure their are technical solutions to this issue. I'm sure when I went to Man City game the QR code changed every hour or so on your phone, so you couldn't send the ticket to anyone else. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I know what you mean, I just can't ever see us going back to paper. 

FWIW I'm sure their are technical solutions to this issue. I'm sure when I went to Man City game the QR code changed every hour or so on your phone, so you couldn't send the ticket to anyone else. 

Agreed, more advanced tech is surely the answer.

There’s one of the new stadiums in Turkey (forget which one) that has face recognition at the turnstile, so your face has to match with the account that bought the ticket. It was brought in to combat hooliganism, and I think they only use it for ‘high-risk’ games, but that kind of thing is the future.

*god knows how big the East Stand queues would be then like…

3 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Have the Trust raised this issue?

Yes, I think the line about “a lot of these tickets not being genuine” was an answer in response to a question from the Trust.

Obviously, that’s not to say they shouldn’t keep raising it if they believe there’s a continuing problem.

Edited by SteV

10 minutes ago, SteV said:

Agreed, more advanced tech is surely the answer.

There’s one of the new stadiums in Turkey (forget which one) that has face recognition at the turnstile, so your face has to match with the account that bought the ticket. It was brought in to combat hooliganism, and I think they only use it for ‘high-risk’ games, but that kind of thing is the future.

*god knows how big the East Stand queues would be then like…

I get where you're coming from, but ID checks and face scanning to go to a football match? Howay. 1984-tastic.

I understand the way the world is moving with technology but e-tickets have got to be one of the most pointless changes in football. AFAIC, all they have brought in is all negative; incredibly easy to tout and ridiculous queues at the ground. And that's not just for us either.

Would have thought more could be done upon entry to validate membership and ticket being used together, align membership with the ticket on the app on the phone so they are being "scanned" together. 

Edited by JEToon

6 minutes ago, SteV said:

Yes, I think the line about “a lot of these tickets not being genuine” was an answer in response to a question from the Trust.

Obviously, that’s not to say they shouldn’t keep raising it if they believe there’s a continuing problem.

It's a weird one because every match is full, so either there aren't that many tickets for sale or the touts take them down and do something else if they don't sell for the exorbitant price. 

I've never looked, say, on Live Football Tickets a few hours before the match kicks off. Are they all sold by then?

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It's a weird one because every match is full, so either there aren't that many tickets for sale or the touts take them down and do something else if they don't sell for the exorbitant price. 

I've never looked, say, on Live Football Tickets a few hours before the match kicks off. Are they all sold by then?

I've had an empty seat next to me twice in the last 5 or 6 games. Maybe those were such examples.

51 minutes ago, LFEE said:

It's still easy. Just stop selling memberships once the season has started.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

I get where you're coming from, but ID checks and face scanning to go to a football match? Howay. 1984-tastic.

I understand the way the world is moving with technology but e-tickets have got to be one of the most pointless changes in football. AFAIC, all they have brought in is all negative; incredibly easy to tout and ridiculous queues at the ground. And that's not just for us either.

It depends what you want really.

The stricter the conditions to get in, the harder it becomes to tout. 

The lesser the conditions the easier to tout.

I’m not saying you need to go full blown either way, but there has to be a realisation that we can’t have it both ways.

Undoubtedly, it should be something that’s under constant review by the club though. 

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

I’m not saying you need to go full blown either way, but there has to be a realisation that we can’t have it both ways.

Undoubtedly, it should be something that’s under constant review by the club though. 

Paper tickets and a restriction on when memberships are sold, say June-July are when they are on sale, no limit to them but once the window is shut it's shut, would reduce it massively imo. Touting was never the issue it was now post-takeover and pre–e-ticket/ballot/changes. 

1 hour ago, SteV said:

a ticket link that can be emailed to anyone in the world and then downloaded onto a phone is a tout's wet dream

there should be a mechanism in place to transfer tickets between people, but the same way ST's are forwarded

you have to be a registered supporter (not a member) to receive the transferred ticket and then there's an evidence trail to see who bought the ticket originally and who they transferred it to

wouldn't stop touts, but it'd be easier to identify them

Edited by bobbydazzla