Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

20 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

He shares the seats with his staff at work as a bit of an incentive thing - doesn't want the hassle of the online stuff and wants to give them to whomever he likes without worrying about being watched by the club.

Ah right, well he shouldn't be doing that :lol:

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Thing is because of work I can’t make every game so I’ll get limited use out of the membership as it is and with every failed ballot it becomes more pointless. It is annoying that people have 2/2 and others have 0/2. I’ll try Brentford as it’s a Sunday game but if that ends up 0 from 3 while others get 3/3 then the system is a load of bollocks. It’s meant to be fairer how is that at all fair?

I suppose the randomness is what should make it fair.

You could argue that there could maybe be a weighting aspect where if you’ve been unsuccessful previously you somehow get more chance next time. Although at the minute, that’s miles too complicated for what’s in place. That’s before you get into the fact that people would probably rather be successful in certain games etc.

As the season goes on the discrepancy between those who keep getting picked and those that don’t, should narrow you would hope.

23 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

He shares the seats with his staff at work as a bit of an incentive thing - doesn't want the hassle of the online stuff and wants to give them to whomever he likes without worrying about being watched by the club.

And this is exactly what should be stopped

Sorry like, but that's abusing the system.

There are the corporate areas that should be used for that ?

17 minutes ago, gdm said:

Thing is because of work I can’t make every game so I’ll get limited use out of the membership as it is and with every failed ballot it becomes more pointless. It is annoying that people have 2/2 and others have 0/2. I’ll try Brentford as it’s a Sunday game but if that ends up 0 from 3 while others get 3/3 then the system is a load of bollocks. It’s meant to be fairer how is that at all fair?

Contact Suporter Services team and let them know.  

This new process is utter dogshit for so many reasons and the more people who contact the club hierarchy to explain why they don’t like it, the better.

It’s because of people complaining about the old system that we have this crusty spunk rag of a new system in place. So they clearly listen to complaints, just the attempted solution is minging. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 hour ago, TheDimpleboy said:

Aye he's already got a membership.

So effectively the only way he can sit anywhere near me is if he's ludicrously lucky in the phase 2 queue...

I'll be emailing the club about this like, utter shite.

That’s correct. By all means do so but very much doubt they can help you without changing the whole system ?

20 minutes ago, SteV said:

I suppose the randomness is what should make it fair.

You could argue that there could maybe be a weighting aspect where if you’ve been unsuccessful previously you somehow get more chance next time. Although at the minute, that’s miles too complicated for what’s in place. That’s before you get into the fact that people would probably rather be successful in certain games etc.

As the season goes on the discrepancy between those who keep getting picked and those that don’t, should narrow you would hope.

The box office seemed to suggest this was the case (and would be wise as you can’t have some people getting no value for their £37 compared to others) but how they would do that I’m guessing with an algorithm. Not that being told anything by the box office face to face feels like anything official ?

Definitely something that will become clearer as the season progresses.

49 minutes ago, gdm said:

I get this is the price of ‘success’ but actually pretty fed up with this. What a waste of money buying a membership was

I’m guessing you are frustrated by missing out again? Probably not what you want to hear right now but you need to be realistic regards your success rate. Missing out on I’m guessing first two games is hardly grounds for claiming your membership was a waste of money. Hopefully you’ll get to around 4 out of 19.

11 minutes ago, LFEE said:

The box office seemed to suggest this was the case (and would be wise as you can’t have some people getting no value for their £37 compared to others) but how they would do that I’m guessing with an algorithm. Not that being told anything by the box office face to face feels like anything official ?

Definitely something that will become clearer as the season progresses.

No way they could adopt something as modern as an algorithm on our shite IT system 

It’s more likely that they’d use Gypsy Rose Lee in her caravan on the Bigg Market to predict who’s already been successful in the ballot or not 

That’s about the level of complexity our website can handle 

Edited by bobbydazzla

12 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I’m guessing you are frustrated by missing out again? Probably not what you want to hear right now but you need to be realistic regards your success rate. Missing out on I’m guessing first two games is hardly grounds for claiming your membership was a waste of money. Hopefully you’ll get to around 4 out of 19.

As I’ve said my availability for matches isn’t large. I’m probably only available for about half the home games and that’s 2 gone already. I know that’s not the fault of the club but under the old system I’d be confident of getting to 2 or 3. Signs not looking good 

21 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Have they said how many memberships are out there? Or maybe better how many are entering the ballot each home game?

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

4 out of 19 would be really shit like. 

aye. an extra tenner per game on top of the already inflated price of a match day ticket price.

makes a bit of a mockery of the constant 'being a member brings many benefits' bollocks you have to listen to over and over again while you're on hold for over an hour should you have the misfortune to need to contact the box office.

14 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Have they said how many memberships are out there? Or maybe better how many are entering the ballot each home game?

Club haven’t officially said anything other than Silverstone on the TF podcast which iirc was 57k sales day one. Then a fairly notorious NUFC Twitter account claimed they knew someone in the box office and as of that time (week or two ago) the figure was 150+K iirc.

So basing 52k minus approx 35k STs and corporate (so to keep maths easier 33k ST 2K corporate though probably more) and 3K away fans on average (Full allocation usually 3.2K).

Then you have a possible 150k chasing 14k tickets. Even if the figure is bollocks then it’s at least 60k members.

However the more people I talk to who I wouldn’t associate massively with going to the games have all bought memberships. So if I alone know of about 20 people like that then maybe 150k isn’t that outlandish a figure.

Edited by LFEE

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

4 out of 19 would be really shit like. 

In my defence I’m basing that on a lot of non confirmed figures but feel they are fairly conservative ones. Also not everyone will attempt every game. 

How many were you anticipating? 

It should get easier at some point. Many international members won't be entering every ballot once they get a ticket to some match. I would love to but it's not exactly cheap to fly there +hotels whenever I get a ticket. Most likely enter the ballot every time until I get a ticket in the first half of the season and then possibly take a break and try again on the second half of the season.

1 minute ago, Pata said:

It should get easier at some point. Many international members won't be entering every ballot once they get a ticket to some match. I would love to but it's not exactly cheap to fly there +hotels whenever I get a ticket. Most likely enter the ballot every time until I get a ticket in the first half of the season and then possibly take a break and try again on the second half of the season.

Well… according to my cousin (living in USA) he made enquiries about the international membership and according to him you only get notified of your success 1 week before the KO. As you’d imagine that wouldn’t be much use to anyone planning a trip hoping to get sensibly priced flights etc. So the whole summer spent courting USA market to him seems like a bit of waste of everyone’s time as it stands.

27 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Club haven’t officially said anything other than Silverstone on the TF podcast which iirc was 57k sales day one. Then a fairly notorious NUFC Twitter account claimed they knew someone in the box office and as of that time (week or two ago) the figure was 150+K iirc.

So basing 52k minus approx 35k STs and corporate (so to keep maths easier 33k ST 2K corporate though probably more) and 3K away fans on average (Full allocation usually 3.2K).

Then you have a possible 150k chasing 14k tickets. Even if the figure is bollocks then it’s at least 60k members.

However the more people I talk to who I wouldn’t associate massively with going to the games have all bought memberships. So if I alone know of about 20 people like that then maybe 150k isn’t that outlandish a figure.

Howay man, we’re not taking anything that Burnsie says seriously. 

We haven’t sold 150k.

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Well… according to my cousin (living in USA) he made enquiries about the international membership and according to him you only get notified of your success 1 week before the KO. As you’d imagine that wouldn’t be much use to anyone planning a trip hoping to get sensibly priced flights etc. So the whole summer spent courting USA market to him seems like a bit of waste of everyone’s time as it stands.

I know but luckily that's not a problem for me. I'll be paying the €250-350 in any case for the flights. Terrible for anyone who has to fly from other continent though.

15 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'm pretty sure for international members they could put aside say 30-50 tickets a game for that audience months in advance? Those not sold just go into the standard ballot. 

They seem to be selling those via the Barracks and other packages. It means 180-300 a ticket but you could well save on a much cheaper air fare.

23 minutes ago, SteV said:

Howay man, we’re not taking anything that Burnsie says seriously. 

We haven’t sold 150k.

Well I did say as much that the higher figure was unconfirmed but regardless if we are at 60k which I think is a conservative estimate if we’d nearly sold that amount day/week one and they are still open to buy and I know plenty still buying them.

60k into 14k (at most!) gives you 4 1/2 games. I’m basing my guesstimates on not everyone applying but the membership north of 60k and availability south of 14k.

Whats your expectations?

@AyeDubbleYoostill wondering what yours are?

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Well I did say as much that the higher figure was unconfirmed but regardless if we are at 60k which I think is a conservative estimate if we’d nearly sold that amount day/week one and they are still open to buy and I know plenty still buying them.

60k into 14k (at most!) gives you 4 1/2 games. I’m basing my guesstimates on not everyone applying but the membership north of 60k and availability south of 14k.

Whats your expectations?

@AyeDubbleYoostill wondering what yours are?

I would guess that 57k Silverstone said would be about 90% of total sales.

That’s more than I was expecting like.

I do think as well the ‘novelty’, if you want to call it that, of applying in the ballots might wear off for a few and there won’t quite be the demand that there’s been so far (that said I suppose how we perform could effect that as much as anything).

I’m sceptical on whether they’ve got something in place to artificially even it out over the course the season as well. But like you said earlier, time will tell as the season goes on.

I think you have to factor in season ticket holders who’ve also got a membership so they can potentially get one for their bairns/partner/parents etc too. I know of two ST holders who’ve done this and bought 3 memberships each alongside their ST. 

1 minute ago, mattypnufc said:

I think you have to factor in season ticket holders who’ve also got a membership so they can potentially get one for their bairns/partner/parents etc too. I know of two ST holders who’ve done this and bought 3 memberships each alongside their ST. 

Factor them in as in, they won’t be applying very often?