Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

28 minutes ago, SteV said:

You’re right of course, but it just doesn’t help the general perception of things when there’s so much noise around ticketing at the minute.

They've also created an environment where people (inc me) lose their shit every time they announce anything. Due to their incompetent communication so far. 

14 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

It’s spot on and the club need to be put under pressure now from all angles. Absolutely unacceptable and would hope the NUST, NUSC and FSA can get an audience with someone from the club urgently.

My only fear is they’ll go even more draconian and put the blame squarely on fans for buying tickets for the loyalty point. 

The top and bottom is they’ve tried to crack a nut with a hammer due to imbeciles on Twitter and other areas of the support who’ve never been to an away game in their life now crying foul.

There is also possibly an issue here where corporates are getting tickets and just not using them, or the club are to late/lazy to put them on sale.

Whatever the issues they need addressing as empty seats is unacceptable when other supporters would happily snap them up.

They have to make it so you only get a point if you actually attend. How they'd do that I have no idea. They also have to address the corporate situation as it seems strange these empty seats were in blocks. If people were just wanting the point and then not turning up, they wouldn't be in blocks. So that's down to corporate.

The website is an absolute shambles like. Truly, truly awful. 

Not only is the FAQ for linking memberships hard to find, it's completely wrong. Having a book. and standard login. platform is terrible from a UX perspective. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

I don't really understand where the majority of those tickets come from, people who still control multiple season tickets? 

Seems unlikely that there are enough normal season ticket holders who spontaneously decide to tout their tickets for any given match. 

The club has made improvements to its ticketing system this summer to not only enhance the matchday experience at St. James' Park but to ensure loyal supporters who have eligibility to buy tickets - as recognised by the club's long-standing loyalty points system - have their priority access protected.

What is that bit in bold referring to ? 

Edited by bobbydazzla

No idea ha.

Also where is this?

"For season ticket holders who are unable to attend a home match, they can now use the club's official reselling platform to sell tickets directly to eligible members at face value."  I know you can have a named user, but reselling platform?

Guess they mean checking randomly every day hoping one appears. 

Edited by Slim

Just now, Slim said:

No idea ha.

Also where is this?

"For season ticket holders who are unable to attend a home match, they can now use the club's official reselling platform to sell tickets directly to eligible members at face value."  I know you can have a named user, but reselling platform???

You can sell your ST seat back to the club for any game for 1/19th of your ST cost.

(and they then put back on sale at over double that, but anyway…).

Yeah the view from my mate who was down there was that it was genuinely the worst away end he's ever been in. An entire row of families just sat down on their phones during the match next to him.

Was virtually silent between the 10th and 75th minute at which point everyone decided to start singing the Barcelona song till the end.

Brighton fans thought we were poor noise wise too looking at their board. 

The thing is, logically I can't with a straight face argue against the fact that allowing the points to drop lower is fairer. It is.

But the reality is it is to the severe detriment of our away support. Which is a shame, because it's been the one constant thing to brag about for decades.

Allowing ST holders to transfer away tickets 3 times a season to named ST holders/members would go a significant way to addressing that. (Totally agree no point should be added in this case).

Edited by TheDimpleboy

37 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

https://x.com/danmeyer2002/status/1698760118211334655?s=46&t=vdsN_AHh11-g3YCkSAx-2g

Holy fucking shit :lol:

I have never, repeat never, seen that at an NUFC home game…let alone an away game. This is bonkers.

I’m sorry like. The Club can absolutely get to fuck on ticketing.

So am I missing something - how did those day trippers get tickets?

11 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

So am I missing something - how did those day trippers get tickets?

Could have been ST holders that got them in a ballot.

Could have get them via corporate.

Could have bought them off someone.

Could have bought them off a resale site.

Could be ST holders with points.

Edited by SteV

Just now, TheDimpleboy said:

Either international ballot, corporate or players/staff allocation I'd imagine

There’s no international ballot for away matches as far as I’m aware?

Tbh it’s fairly unclear if there’s one for home matches (although there presumably is).

The way they've flatly stated that they've made improvements to the ticketing system in the midst of everyone complaining about it is galling like.

It's clearly not fit for purpose as it currently stands and my gut feeling is that we're all customers now, who'll get the PR shpeil about how great and valued we are, but when push comes to shove even our most diehard supporters are less valuable customers than random tourists willing to pay more.

I'd like to think the Trust would have a say, but the last time I checked they were on board with the changes as they are.

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 hours ago, TheGuv said:

https://x.com/danmeyer2002/status/1698760118211334655?s=46&t=vdsN_AHh11-g3YCkSAx-2g

Holy fucking shit :lol:

I have never, repeat never, seen that at an NUFC home game…let alone an away game. This is bonkers.

I’m sorry like. The Club can absolutely get to fuck on ticketing.

Cant see the problem me?

As long as I can't pass my ticket on to my nephew or a friend (obviously for a huge massive hefty profit)then all is well?

Edited by jack j

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Could have been ST holders that got them in a ballot.

Could have get them via corporate.

Could have bought them off someone.

Could have bought them off a resale site.

Could be ST holders with points.

But all of those options were available last season (arguably more so with ticket resale having less restrictions) - so I’m struggling to see the issue?