Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Just now, RS said:

Froggy reckons Cantona slipped on the over watered pitch and that caused slight contact with that palace fan. Never intentional :)

:lol: I'm not defending anything. It's just the modern world. You'd think he's went and beat the wee lad to a pulp. Someone has goaded him and stuck a phone in his face and he's slapped it away. 

Wee lad will get a new phone and some cash. Ronaldo says sorry. We move on.

Just now, Nobody said:

I for one has never smashed someone else's phone, so it's not quite true that we all do it. 

Yeah, it's similar to the initial reactions to the Will Smith thing (which quickly swung the other way)- a weird normalisation of violence.

Just now, Nobody said:

I for one has never smashed someone else's phone, so it's not quite true that we all do it. 

We would, not we all.

You also haven't been in the situation where you've had an awful day at work and someone has goaded you and stuck a phone in your face to record your reaction, have you?

Just now, Froggy said:

We would, not we all.

You also haven't been in the situation where you've had an awful day at work and someone has goaded you and stuck a phone in your face to record your reaction, have you?

This isn't what happened?  Why are you defending a man who smashed a child's phone in a fit of rage? 

Just now, Hovagod said:

Yeah, it's similar to the initial reactions to the Will Smith thing (which quickly swung the other way)- a weird normalisation of violence.

Entirely different. A comedian making a relatively harmless joke gets a full force slap to the face while he's working isn't the same as someone getting a slap on the wrist.

Just now, David Edgar said:

This isn't what happened?  Why are you defending a man who smashed a child's phone in a fit of rage? 

It's a culture thing at Man United where you believe you can treat people however you like because of your "status". Numerous examples. 

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

Exactly what happened. Not defending him, just said there has been an overreaction. Very simple.

Just now, Froggy said:

Exactly what happened. Not defending him, just said there has been an overreaction. Very simple.

There is a second video and the lad was just stood there holding his phone?  Then the man child walked past and smashed it to the floor? 

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We would, not we all.

I'm pretty sure I have actually. 

2 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

There is a second video and the lad was just stood there holding his phone?  Then the man child walked past and smashed it to the floor? 

The second video is even worse. The boy is hanging right over the barrier at Ronaldo. :lol: I hadn't seen that one before until now. 

Hope he enjoys coming to watch us at Old Trafford. 

The lad was stood there with his phone pointing down at the time the fucking weirdo smashes it to the floor.  

Like, this poor kid was just filming players from both teams leaving the field.  Probably really happy to have the opportunity after his team got a massive 3 points, albeit predictably against a shite opposition, then a fully grown man strops past and smashes his phone.  Unbelievable. 

Even more unbelievably, this is being defended?  Fuck me.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

The second video is even worse. The boy is hanging right over the barrier at Ronaldo. :lol: 

You what? [emoji38]  You're making out like man baby's life was endangered by a small child filming footballers leave the pitch?  

Outrageous this.

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

Even more unbelievably, this is being defended?  Fuck me.

The phone is not down. :lol: He has leaned right over to film Ronaldo's shins which were cut to bits. 

Again, fuck me, for the third time, not being defended. Nowhere has this been defended, but an absolute meal is being made of it by the media.

You what? [emoji38]  You're making out like man baby's life was endangered by a small child filming footballers leave the pitch?  

Outrageous this.

You're arguing with someone who came on here a few weeks back thinking those Saudi executions were fair game for trolling. 

Just [emoji38]

Literally defends Ronaldo smashing a child's phone and then says "I'm not defending him."

It isn't being overblown.  It is being reported for exactly what it is.  An unhinged weirdo assaulting a child.  It is mad.

Edited by David Edgar

2 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

You're arguing with someone who came on here a few weeks back thinking those Saudi executions were fair game for trolling. 

I stated a fact, in a thread specifically set up to state such facts. I just put a thumbs up after the post which was a mistake, and which was apologised for.

Next.

Edited by Froggy

Honestly, even if that kid was stood on Ronaldo's angry toes, you still wouldn't abide the phone being smashed [emoji38]

Unhinged Man Utd player furious at the thought of the conference league smashes small child's phone.  That's literally what happened.

4 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

I think we just need to move on

Yes. My whole point. Hopefully the little guy, who was laughing with his mates in the video right after, recovers from the traumatic experience of being slapped on the hand by the world's most famous footballer.

Honestly, even if that kid was stood on Ronaldo's angry toes, you still wouldn't abide the phone being smashed [emoji38]

Unhinged Man Utd player furious at the thought of the conference league smashes small child's phone.  That's literally what happened.

I agree with all of this. :lol: Again, not defending it.

But as you said, we move on. Wee lad will be laughing with his S22 Ultra tomorrow.

I stated a fact, in a thread specifically set up to state such facts. I just put a thumbs up after the post which was a mistake, and which was apologised for.

Next.

Again dumbing down what happened to make it appear acceptable. You doubled down and told someone they had to "do better" when they pulled you for using it to troll. I look forward to your inevitable defence of Greenwood when more of that story becomes clear. 

Yes. My whole point. Hopefully the little guy, who was laughing with his mates in the video right after, recovers from the traumatic experience of being slapped on the hand by the world's most famous footballer.

Stop trying to deflect from a grown man smashing a child's phone [emoji38]