Open Wide For Some Soccer! - Poch to the Yanks.

Mike

Would be way cooler if it wasn't with some MLS scrub. Her and Bradley should be a thing.

I know right. Isn't this guy the same one she's been with since college or something?

Were both at Seattle together.

Also at USC.

Two articles out today on Timmy Chandler:

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/usnationalteam/id/1185?cc=5901

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/thescoutsnotebook/id/914?cc=5901

Apparently he wants back in to the national team picture ("big surprise" with the WC around the corner). If I'm Klinsmann, I'd be more than a little worried looking at our current pool of RBs (Evans, Cameron, Lichaj) and comparing it to the LWs we'll be facing in the group stage (Ronaldo, Ayew, Reus/Podolski)...

Chandler's easily the most natural RB in the pool (and the only natural RB save Lichaj). Talented defender who plays in a top league against some of the world's best on a weekly basis. If he shows-up fully committed, I'd have him back. He can fuck off after the WC if he wants. Yedlin is the heir apparent at RB anyway and he should start getting time with the senior team in the next WCQ cycle.

A back 4 of Chandler-Cameron-Besler-F. Johnson/Beasley is probably the strongest we could put forward, at full health and peak performance.

Two articles out today on Timmy Chandler:

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/usnationalteam/id/1185?cc=5901

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/thescoutsnotebook/id/914?cc=5901

Apparently he wants back in to the national team picture ("big surprise" with the WC around the corner). If I'm Klinsmann, I'd be more than a little worried looking at our current pool of RBs (Evans, Cameron, Lichaj) and comparing it to the LWs we'll be facing in the group stage (Ronaldo, Ayew, Reus/Podolski)...

Chandler's easily the most natural RB in the pool (and the only natural RB save Lichaj). Talented defender who plays in a top league against some of the world's best on a weekly basis. If he shows-up fully committed, I'd have him back. He can fuck off after the WC if he wants. Yedlin is the heir apparent at RB anyway and he should start getting time with the senior team in the next WCQ cycle.

A back 4 of Chandler-Cameron-Besler-F. Johnson/Beasley is probably the strongest we could put forward, at full health and peak performance.

I think Cherundolo just came back for Hannover. Wouldn't count him out. Amazing thought. But I wouldn't be shocked.

Pre World Cup Extension doesn't please me. Even if he does have the hardest group. However, no arguing we've really moved up many many pegs since he's taken over and changed the philosophy of our game. Wanted his extension, would have preferred it after the cup. But not complaining overall. I love the man.

Pre World Cup Extension doesn't please me. Even if he does have the hardest group. However, no arguing we've really moved up many many pegs since he's taken over and changed the philosophy of our game. Wanted his extension, would have preferred it after the cup. But not complaining overall. I love the man.

:thup: Agree with this.

But would he get an extension if the US finishes last the group (a very real, even likely possibility)? Much more difficult to do then.

Agree that we're much improved since he's taken over. No complaints whatsoever.

His job should only be in question if we finish dead last if our performances are pathetic. But if we show great spirit  and battle and lose, and the players show commitment - then No. It'll all be more obvious after the fact - but I'm not sure there is anyone who could get heads turning and people listening like Jurgen.

I think he has a very good vision of where he wants us to go, especially when it comes to committing dual nationals and other young players. Just think his true affect won't be felt until after 8 years.

My personal opinion is he be given more control of the entire setup (is he?) to work on these global changes long-term. I'd not be oppposed to him moving upstairs after his run of manager is over, no matter how it ends - I think he's absolutely essential to move our nation forward in the sport.

I think he has a very good vision of where he wants us to go, especially when it comes to committing dual nationals and other young players. Just think his true affect won't be felt until after 8 years.

This. Even if we finish last in the group, which is quite possible, I'm comfortable with JK running the show for the foreseeable future.

• 2 weeks later...