Open Wide For Some Soccer! - Poch to the Yanks.

Mike

Come on, I think you did alright. Let's just not get carried away with the contender talk.

Plus, we all know that Putin will make sure you lot are stuck in Siberia for the group stages in 2018.

Why? People wank over the waffles and we had a beat up squad and our number one striker out - so yes we can be something in 4 years bc the majority of our squad are the most exciting big man.

Come on, I think you did alright. Let's just not get carried away with the contender talk.

Plus, we all know that Putin will make sure you lot are stuck in Siberia for the group stages in 2018.

Why? People wank over the waffles and we had a beat up squad and our number one striker out - so yes we can be something in 4 years bc the majority of our squad are the most exciting big man.

:thup:

US has some of the most exciting youngsters coming through currently, IMO.

Belgium is one of the poorer European teams in the competition and you still had to defend for your lives for the majority of the game.

The gap between Europe/South America and the rest of the world is humongous. In my mind there's never been a "contender" from outside of those two regions, at least not in any World Cup I'm old enough to remember.

Belgium is one of the poorer European teams in the competition and you still had to defend for your lives for the majority of the game.

The gap between Europe/South America and the rest of the world is humongous. In my mind there's never been a "contender" from outside of those two regions, at least not in any World Cup I'm old enough to remember.

South Korea made the semis in 2002. :troll:

We most certainly were not contenders though :yao: That's not even the best team we ever had.

And that(4th) is still the highest an Asian/African/North American team has ever finished.

We most certainly were not contenders though :yao: That's not even the best team we ever had.

And that(4th) is still the highest an Asian/African/North American team has ever finished.

US finished third once.

US finished third once.

Did not know that :lol:

US finished third once.

Did not know that :lol:

http://media3.giphy.com/media/5bo8XMq0GROw0/giphy.gif

I can't wait for the future of this footballing nation - one that has always been an afterthought, b/c we when push came to shove we fought every fucking minute - the American way, never letting any single person get over us, and if they did? we fought till the end. What we lacked in talent we made up in fight, and nobody can ever doubt that.

Roll it on, son; we'll be a force son, one day.

I can't wait for the future of this footballing nation - one that has always been an afterthought, b/c we when push came to shove we fought every fucking minute - the American way, never letting any single person get over us, and if they did? we fought till the end. What we lacked in talent we made up in fight, and nobody can ever doubt that.

Roll it on, son; we'll be a force son, one day.

:lol: They don't want us, man. That's what 1 minute was about.

It's all stupid comments Mike - I spent an eternity praising the English and any team here due to respect of posters and their nations but I'll always remember when the jealousy peaks a bit higher - happy my nation of grafting talentless players put a up a helluva fight tonight and earlier that other's would have crumbled to 90 minutes.

We've got to keep working on making soccer a viable choice for talented kids when they're at the pivotal point of deciding where to concentrate their talents. Keeping MLS in good shape is pretty critical in that. I think we'll keep moving in the right direction. We've got a super-deep pool of talent to draw from.

:lol: I don't think anybody actually hates the US here. Although I admit I haven't been looking as hard.

oldtype, you live here. you know the country that affords you the opportunity that will make your life pretty fucking brilliant from now till you die? show some respect :thup:

We've got to keep working on making soccer a viable choice for talented kids when they're at the pivotal point of deciding where to concentrate their talents. Keeping MLS in good shape is pretty critical in that. I think we'll keep moving in the right direction. We've got a super-deep pool of talent to draw from.

As a Skins fan, join me in my quest to get the NFL abolished. Then we'll take over.

:lol: I don't think anybody actually hates the US here. Although I admit I haven't been looking as hard.

oldtype, you live here. you know the country that affords you the opportunity that will make your life pretty fucking brilliant from now till you die? show some respect :thup:

I'm going to quote this when I have to leave because they won't reissue my work visa in seven years time. :lol: