Open Wide For Some Soccer! - Poch to the Yanks.

Mike

Seb Lletget, West Ham reservist, played in their match today against Colchester. Here's a blurb:

I have been watching Seb Lletget play since he joined the Club and I can honestly say this is the sharpest I've ever seen him look. He is quick and elusive on the ball and snapping away at his opponents when not in possession. Very good.

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20130716/colchester-1-2-west-ham-united-ft_2236884_3239720

Pretty highly regarded U.S. youth player. Glad to see he's doing well.

USA lineup v. Costa Rica: Johnson; Parkhurst, Orozco, Goodson, Beasley; Holden, Diskerud; Bedoya, Donovan, Torres; Wondolowski.

Onyewu looked better against Cuba than Goodson did against Belize, imo.

Can't believe I'm the only one watching this. What a crazy goal that was!

Great save before that to set it up. I was sure Shea was going to miss, he looked really nervous on the break.

For some reason, I was completely confident he'd bury it! Goalkeeper shouldn't have been on the pitch anyway.

Great save before that to set it up. I was sure Shea was going to miss, he looked really nervous on the break.

For some reason, I was completely confident he'd bury it! Goalkeeper shouldn't have been on the pitch anyway.

What I don't get is why he even put his hands on it.. It looked to me like it would have just hit him in the chest and never made it to the goal. Maybe he thought he was still in the box?

What I don't get is why he even put his hands on it.. It looked to me like it would have just hit him in the chest and never made it to the goal. Maybe he thought he was still in the box?

Surely not, given that he'd just come miles out of the box and headed the ball in pretty much the same spot. It was presumably a bit of a reflex, but honestly, what on Earth was the ref thinking?

Kinda reminded me of Mike Williamson dribbling for a second as it looked goofy and slow motion.

He was doing the shitty run. Looked 60 years old there.

Mike Willo-run. That was what Williamson looks like when he traps the ball and passes it under pressure. 100%.

Gonzalez, Besler, Eddie Johnson, and Alan Gordon added to the Gold Cup roster.

Onyewu, Gomez, McInerney, and Ashe sent home.

Probably not good news for Gomez. Seems that Wondolowski has passed him on the depth chart. Not surprised Onyewu was let go, there had been talk of him needing to find a club team before the start of the season. Think he's still in the picture for the WC. Still prefer him to Goodson personally.