Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

Strachan looks like a delightful little old Scottish man.

Much better performance after the subs came on. Finally some pressure and movement. Disappointing not to score though. ArJo, Mix, and Lichaj need to start against Austria.

Yeah I'm disappointed we could only draw the likes of Scotland and Austria. I'd rather us get bloodied by England, Germany, Spain, etc., have a real challenge. Not saying much after only drawing 0-0 against Scotland, but for as bad as we played, Scotland never really threatened either.

We have played Germany, Belgium, and Bosnia in friendlies so far this year. Seems we definitely step-up against better teams and slow down against lesser opponents.

Yeah I'm disappointed we could only draw the likes of Scotland and Austria. I'd rather us get bloodied by England, Germany, Spain, etc., have a real challenge. Not saying much after only drawing 0-0 against Scotland, but for as bad as we played, Scotland never really threatened either.

We have played Germany, Belgium, and Bosnia in friendlies so far this year. Seems we definitely step-up against better teams and slow down against lesser opponents.

Guess you might be wanting to play European teams who are bit more tactically aware that you need to show nous against to break down but in the WC is that going to be an issue? I'm not so sure.

Guess you might be wanting to play European teams who are bit more tactically aware that you need to show nous against to break down but in the WC is that going to be an issue? I'm not so sure.

CONCACAF WCQ is the perfect chance to focus on breaking down teams who rely exclusively on defend-n-counter against us. I wish we'd use the friendlies exclusively against teams who'll beat the crap out of us.

Scotland were surprisingly fluid at times. Much better than when we gave them a 5-1 bumming in Florida last year.

Howard; Cameron, González, Brooks, Beasley; Bradley, Jones; Bedoya, Jóhannsson, Shea; Altidore

Howard                     

Gonzalez              Brooks

Cameron                                            Beasley

Bradley              Jones

Bedoya                                      Shea

Johannsson

Altidore