Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

Having him and Johnson is really nice, if he progresses well we'll have two very good fullbacks for a few years, nice change from the last few cycles. Also with Cameron in there our back four could be pretty serviceable when it comes to the World Cup.

• 1 month later...

He's fast as all hell down the flanks. Actually one of the few brights spots for the U-23 team that failed to qualify for the Olympics. Should be a nice winger on the left side.

Josh Gatt is another with a high ceiling. Currently at Molde under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (not a bad role model for a winger), but he had been linked with some big clubs this past transfer window. Might even be faster than Gyau.

One good thing I have spotted is how more American kids are scouted and brought into European youth setups. We have this kid in ours, Ben Lederman, who actually oozes class (although I'm always cautious about players impressing at such young ages). There was also talk about a couple more yanks joining... so american players are gaining recognition.

Big day when Lederman signed for Barca. Huge for American soccer.

As I said it's still a bit too early, but the boy's touch and composure on the ball is sublime for a kid his age. If he develops properly he'll be a huge asset for the USMNT in 10 years.

I wouldn't mind giving him a call-up at 14 and get him cap-tied :lol: (can you be cap-tied under 18?)

But seriously, I could see U.S. Soccer calling him up way too early and completely screwing up his development (ala Freddy Adu).

Featured today in one of our rags as one of the players to watch from Barça's academy. They said he's playing for the US U14 side despite only being 12.

Some people on BigSoccer hate that kid, apparently there are many kids better in the New York youth leagues. :lol:

:lol: BigSoccer is rivaled only by BleacherReport for the quantity of complete idiots who post there.

As I said, spotting players at this age is very difficult and personally I don't pay attention to youth football until ages 15-16; but having lived in the USA I would love for an American kid to make it here.

As long as he plays for us.

What was that guys name. The Italian bastard. What's his name. Johnny Neverplays.

Some people on BigSoccer hate that kid, apparently there are many kids better in the New York youth leagues. :lol:

:lol: BigSoccer is rivaled only by BleacherReport for the quantity of complete idiots who post there.

To be frank, I love it and lurk in it often. Their collection of Real Madrid/Barça gloryhunters is pretty hysterical :lol:

As I said, spotting players at this age is very difficult and personally I don't pay attention to youth football until ages 15-16; but having lived in the USA I would love for an American kid to make it here.

As long as he plays for us.

What was that guys name. The Italian b******. What's his name. Johnny Neverplays.

He snapped his knee more than a year ago. Still hasn't recovered.

To be frank, I love it and lurk in it often. Their collection of Real Madrid/Barça gloryhunters is pretty hysterical :lol:

Schadenfreude.

• 1 month later...