Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

I wish I knew. I was hoping to see Diskerud tonight, especially since he probably won't be on the roster against Honduras next week.

I mean I thought the whole point of having a game like this is to break in some of the up and coming players in a low pressure situation..

"Don't look anywhere, you could see Benny Feilhaber in the second half..."

We are seeing Gatt though :thup:

Feilhaber shouldn't be anywhere near this team after some of the performances he put in for the Revolution last year.

Excited for Gatt, but as one of our better prospects he should have been playing from the start.

Gus Johnson hired to call the 2018 and 2022 World Cups. He's going to be doing the CL game this week as a tune up, apparently.

Closest person we have to the Spanish "Gol!" guys, imo.

Good stuff, he's always great doing other sports. It will be interesting to see how his 'style' translates to Football but he can't be any worse then so of the people we have now.

Also nice to see that Chandler finally committed to the National team for the qualifiers, good player.

I like Gus, and I think he's been calling MLS games recently so I'm sure he'll be familiar with the sport by then, but this is just another example of how Fox have no clue what they're doing. Down to their shitty little ads for Premier League games, they just don't know what subtlety is at all, which is kind of what soccer is all about.

Just no Michael Strahan, please.

He's got that voice that can really get ya fired-up. Assuming he can pick-up on the finer points (no reason to suggest he can't, he already calls a handful of different sports), should be a good choice for Fox Soccer.

It'll be more interesting to see who they get for color. Hopefully not Twellman or Lalas, or anyone American for that matter.

:lol: Gus would have been incredible when Donovan scored.

:lol: You just watched that voiceover didn't you.

:lol: The Andres Cantor video? I totally didn't watch that ten times.

At all.

In fact, I don't even know what you're talking about.

That Cantor call is legendary :lol: Unreasonable to expect that level of commitment and vocal stamina from a non-Latino.

We're getting Joe Buck for the WC, aren't we.

Shot blocked. Donovan Open. Goal.

Pretty funny that NBC had said after they secured PL rights that they'd not use Americans for commentary etc.

I personally think Gus is good for UFC, American football and basketball.

But whatever. Gus to me is sort of played out. Which is sad bc I thought he was class a few years ago.

That Cantor call is legendary :lol: Unreasonable to expect that level of commitment and vocal stamina from a non-Latino.

We're getting Joe Buck for the WC, aren't we.

Shot blocked. Donovan Open. Goal.

Joe Buck would be pissed b/c he can't say ELI MANNING or RODGERS!

I think the Americans should get the drunk old white man that is always calling the Ravens. Dan Dreddreff or something like that. He rambles on incoherently for the entire course of the game.

:lol: Dierdorf has been in football commentary for over 30 years and he's still not very good at it.

I just can't wait for him to go on the air after eating a 40 oz ribeye steak and half a bottle of scotch slurring his words to Gumble "Dan fucking Dierdorf here, lets get the this fucking show on the road Greg!"