Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

So this is what its like to be on the other side of sketchy ref decisions? I'll take it.

The dead certain pen, the dodgy pen, the maybe handball at the end there.

Feels good.

Based on this season's performance, Guzan is my first-choice U.S. keeper. Even with a healthy Howard.

Nah man, Deuce gonna show his skills, wheel to wheel for real.

I wasn't sure at first if you were just being an asshole and making-up rhymes but nope, those are definitely the lyrics. :lol:

Fuck is this shit? Found it in my photobucket. :lol:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c75/Kaizero/jl-season2-3.jpg

Justice League support Newcastle like a motherfucker. Jonas falling off that building and they all came to watch.

Based on this season's performance, Guzan is my first-choice U.S. keeper. Even with a healthy Howard.

I wasn't sure at first if you were just being an asshole and making-up rhymes but nope, those are definitely the lyrics. :lol:

It's so bad it's good, man. :lol:

It's so bad it's good, man. :lol:

What the fuck does "wheel to wheel" even mean?

My U.S. team going forward:

Altidore

Dempsey

Beasley                                  Zusi

Bradley        Jones

F. Johnson                        Chandler

Besler      Gonzalez

Guzan

I like Cameron more as a CB than a RB, but I like Gonzalez and Besler's rhythm together. They were in-sync 100%. And Chandler is better at getting forward from RB than Cameron. But I think the latter is stronger defensively (thanks for instilling that, Stoke), so I'd probably use him at RB over Chandler when playing away games. Jack of all trades player, Cameron, deserves to make the roster every time. His versatility having played all the backline positions will be of huge benefit to him going forward.

Still not sold on Eddie Johnson at LM. He runs hot and cold. Based on his effort and performance over the past two qualifiers, I'd like to see Beasley given another shot in his natural position. And the x-factor for this position is Shea. Still raw, but potentially the most dynamic player the U.S. could play there. I'd also like to see Chris Pontius given the opportunity to prove himself at the international level. Been arguably the best LW in MLS over the past couple seasons (with respect to Brad Davis, though I believe he's played himself out of the national team picture.)

Zusi has locked-down the RM position as far as I'm concerned. Only an in-form and healthy Donovan could unseat him at this point.

Jermaine Jones just plays so much better as part of a 2-man central midfield than he does under a 3-man midfield. He and Bradley complement each other well.

Guzan is my #1 keeper ahead of Howard. It's time to phase out Howard, as Keller and Friedel were phased-out before him. Guy still has plenty of years of quality GKing left in him, but Guzan is the future. And the future is now.

The above formation is definitely offense-heavy, as Beasley, Fabian Johnson, and Chandler all like to get up the field. I'd probably modify a few things, as Klinsmann did, for away games in tough environments (bring-in Eddie Johnson for Beasley, Cameron for Chandler or Besler, maybe Gomez for Altidore.)