Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

Seen 3 fights in lower stamding section, absolutetly pathetic. Bairns crying as well.

Also no way everyone in that end had 40 odd points. Literally group in front of us at half time saying to someone they not been St James in a couple of years.

Theres too many fans who just want to go to champions league game and too many get tickets.

On another note ticketing was a fucking shambles at their ground

28 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

Heard our fans on TV a few times second half but every time the camera panned to them they were just stood in silence. It might sound daft but I didn't recognise anyone from our support from the shots tonight. Who are some of these people? :lol:

I know what you mean by that. The people in our away end were not animated in the slightest. Clear as day that the away end was full of people who have probably barely been to an away game in their life. Pretty fucking infuriating tbh.

Edited by Wandy

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

We can’t keep using that as an excuse 

There was some fucking zombies in the away end, certainly in the paddock we were in. 

I’ve came across loads of people who could barely walk or talk today, it’s pathetic.

we have some great fans but we also have some of the most cringeworthy fans as well, the train coming back from the ground was pathetic. 

8 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Yeah I thought their support was mundane at best. Even the noise they made had an emptiness to it, totally out of sync with the rhythm of the game.

They can suck my balls with their moralising demonstration over money too. They’ve been challenging in the top two of their domestic league whilst also playing CL football consecutively for years. If their club had been ran like ours has for decades then they’d likely be receptive to oil money too, the patronising cunts.

Thought it was directed at UEFA.

I remember when Rangers played in Seville they had a similar problem with terrible support and they blamed it on too many fans who haven't been in years or just wanting to go to the big day out getting tickets. My question is how is it even possible for these people to get tickets? It is so weird especially when you take into account the raucous away end at Old Trafford a week earlier.

23 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Seen 3 fights in lower stamding section, absolutetly pathetic. Bairns crying as well.

Also no way everyone in that end had 40 odd points. Literally group in front of us at half time saying to someone they not been St James in a couple of years.

Theres too many fans who just want to go to champions league game and too many get tickets.

On another note ticketing was a fucking shambles at their ground

Assuming you were in block 60/61, any idea what the big fight was caused by? That saw a guy, having been frustrated by stewards in his attempts to confront someone, climb over the barrier to start something really quite nasty?

And on ticketing, know of two individuals that have been offered a token gesture of a refund based on not actually being able to get into the terrace. Must have been 50 or so standing awkwardly at the front.

7 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

The support getting absolutely slaughtered on twitter right now from those who were there. Haven't heard a single positive comment about it. The home support getting mixed reviews tbf so maybe not all they're cracked up to be either.

Post some links?

There’s loads of tickets changed hands today around the square. 

The home fans were ok, It got loader when they scored their second….that said, even the ok beats SJP most of the time. 
I really can’t reiterate how utter shite our support has been though, in my opinion from everything I’ve seen it’s because a large contingent are utterly spannered and a good deal of them are just dick heads…..if I never hear the Anthony Gordon song again, it’ll be to soon. 

I really think as many people as possible have to go to this NUST AGM coming up soon, with the club’s fan liaison person there. They need to be under no illusions about how pissed off people are with the ticketing situation.

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

I really think as many people as possible have to go to this NUST AGM coming up soon, with the club’s fan liaison person there. They need to be under no illusions about how pissed off people are with the ticketing situation.

NUST are part of the problem in a lot of peoples eyes though. 

Just now, OCOCOL said:

NUST are part of the problem in a lot of peoples eyes though.  I’ll caveat that with the true faith lot and hangers on seem to be distancing themselves so maybe we will get more representation and a body who stick up for what they promised (ie fans loyalty points who walked away under Ashley - fir that alone they’ve lost all credibility for many “legacy” supporters)

22 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

I remember when Rangers played in Seville they had a similar problem with terrible support and they blamed it on too many fans who haven't been in years or just wanting to go to the big day out getting tickets. My question is how is it even possible for these people to get tickets? It is so weird especially when you take into account the raucous away end at Old Trafford a week earlier.

Pound notes. A lot of people are hard up at the minute. Either they've not got the money to make the trip and they've given it a mate, or they've sold it on for a few hundred quid profit.

Apparently (correct me if I'm wrong) there was no allocated seats on the tickets. I know an unwritten rule of away games is people stand wherever they want to be with mates etc but you had people with tickets for upper able to get into the standing lower section, causing overcrowding, arguments and by the looks of things a fight or two.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Tbh I could have told you the atmosphere would be shite tonight - sane as Wembley in the CC final. 

- a lot of younger away travellers were in square or bars not ground

- lots of corporate / tourist fans 

- aye a few ppl overindulged but thus usually improves atmosphere 

I couldn’t do Dortmund I’m doing psg which is less attractive as a day out and the atmosphere will be better - just like Chelsea away in cup will be better than wolves. We can whinge but a lot if it’s just the popularity of football now, the success of the team and gentrified away  support 

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Apparently (correct me if I'm wrong) but there was no allocated seats on the tickets. I know an unwritten rule of away games is people stand wherever they want to be with mates etc but you had people with tickets for upper able to get into the standing lower section, causing overcrowding, arguments and by the looks of things a fight or two.

There’s allocated paddocks for the standing and a steward doing a very poor check on entry to the paddock, so you could really just go where you wanted to. 
the seated areas where accessed via the concourse that leads to the paddocks so yeah, all mixed. 

I think I’ve just come to the conclusion the support is fucking shit in terms of songs and inability to create any kind of consistent vocal backing.

Not even sure there’s an answer anymore you either accept it, or become an armchair fan, think I’m leaning towards the latter.

Two problems tonight.

In terms of the crowding, a steward told us that they moved every nufc fan with a ticket for the home end into the away terraces

The support to the team was shite. No if, buts or maybes it was wank and completely unacceptable. Far worse than wembley was in my experience of both.