Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

Whatever happens for the remainder of the season this is one night I will never forget. It is proof what the atmosphere can be

Edited by duo

1 hour ago, NUFC91 said:

Think biggest negative for me is the club could of added another safe standing area in Leazes and had the time to do so, like @HaydnNUFC said just highlights these fan interactions are a tick box

When were you expecting them to do this?! [emoji38] The meeting about the atmosphere was only a couple of month ago. Any changes like that would need a safety certificate to allow the club to proceed you’d think then it’s not a job that can just be done in between games. See what happens close season.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

When were you expecting them to do this?! [emoji38] The meeting about the atmosphere was only a couple of month ago. Any changes like that would need a safety certificate to allow the club to proceed you’d think then it’s not a job that can just be done in between games. See what happens close season.

And what about the fans who currently sit there who don't want to stand? Or they offered guaranteed seats to their liking or do they just have to give them up half way through the season for other people to move into

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Sunderlandd announced only last week they are adding safe standing for the new season and their season starts earlier than ours, Liverpool also announced same thing this month that Kop will all be safe standing.

Edited by NUFC91

1 hour ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

And what about the fans who currently sit there who don't want to stand? Or they offered guaranteed seats to their liking or do they just have to give them up half way through the season for other people to move into

If we started the consulation of seat moves in March then there is no reason why this could'nt of be implemented in the summer ahead of new season as other clubs have done the same.

If Man Utd did seat moves for 7k safe standing a few year back and rolled it out successfully then how can't we do a couple of thousand in the Leazes end?

It could easily be done but we have a large amount of fans who put themselves before the club.

4 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Sunderlandd announced only last week they are adding safe standing for the new season and their season starts earlier than ours, Liverpool also announced same thing this month that Kop will all be safe standing.

Yes but both theirs have been in discussion much longer and like you’ve said still to be installed until close season. What are you actually expecting to of happened within the space of a month or two?

26 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Yes but both theirs have been in discussion much longer and like you’ve said still to be installed until close season. What are you actually expecting to of happened within the space of a month or two?

Agreed but our Safe standing was done as a "trial" you'd like to think by even half way through season they can measure if it's a success and next steps.

18 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Agreed but our Safe standing was done as a "trial" you'd like to think by even half way through season they can measure if it's a success and next steps.

Like I said. Judgement should be made after the close season. They may surprise you…

3 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

For what it's worth I have it on good authority there's work going on in the summer. Whether it's this or something else I don't know mind