Yankuba Minteh

1 hour ago, Zero said:

I would definitely reject the 40m bids. People should realize that Minteh is probably just 10-20 games away from being and 100m prospect. That’s how crazy the football world nowadays. 40m is nothing for a top prospect.

He could also be 10-20 games away from being a £10m prospect.  It’s not exactly nailed on and playing well in Holland doesn’t necessarily translate into world-beater. 

31 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

He could also be 10-20 games away from being a £10m prospect.  It’s not exactly nailed on and playing well in Holland doesn’t necessarily translate into world-beater. 

Absolutely, reckon we always had an eye to selling him what we bought him tbh. Can’t be mad about getting 40m for someone who has never kicked a ball for us. 

Alan Hull is from Newcastle also. Not sure if he is a NUFC fan though.

The Squire

Breakfast

Did anyone mention Sam Fender? Newcastle has the best music tradition of the EPL. Don't forget Liverpool has to split the Beatles with Everton and they get Ringo and George.

1 hour ago, rebelrouser said:

Alan Hull is from Newcastle also. Not sure if he is a NUFC fan though.

The Squire

Breakfast

Did anyone mention Sam Fender? Newcastle has the best music tradition of the EPL. Don't forget Liverpool has to split the Beatles with Everton and they get Ringo and George.

I mean Manchester may have something to say about it when it also comes to music tradition.

5 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I mean Manchester may have something to say about it when it also comes to music tradition.

Yeah, was thinking that too.  From the mid-70s on Manchester has far greater sway than anywhere else on British music.  Manchester certainly dwarves Liverpool in that regard, Beatles or not. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah, was thinking that too.  From the mid-70s on Manchester has far greater sway than anywhere else on British music.  Manchester certainly dwarves Liverpool in that regard, Beatles or not. 

Yeah was gonna mention the madchester scene but in the 80s you also had bands like the Smiths, Joy Division, New Order, Stone Roses. Crazy high level bands

Edited by Gawalls

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Yeah was gonna mention the madchester scene but in the 80s you also had bands like the Smiths, Joy Division, New Order, Stone Roses. Crazy high level bands

100%.  They make up a serious chunk of my listening on a regular basis.  Can’t say that applies to any act from Tyneside tbh.  We produced a load of acts that appealed to yuppies - Sting, Bryan Ferry, Mark Knopfler / Dire Straits.  I’d rather enjoy my commute to work in silence than listen to any of them. 

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah like Longstaff and Man U supposed £50m interest.

That aged well...

Just now, Joe1984 said:

Yeah like Longstaff and Man U supposed £50m interest.

That aged well...

:) yep, that’s a great example.

There’s plenty of ones where it does happen - a big club pays a fortune for a ‘young prospect’ player who just doesn’t make it.

We need to get a lot of these in and out of the club in the next few seasons.  It’s one of the best routes to create FFP headroom 

Let coach's assess him in pre season, if they think hes either not gonna make it, can be used as backup RF or even start is the way to go imo, they haven't got much wrong so far so Id trust their judgement. esp as we are pretty desperate in that position.

If selling him for £40m means we can keep Bruno and Isak and spend in the region of £150m this summer then I’m all for it. 

7 hours ago, Zero said:

I would definitely reject the 40m bids. People should realize that Minteh is probably just 10-20 games away from being and 100m prospect. That’s how crazy the football world nowadays. 40m is nothing for a top prospect.

£100m? Howay man.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

£100m? Howay man.

It’s unlikely but not that far fetched. To get Wharton or Mainoo now you’d be talking 75m+.

30 minutes ago, NSG said:

It’s unlikely but not that far fetched. To get Wharton or Mainoo now you’d be talking 75m+.

Aye, but they’ve smashed it in the PL. 

How many youngsters come in from another league and do that? Very, very few. 

At present Minteh, in PL terms, is nothing more than a (very?) good prospect. It’s a monumental leap away from being worth anything like £100m. In fact I’d say as it stands, Lewis Miley is closer to that (and he isn’t remotely close).

10 minutes ago, Menace said:

Cole Palmer went for £45m.. £40M is a good price for him but its still nonsense I reckon

Cole Palmer is English and had played for Man City a fair few times before his move.  

Worth reminding ourselves that if Minteh was worth £100m in half a season, he’d be only the 10th player in the history of football to go for that figure.

It isn’t an everyday sum of money. 

41 minutes ago, SteV said:

Aye, but they’ve smashed it in the PL. 

How many youngsters come in from another league and do that? Very, very few. 

At present Minteh, in PL terms, is nothing more than a (very?) good prospect. It’s a monumental leap away from being worth anything like £100m. In fact I’d say as it stands, Lewis Miley is closer to that (and he isn’t remotely close).

In a free market auction I’d be amazed if any premier league club bid more for Lewie Miley than Minteh.

The transfer market is crazy with lots of ridiculous valuations, but Minteh’s numbers are elite. A number of prospects are being picked from Brazil with much lesser numbers, in a similar level league. £40m feels conservative in some ways. As a big club who may not want to sell to a direct rival, we shouldn’t allow ourselves to be manipulated into selling unless Eddie has decided he isn’t good enough, after putting him through his paces.

2 minutes ago, Pablo said:

In a free market auction I’d be amazed if any premier league club bid more for Lewie Miley than Minteh.

The transfer market is crazy with lots of ridiculous valuations, but Minteh’s numbers are elite. A number of prospects are being picked from Brazil with much lesser numbers, in a similar level league. £40m feels conservative in some ways. As a big club who may not want to sell to a direct rival, we shouldn’t allow ourselves to be manipulated into selling unless Eddie has decided he isn’t good enough, after putting him through his paces.

Miley is absolutely worth more than Minteh at present.  Miley has PL and CL experience, and has an English passport. 

Minteh’s numbers aren’t ‘elite’.  They’re elite … in Holland. 

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Cole Palmer is English and had played for Man City a fair few times before his move.  

I was insinuating £40M is a crazy good price for him if its even true. That Antony transfer has confused a lot of people. Kudus went for similar money and he was far more promising than Minteh was

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Miley is absolutely worth more than Minteh at present.  Miley has PL and CL experience, and has an English passport. 

Minteh’s numbers aren’t ‘elite’.  They’re elite … in Holland. 

We will see what bids come in over the summer, and then come back to discuss it in early September then. 👍

5 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Selling a player we signed for £6m for £40m is in now way being manipulated, there’s so many rose tints on here we’re gonna need Ashworth with his garden leave to prune them.

I also don’t believe for one second there has been a bid for £40m.

6 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Selling a player we signed for £6m for £40m is in now way being manipulated, there’s so many rose tints on here we’re gonna need Ashworth with his garden leave to prune them.

I also don’t believe for one second there has been a bid for £40m.

The media are clearly manipulating the situation. Sky putting out on socials we need to sell before 30th June etc. We don’t appear to  have much influence over main stream media, certain other clubs, Liverpool included, do, and use it to their considerable benefit.

I don’t believe there has been a bid either, and I hope there isn’t one.

Fwiw, and I could be wrong, I don’t believe we fail ffp in 23/24, but I do believe it is tight.

Trust in the club and Eddie, not in “paper talk”.