NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

10 minutes ago, SAK said:

@TheBrownBottle Eales said we had deals lined up to go live in the upcoming months?

He did, so let's see what they are and what they're worth.  I imagine the Man City FMV case might be something that they're waiting on.  But we've already done the biggest commercial deals we're likely to do (kit manufacturers, shirt sponsors).  So unless we're talking stadium sponsorship, any further deals are unlikely to produce huge sums of money.

I believe you may be underestimating the potential for sponsorship opportunities at our club @TheBrownBottle Manchester United, for instance, had an impressive 41 different sponsors for the 2023/24 season, including training kit sponsors, training ground sponsors, airline sponsors, and courier sponsors, to name a few.  There is significant potential for growth, which is why Darren emphasized the importance of qualifying for European competitions.

Edited by tarie4

4 hours ago, thomas said:

how much room did stavely and mehrdad selling up free off the wage bill? Can't imagine part owners were on too much but you never know. Hope to see some incomings soon.

According to Simon cunt Bird you might be right.

‘But she did not have anywhere near the cash to keep up her end of extra investment, shrinking her shareholding, that’s now been sold. She was mired in a bankruptcy case last season, and the club accounts showed substantial loans and consultancy fees being paid to her.’

36 minutes ago, tarie4 said:

I believe you may be underestimating the potential for sponsorship opportunities at our club @TheBrownBottle Manchester United, for instance, had an impressive 41 different sponsors for the 2023/24 season, including training kit sponsors, training ground sponsors, airline sponsors, and courier sponsors, to name a few.  There is significant potential for growth, which is why Darren emphasized the importance of qualifying for European competitions.

No underestimation from me - I've been scratching my head as to why it has taken so long to get so many of the obvious low-hanging sponsorship fruit through the door - training ground and kit in particular.

The problem is that we're not Man Utd - not even close in terms of worldwide recognition or reach - so we won't attract the same size or number of deals, and the biggest deals are already done (kit, kit sponsors) - so what would the actual value be of all those additional sponsors you mention?  5m?  7m?  10m maybe?  It isn't going to be earth-shattering.  And we're not in Europe - which would of course have an impact - so you've raised an issue not a strength.

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

No underestimation from me - I've been scratching my head as to why it has taken so long to get so many of the obvious low-hanging sponsorship fruit through the door - training ground and kit in particular.

The problem is that we're not Man Utd - not even close in terms of worldwide recognition or reach - so we won't attract the same size or number of deals, and the biggest deals are already done (kit, kit sponsors) - so what would the actual value be of all those additional sponsors you mention?  5m?  7m?  10m maybe?  It isn't going to be earth-shattering.  And we're not in Europe - which would of course have an impact - so you've raised an issue not a strength.

Let's see what happens with the City APT case first with regards to this. If city win you're talking about opening the entire gulf region in terms of sponsorship and at increased rates

Just now, et tu brute said:

Let's see what happens with the City APT case first with regards to this. If city win you're talking about opening the entire gulf region in terms of sponsorship and at increased rates

Agreed, it could change elements of the rulebook - but we'll see.  I don't think City winning the APT case is a shoo-in.

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Agreed, it could change elements of the rulebook - but we'll see.  I don't think City winning the APT case is a shoo-in.

Should be as it's totally anti-competitive and a restraint of trade. We will see though.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I can’t predict what will happen next to be honest, especially if Man City lose the case. 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

What ever the verdict, Man City not to be punished but rules changed or firmed up for anyone else going forward. :lol:

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

Should be as it's totally anti-competitive and a restraint of trade. We will see though.

Kieran Maguire, who seems to be the go to guy for all things football finance, said it was likely City would lose the case.

1 minute ago, mondonewc said:

Kieran Maguire, who seems to be the go to guy for all things football finance, said it was likely City would lose the case.

This is a case against British competition law and I'm sorry he won't have a scoobie on what legal arguments are being raised by either side. Same people were saying the same shit during our takeover 

9 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

This is a case against British competition law and I'm sorry he won't have a scoobie on what legal arguments are being raised by either side. Same people were saying the same shit during our takeover 

I thought it was against the Premier leagues rules ?

To go off on a tangent, it's reported Pacqueta will play the full season basically before anything's done which seems insane regards his spot-fixing case for the yellow cards, it started last Summer right? So he can play two full seasons without this being dealt with, what would be the justification for it taking so long? Seems absolutely insane, and hugely incompetent from the powers that be! Whole industry seems a mess from top to bottom, complete shambles! 

Just now, mondonewc said:

To go off on a tangent, it's reported Pacqueta will play the full season basically before anything's done which seems insane regards his spot-fixing case for the yellow cards, it started last Summer right? So he can play two full seasons without this being dealt with, what would be the justification for it taking so long? Seems absolutely insane, and hugely incompetent from the powers that be! Whole industry seems a mess from top to bottom, complete shambles! 

Tbf it might be called "due process" &, whilst it may be whataboutary our civil justice system isn't that quick itself. 

Court cases can take years. 

2 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Tbf it might be called "due process" &, whilst it may be whataboutary our civil justice system isn't that quick itself. 

Court cases can take years. 

Sure, but I assume the average murder case takes less than two years to deal with and I expect that's generally a lot more complicated process than this situation. Messages, emails, betting patterns etc, don't see why it would take two years to get to the truth of the matter. 

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

City have stated the rules are anti-competitive. So it's measuring the Premier League rules against British competition law

Given that many sports have restrictions like this in place I'd be surprised if they arent treated differently to normal businesses.

4 minutes ago, andycap said:

Has paqueta admitted it? 

Tonali and toney did so it was looked at quicker. 

If he's not guilty and has this hanging over him for two years that's also brutal for him, seems it cost him a move to City for starters. Just don't see why it would take two years to deal with this, or the 5+ years or whatever it is to deal with City, it's a very bad look for the image of the league, and given the billions they make would think the process could and should be a lot better. 

For sure I'm not an expert on these matters, just doesn't look good, if Pacqueta has cheated and then freely played for two years it opens up a whole can of worms with different permutations, for example, he scores in a game that caused a team to be relegated, just seems an absolute mess.