NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, gdm said:

All well and good but injuries or no injuries I’ll take a ‘shiny new toy’ over Almiron starting every single time. 

Any toy or do you want a good player? At what cost? Which player? What's there attitude like? Will they fit into the squad dynamic? Will we be PSR compliant come next July? 

Does the player you want, want to join us?

6 minutes ago, Menace said:

Of course you can - there was a 10 page thread on our transfer dealings last summer and the majority vote was that it was a good window. Why should this be any different? There are key gaps in the squad that have not yet been addressed, so until they are I still don't think its as good as a window as people saying "We have injured players back"

If by gap you're referring to RW then there's only a gap if our attack is fundamentally dysfunctional. I don't see any evidence of that based on last season; we scored a million goals. 

We all might engage in the "how did we do" debate but in reality you can't actually judge how effective the window has been until the results are seen on the pitch. It's the only real measurement tool. 

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Luckily I judge my club on performances on the pitch, rather than transfer windows. :thup:

Thankfully since the ownership change and Howe being manager, our performances on the pitch have far surpassed any expectations I had.

Good for you. How do you judge Almiron’s performances?

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Any toy or do you want a good player? At what cost? Which player? What's there attitude like? Will they fit into the squad dynamic? Will we be PSR compliant come next July? 

:lol: what are you on about man ?

1 minute ago, STM said:

The reality is that we may not be able to acquire a new right winger unless Almiron or Murphy moves on. Without European competition, it would not be practical.

I've also severely under estimated how much people dislike Miggy.

I mean, the guy frustrates the hell out of me, but not to the extent where I will be happy with ANYONE to replace him, regardless of cost, fit, price or whether they are actually any good.

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Decent sometimes, frustrating others. Like I say, it's a team game. I was taught that at about 5.

Just now, STM said:

I've also severely under estimated how much people dislike Miggy.

I mean, the guy frustrates the hell out of me, but not to the extent where I will be happy with ANYONE to replace him, regardless of cost, fit, price or whether they are actually any good.

No one said ANYONE that’s an argument you’ve made up in your own head :lol: what are you doing? 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

:lol: what are you on about man ?

You are showing yourself up. Just whinging and bitching on, without really having any understanding of how a football club actually works.

JUST SIGN PLAYERS MAN. :lol:

Just now, STM said:

Decent sometimes, frustrating others. Like I say, it's a team game. I was taught that at about 5.

He’s a right winger that can’t score, can’t cross & can’t assist. so the RW needs strengthening and no amount of players back from injury will strengthen that position. 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Watch his performance against arsenal at home last season 😀 

He may not be the ideal player, but he has shown moments of brilliance and has contributed to the team's success. While he can be frustrating at times, it would be an exaggeration to say that his presence is detrimental to the team's performance. Over the past two seasons, the team has scored more goals with him in the lineup. While an upgrade would be desirable, it is not as dire a situation as some may portray.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

No one said ANYONE that’s an argument you’ve made up in your own head :lol: what are you doing? 

Making you look silly. Use as many smileys as you like. You've yet to give me a name of a Miggy replacement.

Our squad may be much the same as the start of last season, but...

- we dont have the additional pressures of European football this season

- I'm still convinced we will bring in 1 or two players who will improve both first teams and squad before the end of the window

Just now, STM said:

You are showing yourself up. Just whinging and bitching on, without really having any understanding of how a football club actually works.

JUST SIGN PLAYERS MAN. :lol:

Again, what the fuck are you talking about? :lol: I’m fully aware we need to sell players, I’m making the argument just because players aren’t injured it doesn’t necessarily strengthen the position we need strengthened. The club identified 2 positions and that’s the two positions I want filled I don’t think that’s massively unreasonable. 

2 minutes ago, tarie4 said:

He may not be the ideal player, but he has shown moments of brilliance and has contributed to the team's success. While he can be frustrating at times, it would be an exaggeration to say that his presence is detrimental to the team's performance. Over the past two seasons, the team has scored more goals with him in the lineup. While an upgrade would be desirable, it is not as dire a situation as some may portray.

Tend to agree, although I do understand why people would be frustrated to see the same options at RW yet again when it's the clearest position for a really significant upgrade. 

People do underrate what Miggy offers and always have.

TBF I think Murphy will start anyway if we don't make a signing. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 minute ago, STM said:

Making you look silly. Use as many smileys as you like. You've yet to give me a name of a Miggy replacement.

you’ve completely missed the point daftie. 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

He’s a right winger that can’t score, can’t cross & can’t assist. so the RW needs strengthening and no amount of players back from injury will strengthen that position. 

He got 11 goals two season ago. So you are factually wrong. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Douglas saying expect us to be very busy, but only going to make one signing. Expect a few outgoings then.

Yeah you’d hope Guehi comes in, a few go out last minute with a RW coming in last minute. That’s my guess anyway. 

3 minutes ago, simonsays said:

Our squad may be much the same as the start of last season, but...

- we dont have the additional pressures of European football this season

- I'm still convinced we will bring in 1 or two players who will improve both first teams and squad before the end of the window

Precisely. No cry arsing required.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

He's name calling now. Thats a W.

Can someone help him out? He’s massively got the wrong end of the stick.

btw maybe wrong but I’m sure you were one of the ones desperate for minteh to go coz we’ll replace with better - just checked. Not wrong. 

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, tarie4 said:

Fully agree. Almiron would be an excellent no.2 for the RW position. He was instrumental in our 2 best results of last season. Opens the scoring against PSG (THE moment of the season) and seals the game at the SOS with the press and excellent weighted pass to Isak for the second of the game.

Just now, gdm said:

23 goals in 157 games for a forward player 

"Can't score". Your words, not mine.

Not the "doesn't score enough", which is what your brain is telling you that you said. Next. Animated GIF