NUFC Transfer Rumours

Just now, WilliamPS said:

You’ve driven yourself round the bend based on pure speculation.

Where is the speculation? We know, to a certainty, Eddie was very concerned with Mitchell's appointment. We also know Mitchell is among the very best in the world at bringing in talent. Do you honestly think Mitchell's scouting list started and ended with Marc Guehi? Or does that seem like a Howe wish list type of player?

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

TBF we're going into this season with (as it stands right now) the exact same team as last season as no real improvements to the XI have been made whilst the majority of clubs you expect to be around us have all improved. And we've been largely crap away from home for 12 months and were once again yesterday.

People being OTT are exactly that and can be ignored (though I can't see too many posters being as such) but its totally understandable why people feel flat and that its gone stale a bit. Because not going to lie atm, I do.

Not you too, Haydn, man. :( 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

I know and that’s fair, but just feel like it’s really hard for me to understand how that has essentially ruined the opening weeks of football for some (and made this place miserable). 

That is fair and, to be fair, all things considered, this has been a solid start to the season despite the performances on the pitch. Not starting the season in a points hole will be big for us.

If you can believe the latest newspaper reports of what our targets are, Mr Mitchell and Co are hardly earning what I'm sure is a quite colossal wage.

It looks more like a consolidate a top 10 position rather than a top 4 or very least top 6 finish, judging by the players they're interested in bringing in.

The likes of Gomez or Calvert-Lewin hardly fills you with fervour or confidence that these type of players improve our chances of European competition qualification. 

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Not you too, Haydn, man. :( 

There's still time for that to change as the window isn't shut yet. I'm glad the footy's back but I don't feel excited about this season at this current moment in time.

I could write/vent a very long post on how I feel about our prospects this season but I'll just probably be airing shite judgements clouded by transfer inactivity. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

That is fair and, to be fair, all things considered, this has been a solid start to the season despite the performances on the pitch. Not starting the season in a points hole will be big for us.

Just feel that the PSR nonsense coupled with the constant press/twitter/content speculation of the transfer window to be utterly exhausting and zaps all the fun out of the simple act of watching football and talking with family and mates about what you see on the pitch during or after. 

I hope we get these deals done this week and strengthen the 11 and add needed depth, but I am also just happy that I get football back and most importantly, the highs and lows (hopefully more highs) of NUFC. I want to talk about tactics, team selection, “what ifs” and dream a bit. 

Edited by Kanji

3 minutes ago, wallsendlad1952 said:

If you can believe the latest newspaper reports of what our targets are, Mr Mitchell and Co are hardly earning what I'm sure is a quite colossal wage.

It looks more like a consolidate a top 10 position rather than a top 4 or very least top 6 finish, judging by the players they're interested in bringing in.

The likes of Gomez or Calvert-Lewin hardly fills you with fervour or confidence that these type of players improve our chances of European competition qualification. 

Mostly guessers and know nowts! 

I’m at the point where I’m not even slightly expecting any sort of serious update or incoming :lol: :( Even though I think something could happen. Just not excited at all about incomings now as I’d normally be. 

Edited by Ikon

There are questions to be answered but I don’t think transfer is one of them for Howe. I mean he should be the one that tell the club “please improve CB asap” early in the window, and it is the managements problem to leave it that late. If Guehi has been our top top target this summer, we may just throw 70m back in early July, and allows Guehi to join the pre season training. And, if we didn’t do so, we should have other back up plans, say Inacio Silva Tapsoba etc, that also can give Howe a great help. 

This must not be what Howe’s want. I genuinely don’t think a manager would say “Guehi or rather no reinforcement”. This doesn’t make sense

53 minutes ago, Kanji said:

People really forget what the fuck we were falling into before Mandy refused to take no for an answer, Eddie spending 20 hours a day trying to make NUFC relevant and our owners trying their absolute best to sign as many players as possible to progress us on the field. It’s Iike people think we have executives at the club just sitting around scrolling the internet and not trying to make this club better every single day. 

Absolutely nailed it. Some of the posters on here are genuinely embarrassing. 

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Just feel that the PSR nonsense coupled with the constant press/twitter/content speculation of the transfer window to be utterly exhausting and zaps all the fun out of the simple act of watching football and talking with family and mates about what you see on the pitch during or after. 

I hope we get these deals done this week and strengthen the 11 and add needed depth, but I am also just happy that I get football back and most importantly, the highs and lows (hopefully more highs) of NUFC. I want to talk about tactics, team selection, “what ifs” and dream a bit. 

100% will be a relief once this mess is over. players in or not.

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

100% will be a relief once this mess is over. players in or not.

Match Wednesday night. Window closes Friday night. Back to smashing Spurs at the weekend. The circus rolls on :indi:

Hypothetically speaking if we don’t get any players in. It’s not only about not strengthening and improving to become better and keep up/surpass other team’s businesses. It also cannot be underestimated how it can affect our current players already here. It makes sure to keep all the players happy, motivated as well as on their toes. That boost of new quality players feeds more good vibes and hunger into the whole squad. The mental aspect of it all is very important. 

Edited by Ikon

If it wasn't for all the noise about Guehi I'd just assume that without outgoings we don't have much money to do anything. I still think that's basically the case, but the Guehi saga raises all sorts of questions.

2 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

If it wasn't for all the noise about Guehi I'd just assume that without outgoings we don't have much money to do anything. I still think that's basically the case, but the Guehi saga raises all sorts of questions.

We tried :yao:

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

What about it ? The question was when have we bought in 3/4 players this late in the window.

When everyone was last panicking about lack of ambition and squad depth towards the end of a window.

The one thing that confuses me is that we apparently still shopping if a list of targets pre Mitchell appointment. If that’s the case, not sure why it’s taking so long to get signings in.

I find it hard to believe Mitchell and Nickson are wanting to spend the entire summer chasing high profile barely obtainable premier league players. I do think there is a schism that has fucked up the transfer window.

2 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I find it hard to believe Mitchell and Nickson are wanting to spend the entire summer chasing high profile barely obtainable premier league players. I do think there is a schism that has fucked up the transfer window.

schism

/ˈsɪz(ə)m/

noun

1.a split or division between strongly opposed sections or parties, caused by differences in opinion or belief:

IMG_3572.thumb.jpeg.2d2cf9512a197df6c6d5cd04869b431a.jpeg

:howe:

3 hours ago, toon25 said:

I can't remember a window in recent years when we've gone out and bought 3-4 players in the final few days. 

We'll perhaps bring in one more but that'll be it.

We haven't needed to.

Last time I can recall is Bruno, Burn and Targett signing late in Jan 2022.