NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

If we had done so and got smashed people would be complaining and saying the opposite.

Not me. We need to make the CL to get the income but apart from that I have little interest in the tournament.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d be delighted to be in it next season 

Yeah, same.

My point with that remark was that they are largely able to rest their key players in the early stage of the tournament.

Because of this their first team squad isn't being pushed to the limit.

For example we'd likely have been able to use the likes of Hall, Dummet, Ritchie and even some othr under 21 players outside of Miley in that if we were in it this season.

Edited by KaKa

Just now, KaKa said:

Yeah, same.

My point with that remark was that they are largely able to rest their key players in the early stage if the tournament.

Because of this their first team squad isn't being pushed to the limit.

For example we'd likely have been able to use the likes of Hall, Dummet, Ritchie and even some othr under 21 players outside of Miley in that if we were in it this season.

Oh yeah, I agree with you, you can’t compare who they have had to face in Europe this season to us.

Pretty sure the management have thicker skins than to allow their selections to be influenced by people complaining. We haven't navigated the challenges of playing in Europe well, and use of a squad is part of that challenge. We had a big enough squad to allow for rotation before they started dropping like flies. Maybe, just maybe, if we had used or even prepared that squad a bit better we might not be so crippled by injuries, but who knows. 

Edited by Sean

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

More financial power means nothing without the right manager and structure behind the scenes.

Most of these top clubs throw away a hell of a lot of money and are far lazier and less inventive in the market because of their riches.

I'm not convinced they have this great advantage people keep talking about. They are far more likely to blow £90 million on some current over hyped player than go for the £30 million player that isn't as hyped, but who the data is identifying as being a stud.

I am not saying the right manager isn’t important; however, having more money so that you can sign better players by paying bigger wages also plays a pretty big part in the equation.

They are not seen as the big six because they have a really good knack of appointing managers, in fact some have had some poor managers but have still qualified for the Champions League. 

3 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I am not saying the right manager isn’t important; however, having more money so that you can sign better players by paying bigger wages also plays a pretty big part in the equation.

There's too much information available about too many players now, and the majority of Premier League clubs are wealthy enough to be able to sign really good players.

More expensive players on bigger wages are not automatically better players.

It may be frustration, but I'm about ready to suggest fucking off anyone who can't stay fit in the summer :lol: 

The ability to be fit should be up there with having the right personality etc.

Also, if you're not happy having Ritchie/Dummett/Gillespie on the bench, then don't offer them contract extensions.

I'm turning heel. 

Just now, KaKa said:

There's too much information available about too many players now, and the majority of Premier League clubs are wealthy enough to be able to sign really good players.

More expensive players on bigger wages are not automatically better players.

I didn’t say that though, you know that too but want to continue with the contrary opinion rather than admitting that having the ability to attract and sign better players plays an important part in the long term success of a football club.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

I didn’t say that though, you know that too but want to continue with the contrary opinion rather than admitting that having the ability to attract and sign better players plays an important part in the long term success of a football club.

We already are attracting and signing better players and will continue to do so, because these players can be found at all levels. Just depends on how good the club is at recruitment and our bunch certainly seem to know what they're doing.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

We already are attracting and signing better players and will continue to do so, because these players can be found at all levels. Just depends on how good the club is at recruitment and our bunch certainly seem to know what they're doing.

👍

Get a couple of loans in before the next game. One from the PL, one from abroad. I'm sure we'll be able to cobble together enough for that, despite being not having any friends. 

30 minutes ago, PeepShow4life said:

You really are an arrogant, sad person.

;D

Don't take me so seriously man!

Edited by KaKa

Really annoying that we havent brought in a CM yet. Should have had a loanee ready the second the transfer window opened. FFP isnt an excuse, dont need to spend to much to get a player who can replace Longstaff today, atleast sub in for him.

Am I right in thinking Bruno is now 1 booking away from a 2 game ban ? If so we are one booking away from having Miley and Longstaff as our only midfield options for 2 games. We absolutely have to bring someone else in this month.

Just now, Matt1892 said:

It is possible that the board may want to save any money for transfers until the summer at this point for the rebuild.

Dont need to break the bank to get a huge upgrade in our ability to play football for 90 mins.

3 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Really think Phillips gets done towards the end of the window.

We really should be aiming to get them in time for the 2 week break, give them time to train.

5 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

It is possible that the board may want to save any money for transfers until the summer at this point for the rebuild.

I think if we'd had more players available we would eait until the summer, but I reckon our hand is being forced a bit because of the injury situation 

We're obviously hamstrung from FFP, and aside from the inevitable violins about using Saudi loans, I don't see the problem. 

I'd let them cry this January and get Neves in. Then hope we secure enough revenue from European qualification from said loans and then rebuild without losing one of out 'gems'. 

I'd also take Phillips, Dybala and Ekitike(sp), if the deals were right, obviously all on loan.