NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

We got a deal on Isak because he was coming off a (relatively) poor season.

Yeah, it’s easy to forget (or at least I did - that probably says more about me!) that this was the case.  Seems incredible that the lad did because when he plays he just oozes cold confidence in front of goal

2 hours ago, jonny1403 said:

As if you wouldn’t be whinging saying we should have made more signings last summer if we’d signed one or two less in that window to account for Jan man [emoji38]

You’re a relentless hypocrite.

No I wanted more signings in the summer. And thought a few of ours were expensive for what we were getting. 

I obviously didn’t know we had maxed out our FFP pot. 

8 minutes ago, CheikBoom said:

Does it though? We're run the right way nowadays and if they get an offer they can't refuse then we'll sell. But if selling one player opens the door to a couple more players then it does make sense.

FFP is rubbish however.

I don’t think we are selling to buy new players. I think we are selling to meet FFP right now.

I don’t think after a sale we buy anyone. This rolling 3 year 105m thing was great for the first 2 years because Ashley was such a bitch and we could spend.

But now 2 years down the road those two years of profits have dropped off. Being replaced by 2 years of losses. So over the last two years we have made losses of £150m (estimate) and this year we need to bring that back.

15 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

I don’t think we are selling to buy new players. I think we are selling to meet FFP right now.

I don’t think after a sale we buy anyone. This rolling 3 year 105m thing was great for the first 2 years because Ashley was such a bitch and we could spend.

But now 2 years down the road those two years of profits have dropped off. Being replaced by 2 years of losses. So over the last two years we have made losses of £150m (estimate) and this year we need to bring that back.

What are you basing this on? 

7 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

The last two seasons we have made losses. The most recent being 74m.

The prior one being similar.

I didn't mean the last two seasons. I know what the losses were and you're forgetting the allowed deductions. The numbers are more like £60m in 2022 and £58m in 2023. We need roughly a £13m profit in the 2023/24.

I'm asking why you think we need to panic sell to hit this?

6 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I didn't mean the last two seasons. I know what the losses were and you're forgetting the allowed deductions. The numbers are more like £60m in 2022 and £58m in 2023. We need roughly a £13m profit in the 2023/24.

I'm asking why you think we need to panic sell to hit this?

I’ve just sent you the actual numbers per the accounts. It’s 73m loss and 70m loss. So we are 143 loss over the last two seasons. This next season we have to bring in 143-105 profit to meet FFP.

It sucks.

1 minute ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

I’ve just sent you the actual numbers per the accounts. It’s 73m loss and 70m loss. So we are 143 loss over the last two seasons. This next season we have to bring in 143-105 profit to meet FFP.

It sucks.

Profit or loss in the accounts does not equal profit or loss for FFP calculations 

2 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

It sucks.

Sorry, but you're wrong. FFP allows for things like investments in infrastructure, women's football, youth development, and community to be deducted.

Just now, timeEd32 said:

Sorry, but you're wrong. FFP allows for things like investments in infrastructure, women's football, youth development, and community to be deducted.

Ok fair enough. But they are the real numbers of losses in the last 2 years.

And they won’t be adjusted by hardly anything for other things.

There is a reason why we are touting players around.

And there is also a reason we have not spent money yet.

3 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

Those costs are extremely low. And not millions of pounds worth.

They’ve extensively revamped the full back office set up and gone on an expensive hiring spree. They’ve put a significant amount into the training ground. They’ve repaired the stadium. They’ve made the ladies team professional. It’s many millions of pounds worth.

14 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

It sucks.

Please stop. You’ve been going on about this for days and it’s clear you don’t have the first clue what you’re talking about. 

7 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

Those costs are extremely low. And not millions of pounds worth.

They've been £13m and £16m the last two years according to Swiss Ramble's estimates. I assume it will be at least £16m again to balance the books.

Remember we're adding Sela, Champions League money (£37m), and the sales of Maxi and Wood. Our revenue is going to go over £300m. 

There's no doubt it's going to be close, but there hasn't been anything to suggest we need to sell to meet FFP. We need to sell to buy.

15 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

it’s the starting point but there are a number of costs that you exclude as they are outside the FFP calculation

Why would you do that when you can soil your kecks though?

12 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

They've been £13m and £16m the last two years according to Swiss Ramble's estimates. I assume it will be at least £16m again to balance the books.

Remember we're adding Sela, Champions League money (£37m), and the sales of Maxi and Wood. Our revenue is going to go over £300m. 

There's no doubt it's going to be close, but there hasn't been anything to suggest we need to sell to meet FFP. We need to sell to buy.

The sales of maxi and wood when did they happen. I don’t know if this was prior to 31 July 23.

If so they would have been in them accounts.