NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

It is harsh, it’s not on a player to accept a deal they don’t want. Sure, it’ll damage their relationship with us and it’ll heighten the likelihood that they move on because of that but they shouldnt just accept a move because the club wants them gone 

9 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It is harsh, it’s not on a player to accept a deal they don’t want. Sure, it’ll damage their relationship with us and it’ll heighten the likelihood that they move on because of that but they shouldnt just accept a move because the club wants them gone 

Yeah, I understand that. But at the same time, couldn't give a fuck hah. Get them out. 

Next time we're not gonna have a Minteh to get us out of the shit. 

this will have been answered/explained before so apologies. But today has had my head battered. 

Am I right thinking once July 1st hits. We have a complete new cycle on the whole PSR stuff, with the new finances coming in to play, adidas/champions league etc? If so. We can then pretty much go all out with incomings? (Within reason obviously) 

4 minutes ago, Chris L said:

this will have been answered/explained before so apologies. But today has had my head battered. 

Am I right thinking once July 1st hits. We have a complete new cycle on the whole PSR stuff, with the new finances coming in to play, adidas/champions league etc? If so. We can then pretty much go all out with incomings? (Within reason obviously) 

Within reason, aye. Whilst the losses from the takeover year drop off, we’ve spent a lot on players so their amortisation will be a lot higher than what we had in that first year. Swings and roundabouts.

Should be a good amount but we need some sales to top the kitty up. Heavily amortised players like Almiron or Wilson, or the Longstaffs / Andersons who are pure profit.

20 minutes ago, Chris L said:

Need to sell again tomorrow don’t we to make up the extra £7m/£10m we are short of PSR

42 minutes ago, Chris L said:

Yeah allegedly there is a healthy kitty available which makes all this drama all the more head scratching

2 minutes ago, worthy said:

Milan doing us a favor since they fucked us with Tonali? :lol:

They saw him first hand, don’t think it’s so much of a favour but he’s quite versatile and has a great engine.

No great pace but that league is slower so might suit.

Longstaff has always been under appreciated and also the first to take the slack when things aren’t going so well. I wouldn’t blame him for moving on but I can’t see him seeking it.. a home bird I’d imagine which makes the rumour fairly silly.

20 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

What are we thinking our budget for the rest of the window is?

Im guessing 120 mill with the sale of Almiron and Wilson 

Um, probably nothing? I believe our situation will get worse when the final year of Ashley disappears from the three-year accounting period

Before any movement happened. Most would have said the below was a pretty good window:

Keep the main players

New starting RW

New RCB (either clearly better than Schar or capable cover with potential to be better)

Non perma injured cover for Isak

A Pope upgrade (if not possible a better back up than Dubs, similar to the RCB)

Upgrade anyone who leaves that was likely to get minutes next season.

If these 2 sales facilitate that, then we're still on track