Rating the 2023 Summer Transfer Window

How would you rate the transfer window?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the transfer window?

10 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

I remember reading an article that said we got him cheap but a little research suggests that was the market.  I would think private investigators might go around asking about players and doing some digging in the future.  

Consensus was we overpaid 

If Barnes was to allow competition for places at 2 in every position then leaving Murphy and miggy to the other side as they had been "standout" good in one single season is now looking loyal and foolish. Yes we also have to react to the market and yes them getting relegated maybe made the decision easier but we hardly stole him price wise was Barnes 38m? Only the prices chelsea were splashing on premier league players making that seem cheap. At this stage we arent going to have 2 elites in every position and there will be a drop off but leaving that side with no new signing has now appeared to have been a mistake. 

Looking a very poor window in hindsight. I hope first team players will be prioritised going forward. Ones who will play a significant amount of minutes. I don't even disagree with the signings we made, but if they are not going to contribute to the first team even in an extreme injury crisis then what was the point?

2 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Looking a very poor window in hindsight. I hope first team players will be prioritised going forward. Ones who will play a significant amount of minutes. I don't even disagree with the signings we made, but if they are not going to contribute to the first team even in an extreme injury crisis then what was the point?

Doesn’t this literally only apply to Hall (who is still ultimately on loan)?

I don’t think our business was great but that’s because we didn’t prioritise a defensive midfielder or right sided attacker.