Liverpool 4-2 Newcastle United (01/01/2024)

BlueStar

7 hours ago, gbandit said:

Any word on how long Jota will be out for? The double leg break from Dubs could have been a career ender. We were lucky it was just a pen and not a red card on top 

I feel sorry for him when he goes to the supermarket, the slight touch from a trolley brushing past him will send him to A and E 

15 hours ago, reefatoon said:

Oh is that where he is going? I thought he might have been off on an epic solo mission to mars or something, the way they were going on.

Rewatched the game yesterday (well, had it on while I was cleaning and watched some). I hadn’t realized at the time how bizarre the discussion of Salah was. They really do talk like this is his last game for Liverpool - to the point where I had to check if that was actually the case and he’d agreed to go to Saudi Arabia in Jan:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13040570/gary-neville-liverpool-owe-mohamed-salah-a-title-race-jamie-carragher-harvey-elliott-dominik-szoboszlai-can-hold-fort

They “owe him” a title race. 

He might only miss one league game.

2 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Rewatched the game yesterday (well, had it on while I was cleaning and watched some). I hadn’t realized at the time how bizarre the discussion of Salah was. They really do talk like this is his last game for Liverpool - to the point where I had to check if that was actually the case and he’d agreed to go to Saudi Arabia in Jan:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13040570/gary-neville-liverpool-owe-mohamed-salah-a-title-race-jamie-carragher-harvey-elliott-dominik-szoboszlai-can-hold-fort

They “owe him” a title race. 

He might only miss one league game.

I think everyone should get sky taken out and get that dodgy cunt that everyone knows with the magic stick, just to fuck them off

Did everyone enjoy longstaffs OUTSWINGING corner? Yielded a slightly different result to the 5000 inswingers we'd previously put it this season and last. 

Apparently the difference in producing a goal is marginal, or some weird stat that a inswinger leads to 1% more goals but an outswinger leads to more chances?! 

Either way, it's nice to try something different 

2 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Did everyone enjoy longstaffs OUTSWINGING corner? Yielded a slightly different result to the 5000 inswingers we'd previously put it this season and last. 

Apparently the difference in producing a goal is marginal, or some weird stat that a inswinger leads to 1% more goals but an outswinger leads to more chances?! 

Either way, it's nice to try something different 

For Botman's goal?  Trippier isn't hitting inswingers from that side on his right foot, either.  Would be quite the skill if he's whacking in trivelas from corners on that side every week :lol: 

Not watched anything back.  As I'm not that much of a masochist.  But from memory, it was just a driven corner off his laces and Botman was miles more aggressive than Jota or any of their players that seemed to be marking zonally/standing still and doing fuck all.  Don't remember it being much different to anything we usually do in that regard.  Just wasn't straight on Alisson and was about 6 yards out.

Trippier put in 3-4 absolute peaches from the corner against Forest.  But we didn't capatlise.  Would be nice if we started being good from set pieces, again.  As we certainly seem keen to continue hitting the box if we have a free kick anywhere near the halfway line and closer.  Plus we do seem to get a lot of corners compared to NUFC teams of recent times.