Newcastle United 3-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers (02/03/24) | Reaction: pg 17

Yorkie

Bloody love waking up after a good win, like.

I know Tuesday was grotty and the draw is an absolute pisstake but it's been a very good week to follow that Arsenal shitshow. I wasn't brimming with confidence yesterday morning but did have a feeling that battling through that cup tie was a low key big moment in the season. 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Interesting, I reckon they could struggle in, would predict the following:

Spurs (h) - draw due to nerviness from both teams

West H (a)

Man City (a) - loss

Arsenal (a) - loss

Brighton (a) - draw at best

Liverpool (h) - draw at best

Pretty sure villa normally batter Brighton. 

Seems to be a triangle between the 3 teams as we always struggle against Brighton 

4 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Ait Nouri? He is very good going forward.

Yes was impressed with him going forward. Was hard to judge if he could actually defend or not though.

3 hours ago, janpawel said:

Pretty sure villa normally batter Brighton. 

Seems to be a triangle between the 3 teams as we always struggle against Brighton 

Brighton away has become a bit of a bogey fixture, for sure. We've beaten them at home in the last 2 meetings though. 

i think generally while Villa compress play they are fairly happy for brighton to pass around the back and even play effectively on the counter (see last seaosn when Villa were the only side to proper batter us doing that) and are direct, it's a good counter to Brighton's style of play. Brighton seem really off it this season anyway so think Villa will be fine with that. 

21 hours ago, andycap said:

I thought his passing looked on point aswell today put some top drawer passes through to gordon. 

I was impressed by it, he's a decent passer but that's not his main strength, but looked very assured on the ball, long may it continue, so nice to have a bit of depth finally!