Marc Guehi

gdm

And some of you have been on this forum for ages, fucking chill with this constant shit. There’s not a soul here who knows more than Mitchell or Eales. Fair to armchair and analyze and criticize but at some point the same fucking point takes away from discussion and it becomes nonsensical and repetitive. You’re winning nobody over if you spend 3 months saying the same shit. 

Not sure about the ‘ceiling’ stuff - feels a bit like playing too much Champ Man.  Some players develop far beyond what might have originally been anticipated - if we look at our own legends, I wonder what Keegan’s ‘ceiling’ was at 18 - a man who basically became a great player through willpower and work. 

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Excuse me, you’re now claiming Califiori is one of the best defenders in Europe? He’s had a great 12 months but there is far more for him to prove in this league, system etc. 

has a go at someone else ‘starting a fight’. Starts next post with ‘excuse me’.

Califiori was just named in the Serie A team of the season. Hes not tested in the premier league yet but over the last 12 months he was one of the best cb’s in Europe…

8 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

£58M is 70% of £65 m now is it? And how the fuck can you honestly tell the "ceiling" of an 18 year old who hasn’t actually played much men’s football?

Honestly you’d think some on here had decades of experience working in football analytics they way they speak with such utter authority. 

Take the Saliba for £27M example used earlier, he was bought for that in 2019 (so adjust for football inflation for a start), then had to go back on loan to France for a season before becoming an Arsenal regular in 2022/23, can we afford to spend £30m+ for someone who might be a first team player in 2028?

We might not like it, but after missing out on Tosin, we are going to have to pay a premium to get a PL proven ready centre half in Guehi now

Read your post back. Put emphasis on ‘Honestly you’d think some on here had decades of experience working in football analytics they way they speak with such utter authority.’ And try to see the irony lol

5 minutes ago, Toon1892 said:

Read your post back. Put emphasis on ‘Honestly you’d think some on here had decades of experience working in football analytics they way they speak with such utter authority.’ And try to see the irony lol

What for trusting the professionals at the club know more than me and some on here? I think you need to learn what irony is mate

4 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

What for trusting the professionals at the club know more than me and some on here? I think you need to learn what irony is mate

Apologies for saying I don’t think Guehi is worth £70M. I’ll try not to disagree with you again.

4 minutes ago, Toon1892 said:

Apologies for saying I don’t think Guehi is worth £70M. I’ll try not to disagree with you again.

You’re shouting into the void, for what it’s worth it would appear those at the club agree with you; given by all accounts we've not bid anywhere near £70M

How much would people be expecting us to get for pre injury Botman if a big club came calling?  I'm going to go out on a limb and say if it was less than £65m then the majority would say that wasn't enough?;

56 minutes ago, Kanji said:

And some of you have been on this forum for ages, fucking chill with this constant shit. There’s not a soul here who knows more than Mitchell or Eales. Fair to armchair and analyze and criticize but at some point the same fucking point takes away from discussion and it becomes nonsensical and repetitive. You’re winning nobody over if you spend 3 months saying the same shit. 

Fkn hell mate, did The Toby run out of Yorkshire puds? It's all good fun and speculation man. Just relax and enjoy it all.

1 hour ago, Toon1892 said:

has a go at someone else ‘starting a fight’. Starts next post with ‘excuse me’.

Califiori was just named in the Serie A team of the season. Hes not tested in the premier league yet but over the last 12 months he was one of the best cb’s in Europe

Serie A, of course. Or one of the most promising up-and-coming CBs in Europe.

I must say, I found Steve Parish's remarks about generational talent to be rather excessive, this is up there too.

53 minutes ago, simonsays said:

How much would people be expecting us to get for pre injury Botman if a big club came calling?  I'm going to go out on a limb and say if it was less than £65m then the majority would say that wasn't enough?;

I don't think we're in a position where we can afford to spend 65m for a Geuhi or Botman. PSR is designed to ensure that.

We're better off looking for deals at Lille or Real Sociedad.

I might think differently had we not been forced to sell off home grown talent this summer.  (and I'm not even a Minteh fanboy)

Just now, gazza ladra said:

I don't think we're in a position where we can afford to spend 65m for a Geuhi or Botman. PSR is designed to ensure that.

We're better off looking for deals at Lille or Real Sociedad.

I might think differently had we not been forced to sell off home grown talent this summer.  (and I'm not even a Minteh fanboy)

In this case, we must acknowledge that Gordon and Isak will not be signing new contracts. This is a reality that Minteh fan boys and other fans may not fully comprehend. Bruno's desire to win a trophy in the near future is understandable, and signing a developmental player may not align with his ambitions. As fans, we must accept that we have world-class players who seek immediate success and achievement. Acquiring a top-six class defender like Guehi demonstrates our commitment to our star players and our ambition to compete at the highest level.

Regarding the transfer fees, while I initially had reservations about the value of Gordon and Isak, I have learned from past experiences. If the club believes that Guehi is worth £70 million, then I am in agreement.

6 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

So February 

I wouldn’t mind a scenario where we don’t see Botman much at all this season.  Let him get properly right, if we’re desperate for him to come back over Christmas something has gone badly wrong. 

1 minute ago, Ben said:

Imagine staying at Palace, poor cunt.

that’s the thing, you have this “superstar player” and youre keeping him at your shithole club where he can never fulfill his potential. You lost on opening day. I get it’s a business but we have ambition and a different sort to Chelsea and City. We’ll play the fucker, we’ll make him the best CB in the league. You don’t care about him. Eddie cares about him.. 

10 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Nothing funnier than policing what others can and cannot say on, of all places, an internet forum. Same usual suspects too.

Who's telling who what they can and can't say?