Marc Guehi

gdm

13 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

It's made Eales and Mitchell look like a right bag of spoons so far. I'm not bothered by Guehi, I'd have walked as soon as Palace started pissing about and asking for anything over £50m, while Parish talked his bollocks publicly. If we don't already have alternatives lined up to go for prior to deadline day then we've been no better than we used to under Ashley as far as transfers are concerned for this window... bit embarrassing really for the Saudis and their project imo.

They probably don’t want this kind of signing in the first place.

30 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I lived in Muswell Hill for years, always liked Famous Royal Oak on st James lane. Watched toon beat the Arse 3-1 at Highbury in the old O’neills 

Road oak was a great pub and lovely father and daughter owners, many a full summers day there and I was probably watching that match in there as well lol.

You used to occasionally get the five live sports blonde Geordie lass in there watching the matches as well, she was actually dead sound.

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Because the player wants to join (100%), and when negotiations go this deep and are this in depth they very rarely fall apart.

I pull out despite going very deep. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Has to be said, if we end up offering more than the asking price I might join in some of the chorus re Mitchell :) 

At this point any fee of more than £65m is going to feel like he's had his pants pulled down. Feels like we've put all our eggs in one basket and doesn't seem any other option but to bend down and lube up at this stage.

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

I can see how long term it could hurt us - every club will call our bluff.  But we’ll see. 

Imagine spending weeks/months negotiating a deal only to pay the asking price days before the deadline. 

17 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

It's made Eales and Mitchell look like a right bag of spoons so far. I'm not bothered by Guehi, I'd have walked as soon as Palace started pissing about and asking for anything over £50m, while Parish talked his bollocks publicly. If we don't already have alternatives lined up to go for prior to deadline day then we've been no better than we used to under Ashley as far as transfers are concerned for this window... bit embarrassing really for the Saudis and their project imo.

The price has already gone way beyond what I think he's worth

Even if the deal ends up happening I'm not sure he'll ever reach a level to make it a really successful signing

Ultimately at this stage for it to just be an acceptable window we need a CB, for it to be a good window we need both a CB and RW

Given how disjointed our football has looked since the halcyon days of CL qualification, I can understand the need to shore up the defence. We might be able to work out our problems getting the ball from back to front, but at least if we aren't conceding that still gives us a good shot of winning games despite not performing particularly well.

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Perhaps.  I’m also aware that it would cost him money to do that, too. 

He is missing out by not moving. If he’s on a 65m fee his wage is going to be big. By staying at CP he probably misses out on millions and millions.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Given how disjointed our football has looked since the halcyon days of CL qualification, I can understand the need to shore up the defence. We might be able to work out our problems getting the ball from back to front, but at least if we aren't conceding that still gives us a good shot of winning games despite not performing particularly well.

The back line has looked shaky for some time and that nervousness impacts all of our play - completely agree