***The Quote-tastic thread***

Guest smoggeordie

:confused:

Montella is a striker

That was directed to NE5 and his priorities.

I realise the complete post and the points it makes as a whole are beyond your capability to understand, which is why you ignored it

bluelaugh.gif

The Boy Blunder.

Absolutely clueless.

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

its a fairly simple matter to reply in full to a post in full.

As it happens, I don't recall ever reading anything remotedly informative from you  :lol:

Pot. Kettle. Goon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

its all yours. Come in and say something worthwhile.

AM fuking sick to death of the media already.

Everytime we go near a player its well over valued.

£12m for Crouch

£6m for Beattie

£7m for Upson

And when a player is linked out of the club its swap reo-coker for Parker, or sell Emre to part finance Barton deal.

Fuk me.

Fuk off.

Aye all those prices are mental!

£3-4m Distin, same kind of price for Knight!

tbh, if we signed any of those players for those prices we deserved to be relegated.

I would rather us sign nobody, than sign any of those players at the prices stated.

Crouch - £7m - no more

Beattie - £3m - no more

Upson - £3m - no more

Distin - £2m - no more

Knight - swap with bramble - nothing else.

As for Emre, £7m or fuk off, Parker? £10m or take a run and jump.

GR wont let the club be held to ransom, i hope anyway.

I don't remember that, Roeder went on for ages about how 'attacking players' were the ones he was after, infact I think that was the exact phrase he used. He said something else about how he was happy with the defenders we had at the club. Is that Fred's fault, or is he to undermine the manager and say 'oi Glenn, we need a full back, heres one for you'?

I've spent ages looking through far too many search results and have given up, I did find a couple of Roeder quotes about defenders, none mentioned that he was happy.

Glenn Roeder quotes:

September 2006

"Because we're so thin on the ground in defensive positions we can't afford for defenders to be injured."

August 2006

"There were times last year when we defended poorly and if there is the opportunity to bring in someone who I think could strengthen our defence, and I'm allowed to do it, I will.

I don't remember that, Roeder went on for ages about how 'attacking players' were the ones he was after, infact I think that was the exact phrase he used. He said something else about how he was happy with the defenders we had at the club. Is that Fred's fault, or is he to undermine the manager and say 'oi Glenn, we need a full back, heres one for you'?

I've spent ages looking through far too many search results and have given up, I did find a couple of Roeder quotes about defenders, none mentioned that he was happy.

Glenn Roeder quotes:

September 2006

"Because we're so thin on the ground in defensive positions we can't afford for defenders to be injured."

August 2006

"There were times last year when we defended poorly and if there is the opportunity to bring in someone who I think could strengthen our defence, and I'm allowed to do it, I will.

:lol:

Before anyone kicks off I know exactly what he means but it just sounds funny to read, like he is asking the wife  bluebiggrin.gif

Would be a bad day for the club if we spalshed out on Beatts. For starters Matty "The Fatty" Pattinson would lose his tag of Prize Pie Muncher!

Would be a bad day for the club if we spalshed out on Beatts. For starters Matty "The Fatty" Pattinson would lose his tag of Prize Pie Muncher!

FFS is this the best contribution you can manage when you're not following people around the forum slagging them off?

emot-yawn.gif

We were talking about how Shepherd wouldn't spend big on a full back, you said Shepherd would go out and get what the manager wants so its the manager fault and I gave an example of when the manager wanted Shepherd to go out and get a quality full back that cost quite a bit of money and we ended up with a £2m shite one.

So how am I wrong? You are the one who was trying to be a smart arse and put all the blame on the manager for not asking Shepherd to spend big on that position but as soon as I give an example the "we don't have a bottomless pit" line comes out. I understand we don't have endless money but the fact is Shepherd doesnt like to spend big on full backs.

Jon you must realise that Superbore has an agenda and refuses to acknowledge any points that shoot down his laughable opinions.

Here's your chance to pick just ONE of these obviously so many laughable opinions, start a new thread and we can debate this laughable opinion of mine like adults. Or we can do it via PM if you don't want to be embarrassed on the open forum. I'm happy to enter into any kind of debate with you, mate.  Are you happy to debate like an adult or aren't you?

We were talking about how Shepherd wouldn't spend big on a full back, you said Shepherd would go out and get what the manager wants so its the manager fault and I gave an example of when the manager wanted Shepherd to go out and get a quality full back that cost quite a bit of money and we ended up with a £2m shite one.

So how am I wrong? You are the one who was trying to be a smart arse and put all the blame on the manager for not asking Shepherd to spend big on that position but as soon as I give an example the "we don't have a bottomless pit" line comes out. I understand we don't have endless money but the fact is Shepherd doesnt like to spend big on full backs.

No, the only FACT is that this is your opinion.

Another FACT is that the club has often spent relatively big money on defenders, I say relatively because it's generally accepted that strikers do in the majority of cases cost more than defenders. That's another FACT.

There can be any number of reasons why the club didn't sign Miguel and signed Carr. Please post a link to the FACTS of how this happened and I'll read it.  Carr would have been a player on the managers "wish list", for want of a better name for the players he'd like to bring to the football club. So would Butt. I am not a club insider, but I would GUESS that the process goes along these lines: The team manager meets with the Board and presents in someway a LIST of names of players he is interested in signing. Of course the Board doesn't then sign ALL of those players, they will have to be prudent, do their job properly and assess the financial implications of bringing in the players the manager is asking for.

Did you really take my earlier comment literally and think I was saying the Board buys EVERY player the manager EVER asks for?

(That bit is a question by the way. I'm not saying you said it, so don't get confused again by believing I'm putting words in your mouth when I'm doing no such thing)

What I'm saying is that if the club has £10m to spend and Roeder wants to splash it all on defenders I'm sure the Board will back him. If he wants to splash it all on strikers I'm sure they'd back him. It is his decision as team manager. I think it's fairly clear what I'm saying so it's odd that you don't appear to understand it even if you don't agree.

Cheers

Another FACT is that the club has often spent relatively big money on defenders, I say relatively because it's generally accepted that strikers do in the majority of cases cost more than defenders. That's another FACT.

There can be any number of reasons why the club didn't sign Miguel and signed Carr. Please post a link to the FACTS of how this happened and I'll read it.  Carr would have been a player on the managers "wish list", for want of a better name for the players he'd like to bring to the football club. So would Butt. I am not a club insider, but I would GUESS that the process goes along these lines: The team manager meets with the Board and presents in someway a LIST of names of players he is interested in signing. Of course the Board doesn't then sign ALL of those players, they will have to be prudent, do their job properly and assess the financial implications of bringing in the players the manager is asking for. Did you really take my earlier comment literally and think I was saying the Board buys EVERY player the manager EVER asks for? What I'm saying is that if the club has £10m to spend and Roeder wants to splash it all on defenders I'm sure the Board will back him. If he wants to splash it all on strikers I'm sure they'd back him. It is his decision as team manager. I think it's fairly clear what I'm saying so it's odd that you don't appear to understand it even if you don't agree.

That last bit is a question by the way. I'm not saying you said it, so don't get confused again by believing I'm putting words in your mouth when I'm doing no such thing.

Cheers Jon

No worries.

Jon you must realise that Superbore has an agenda and refuses to acknowledge any points that shoot down his laughable opinions.

Here's your chance to pick just of these laughable opinions, start a new thread and we can debate it like adults. Or we can do it via PM if you don't want to be embarrassed on the open forum. I'm happy to enter into any kind of debate with you, mate. Are you happy to debate like an adult or aren't you?

don't hold your breath  :lol:

There can be any number of reasons why the club didn't sign Miguel and signed Carr. Please post a link to the FACTS of how this happened and I'll read it.  Carr would have been a player on the managers "wish list", for want of a better name for the players he'd like to bring to the football club. So would Butt. I am not a club insider, but I would GUESS that the process goes along these lines: The team manager meets with the Board and presents in someway a LIST of names of players he is interested in signing. Of course the Board doesn't then sign ALL of those players, they will have to be prudent, do their job properly and assess the financial implications of bringing in the players the manager is asking for. Did you really take my earlier comment literally and think I was saying the Board buys EVERY player the manager EVER asks for? What I'm saying is that if the club has £10m to spend and Roeder wants to splash it all on defenders I'm sure the Board will back him. If he wants to splash it all on strikers I'm sure they'd back him. It is his decision as team manager. I think it's fairly clear what I'm saying so it's odd that you don't appear to understand it even if you don't agree.

That last bit is a question by the way. I'm not saying you said it, so don't get confused again by believing I'm putting words in your mouth when I'm doing no such thing.

Cheers Jon

No worries.

Don't mention it, mate.

don't hold your breath  :lol:

He'll be OK if he does, you'll pat his back. bluebiggrin.gif

Maybe you should put people right about the financial position of the club and tell them we can't afford to buy players in january ?

You could start by telling them all about the good old days when we sold our quality players and finished in the top 5 once in almost 40 years, which is the same as our finishes in the last decade, according to you.

can't wait to see what happens and what mistakes we make in the window!

maybe you should write to them and keep them right ?

already did, they sent it back saying thanks for the imput but we have championship...uhh i mean premiership level coaches, scouts, negotiator, and boards memebers, and that my imput was not needed for this club to be heading in the proper direction

already did, they sent it back saying thanks for the imput but we have championship...uhh i mean premiership level coaches, scouts, negotiator, and boards memebers, and that my imput was not needed for this club to be heading in the proper direction

:rolllrg:

you should have asked me first  :winking: