3 days in and no strong link

Guest stormrider

Guest elbee909

They won't spend, they'll let the new board come in and do that ;)

they might buy back Boumsong though  :confused:

Oh of course, I forgot to add, in fairyland every signing you make hits the jackpot too  :lol: :lol:

What are you on about?  blueconfused.gif

Are you indulging in a bit of the old straw-man debating style again?  Try responding to the points, not those views you knee-jerk attribute to the poster.

I was one of the ones saying its only 1st week of July we have plenty of time and then hardly anything happened. With our injury problems you would think that our potential signings would be identified by now and offers would be sent to clubs. Souness (Sorry for mentioning his name) signed Baba and Boum during the 1st week on January which on paper looked great we are even more desperate now even if they are loan singings.

We have had months of a tiny squad, surely it is not too much to ask for plans to be put into action in the 1st week of a small transfer window.

I don't care what other clubs have or have not done we are absolute desperate for players things should be sorted for this weekend, even Shay says so you would think he would know best as he plays for the club.

If we have got no money then our board has the responsability of telling us that we will only buy if we sell.

To be honest the whole signing a player before the window opens never usually works from what I've heard. This is mainly because clubs are very reluctant to sell as the theory is it often unsettles the player who then has to play for the club he is still at for a couple of weeks before moving.

nah, you're wrong. You have to "plan" before the deadline, and everything always goes smoothly, you always get who you want when you want, and it equals guaranteed success. The league and FA Cup are yours. There must be one hell of a lot of teams out there with no "plan" ........

:lol: :lol:

Talking shit comes second nature doesn't it?

please tell us who mentioned a "plan".......and please tell us if it guarantees success, why the 87 clubs who haven't done as well as us over the last decade don't have a "plan"  :lol:

As I said, don't let facts cloud any judgement you might feel you wish to make.

I reckon the four clubs better than us have a 'plan' though :winking:

To be honest the whole signing a player before the window opens never usually works from what I've heard. This is mainly because clubs are very reluctant to sell as the theory is it often unsettles the player who then has to play for the club he is still at for a couple of weeks before moving.

nah, you're wrong. You have to "plan" before the deadline, and everything always goes smoothly, you always get who you want when you want, and it equals guaranteed success. The league and FA Cup are yours. There must be one hell of a lot of teams out there with no "plan" ........

please tell us who mentioned a "plan".......and please tell us if it guarantees success, why the 87 clubs who haven't done as well as us over the last decade don't have a "plan"  :lol:

I reckon the four clubs better than us have a 'plan' though :winking:

only 4 ??? I thought we had the worst board in the world  :lol: :lol: according to some  :winking:

What facts are you dishing out apart from your warped opinion?

Do you live in the modern world, or is it always about the past with you?

We are in a desperate position in terms of who we can play in the next game. One or two players coming in would help a great deal. It doesn't have to be millions spent, loans, swaps or any kind of good buying from the club would of done.

We've two difficult games coming up, we lose against Birmingham and half our hope for the remainder of the season is gone, and with the team were going to put out against them, there is a distinct possibility that will happen.

Alex Ferguson knew his club needed more strikers, even with Rossi coming back he went out and secured Larsson way before the window opened. But what the fuk would that cunt know about managing a football club compared to the likes of you?

Tottenham, a club with a very good buying policy went out and secured players they wanted from the off, good on them, its why they are currently a step ahead of us, and their depth will no doubt show the game after our FA cup tie, while were probably still scratching our heads, and players values keep rising as our desperation kicks in.

Who said we have 'the worst board in the world'? bluebigrazz.gif

ahem ..... :lol:

Who says we don't have a "plan".......just when they have a different to you [not you]

I find it strange, surley we had who we were going to bid for all sorted out, yet still no bids. We as a club can try to keep our targets quiet, but all that stops once a bid is made and we have heardor seen nothing.

I will take good old fashiond panic buying  over no buying any day.  :thdn: :thdn:

Who says we don't have a "plan".......just when they have a different to you [not you]

Have you been drinking again?  :lol:

We are in a desperate position in terms of who we can play in the next game. One or two players coming in would help a great deal. It doesn't have to be millions spent, loans, swaps or any kind of good buying from the club would of done.

We've two difficult games coming up, we lose against Birmingham and half our hope for the remainder of the season is gone, and with the team were going to put out against them, there is a distinct possibility that will happen.

Alex Ferguson knew his club needed more strikers, even with Rossi coming back he went out and secured Larsson way before the window opened. But what the fuk would that cunt know about managing a football club compared to the likes of you?

Tottenham, a club with a very good buying policy went out and secured players they wanted from the off, good on them, its why they are currently a step ahead of us, and their depth will no doubt show the game after our FA cup tie, while were probably still scratching our heads, and players values keep rising as our desperation kicks in.

Spurs have qualified for europe once [or maybe twice] in the past decade. So much for their "plan". Buying an amount of players doesn't mean they will be a success, if they all flop then its a shit "plan".

I see you mention manu as well. Thats 2 clubs. Well done. Is that it ?

You wouldn't know lack of planning, desperation and a mediocre club if it hit you on the head with a rusty hammer if you think the past decade we have had has been mediocre or a symptom of a club with no "plan".

Guest Gemmill

Daft to be going mental after only 3 days of the window, but I hope this time there's some recognition at the top of the perils of trying to do all your business on the last day of the window.  We've got 28 days left to sort something out - less if you take into account the fact that matchdays are days when things will generally be put on hold.  90 days wasn't long enough in the summer.  I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

I don't drink at work like you do Alex  :winking:

I don't drink at work like you do Alex  :winking:

A pint of Guiness on a lunchtime doesn't count.  bluewink.gif

Spurs have qualified for europe once [or maybe twice] in the past decade. So much for their "plan". Buying an amount of players doesn't mean they will be a success, if they all flop then its a shit "plan".

I see you mention manu as well. Thats 2 clubs. Well done. Is that it ?

You wouldn't know lack of planning, desperation and a mediocre club if it hit you on the head with a rusty hammer if you think the past decade we have had has been mediocre or a symptom of a club with no "plan".

You seem to be jumping on the word 'plan' like its your only argument, which to be fair it is, and i only said 'its not illegal to plan ahead' which makes your replies even more stupid tbh.

:lol:

I assume you're talking about defenders here. Do you really think that signing new defenders to play in a game less than a week away alongside players they have never even trained with before will significantly improve the defense for that game?

Is this the same Tottenham who have been able to play their first choice defense for the vast majority of the season and have conceeded the same number of goals as our makeshift one?

I assume you're talking about defenders here. Do you really think that signing new defenders to play in a game less than a week away alongside players they have never even trained with before will significantly improve the defense for that game?

Is this the same Tottenham who have been able to play their first choice defense for the vast majority of the season and have conceeded the same number of goals as our makeshift one?

Its not unknown for professionals who are the top of their game (EPL standard) to be able to adapt quickly in certain situations. I'm sure an experienced defender will be able to put in an astute performance even though he doesn't know his team mates, it happens at NT level all the time, players are in and out of the squad and I'm sure one of these professional athletes with 10 years in the game could easily out perform a 17-19 year old who's played 2-3 games with the senior team, and probably only had 3-4 weeks training with the 1st team under their belt anyway.

But on your point, when we do get new defenders in we must wait even longer for them to settle, so end of Feb or March should do it.  :roll:

I'm sure the current lot will hold out till then.

Which other Tottenham do you know of?

Its not unknown for professionals who are the top of their game (EPL standard) to be able to adapt quickly in certain situations. I'm sure an experienced defender will be able to put in an astute performance even though he doesn't know his team mates, it happens at NT level all the time, players are in and out of the squad and I'm sure one of these professional athletes with 10 years in the game could easily out perform a 17-19 year old who's played 2-3 games with the senior team, and probably only had 3-4 weeks training with the 1st team under their belt anyway.

But on your point, when we do get new defenders in we must wait even longer for them to settle, so end of Feb or March should do it.  :roll:

Well I know he's not a defender, I'm not sure he's even a footballer tbh, but your theory of an experienced player being able to perform this quickly didn't apply to Luque, for example.  :cool:

Well I know he's not a defender, I'm not sure he's even a footballer tbh, but your theory of an experienced player being able to perform this quickly didn't apply to Luque, for example.  :cool:

Two games then injured for some several months will do that tbh, then again, am not talking about buying foreign players either.

But lets not turn this in to another Luque thread, i'd rather concede the point than talk about him all day.  :lol:

Two games then injured for some several months will do that tbh, then again, am not talking about buying foreign players either.

But lets not turn this in to another Luque thread, i'd rather concede the point than talk about him all day.  :lol:

Why would it turn into a Luque thread unless his rent-boys come screaming to his defence like a load of girls? Fact is he's an experienced player who certainly hasn't been able to do a thing even after all this time, let alone after a couple of days.

I'd rather they took their time and bring in the right players. This won't be easy if we're going for the right quality.

Why would it turn into a Luque thread unless his rent-boys come screaming to his defence like a load of girls? Fact is he's an experienced player who certainly hasn't been able to do a thing even after all this time, let alone after a couple of days.

I'd rather they took their time and bring in the right players. This won't be easy if we're going for the right quality.

Getting the right player can take time, and it can take a few days.

Just because the club is waiting or hasn't signed anyone doesn't mean the player that comes in is going to be of any better quality than one signed now. It could quite possibly be the other way round as when desperation kicks in, even crap players values start to rise come the window closing.

Getting the right player can take time, and it can take a few days.

Just because the club is waiting or hasn't signed anyone doesn't mean the player that comes in is going to be of any better quality than one signed now. It could quite possibly be the other way round as when desperation kicks in, even crap players values start to rise come the window closing.

As someone pointed out last week, the really good players may well just be biding their time to see what other offers come along. It's also probable that a club will not want to let a good player go.

Exactly. It's January, it's a nightmare trying to get the players you really want. While I think the summer could have been handled better, signing the wrong players will only compound problems in the long-run and hinder our chances of signing players in the summer.