If you could have any starting left-back from outside of the top four...

oldtype

Samuel is another one of those who isn't rated by his own fans. Im sure Brummie will comment when he see's the post but there will be a reason why he isn't getting into the Villa team! Samuel is probably no better than Baba, infact it is probably a step backwards.

Any player who wont sign a new contract and wants to leave will never be a favourite though,he is better than Babayaro though mate.,it would be hard not to be ffs.

Samuel is another one of those who isn't rated by his own fans. Im sure Brummie will comment when he see's the post but there will be a reason why he isn't getting into the Villa team! Samuel is probably no better than Baba, infact it is probably a step backwards.

Any player who wont sign a new contract and wants to leave will never be a favourite though,he is better than Babayaro though mate.,it would be hard not to be ffs.

I just think its because he's shit tbh.

I just think its because he's shit tbh.

Agreed, grass is always greener. If we replace Babayaro and Carr there is no point replacing them with someone just as shit or not quite as shit! I want us to replace them with someone who is actually good!

Trabelsi is playing on the right hand side of midfield and is ace. Our left back is either Ben Thatcher or Stephen Jordan. Both shite really.

I can't help but feel some players are being overblown becuase of a few goals or assists - Taylor, Barry, Shorey...a good left foot does not a good left back make (See Harte, Ian).

Not much between most but I always liked Ricardo Gardner and have wanted  City to go for him in the past. Decent athlete and wouldn't have cost an arm and a leg but he's got a gimpy knee now so question mark.

hm i like Jordan he would be good for us

Jloyd is, indeed, widely regarded as rubbish by Villa fans. He was woeful last season. Only marginally better than Hughes, in fact, but with a massively overinflated opinion of his own worth.

And the reason he isnt getting a game now is nothing to do with contract situations, he has only just got back to fitness after getting injured in the first game of the season. Hopefully MON realises he is gash.

Oh, incidentally, on the subject of left backs, Wilfred Bouma has been impressive for us lately. Kept the much vaunted SWP in his pocket all night on Tuesday

:thup:

Nuno has done well for us, good signing for the small fee we paid

Barry & Taylor are better in midfield and Pogatetz has been much more impressive since moving to centre back, was nothing special at full back. I think Baines, Quedrue and Gardner are all good left backs. The rest are shite.

Barry & Taylor are better in midfield and Pogatetz has been much more impressive since moving to centre back, was nothing special at full back. I think Baines, Quedrue and Gardner are all good left backs. The rest are shite.

What happened to old Sheeps heart Pistone 1878?

What happened to old Sheeps heart Pistone 1878?

His contract runs out in the summer, after being injured for 18 months he is suddenly fit again :lol:

There are many LB's out there for not too much money that are alot better than baba...

Because they aren't big name players they can still be good.

I bet there is quite a few LB's in other leagues around that are not too expensive or well known to us...

Im sure i have seen a few that would play alot better than Baba has for us (for what it's worth)

What im trying to say here is that some players (especially players in the PL) are really overpriced and can only be signed for inflated (sp?) prices...

I think you could get a lot more quality for money by signing players from abroad. Especially in the situation we are in now

throwing out £6-7m on someone like Bale would just be insane imo...

I wonder how many times i have been thinking through the years seing many other clubs sign good players for a really fair price and wondering why weren't we after him and him.

We could save so much money having good scouts with great knowledge in the different leagues around europe...Getting the right players before others do get them, instead of buying them later for a price of 100 times more than they cost a couple of years ago..

We've got players who can play out of position and do better than Babayaro, in fairness.

Still, at least Roeder isn't going to rush into any short-term signings, thats not his style. (best not mention Bernard, a late, ill-thought out, short term signing).