Crouch or Bent

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Based purely on their attributes as players who you would prefer at NUFC if we could get one or the other (Ignore all other factors like could NUFC afford them, how much they would cost, their availablity, how likely it is they'd join or anything else, etc)?

I'd choose Bent. He's 5ft 11 which is only one inch shorter than Shearer. He has scored a lot of goals in one and a half seasons of Premiership football.

Bent without doubt. Anything under 6ft (even an inch) and people class them as small and weak. Bent is good in the air, strong, can hold the ball up and can score goals  :thup:

Funny isn't it? The way some go on, you'd think Shay Given was actually Kenny Baker's little brother.

Les Ferdinand was only 5'11".

Bent without doubt. Anything under 6ft (even an inch) and people class them as small and weak. Bent is good in the air, strong, can hold the ball up and can score goals  :thup:

Funny isn't it? The way some go on, you'd think Shay Given was actually Kenny Baker's little brother.

Yep, fair enough at 6ft Shay isnt the tallest for a keeper but he more than makes up for it imo!

I've stood in the same room as 'Big Al' Shearer and he didn't look very tall to me (although admittedly I am 6ft 4). Most footballers aren't very tall.

I've stood in the same room as 'Big Al' Shearer and he didn't look very tall to me (although admittedly I am 6ft 4). Most footballers aren't very tall.

Wasnt Shearer 6ft?

Guest sunderlandsuck

Huntelaar, could get him for the money being banded around for Crouch or Bent.

im pretty sure he is neither bent or crouch mate ;)

The ever reliable Wikipedia says he is 5ft 11in.  I've always heard he's shorter than you'd expect. Looks over 6ft on TV.

"Looks over 6ft on TV" compared to who? Anyway, I'd say he was 6ft maximum. I don't believe half the stats given out. According to the NUFC.co.uk Squad Profiles section the 6' 2" Shola Ameobi only weighs 12st. I'm 2 inches taller than Ameobi and I weigh 2 stone more. Muscle weighs more than fat and Shola carrys quite a lot of muscle so I'd say that weight stat was very wrong. The same applies for all the other profiles e.g. the 5' 7" Emre weighs 12st 8lbs!

Wasnt Shearer 6ft?

Yes, and I would think he still is.

For the people who have voted for Crouch it would be interesting if you posted your reasons for choosing him.

You shrink with age and he is geting on a bit  bluebiggrin.gif

Loads of people have voted for Crouch but not a single comment in his favour.

Guest eyeball_tickler

neither. we dont need to spend £10 million + on a striker who wont play for us after march. owen and martins are the first choice pair. the money has to go elsewhere.

Guest GeordieDirk

According to the NUFC.co.uk Squad Profiles section the 6' 2" Shola Ameobi only weighs 12st. I'm 2 inches taller than Ameobi and I weigh 2 stone more. Muscle weighs more than fat and Shola carrys quite a lot of muscle so I'd say that weight stat was very wrong. The same applies for all the other profiles e.g. the 5' 7" Emre weighs 12st 8lbs!

Shola is not 6'2", he is way bigger than that - dot cock don't know their own players if you ask me. I saw him bumming around the executive boxes at the Man U game when I was at work, and he towered over my puny 6'1" frame. He was ducking to get through the doors man!

According to the NUFC.co.uk Squad Profiles section the 6' 2" Shola Ameobi only weighs 12st. I'm 2 inches taller than Ameobi and I weigh 2 stone more. Muscle weighs more than fat and Shola carrys quite a lot of muscle so I'd say that weight stat was very wrong. The same applies for all the other profiles e.g. the 5' 7" Emre weighs 12st 8lbs!

Shola is not 6'2", he is way bigger than that - dot cock don't know their own players if you ask me. I saw him bumming around the executive boxes at the Man U game when I was at work, and he towered over my puny 6'1" frame. He was ducking to get through the doors man!

Exactly. Their stats say Emre weighs more than Shola! They may as well not bother with the stats.

No Crouch voters have given a reason yet Bent voters have.

As for people saying neither striker I did say "Based purely on their attributes as players who you would prefer at NUFC if we could get one or the other (Ignore all other factors like could NUFC afford them, how much they would cost, their availablity, how likely it is they'd join or anything else, etc)?".

Guest smoggeordie

i voted for crouch because he's tall. I'd rather have Carew on loan until we get super shola back though

I'm tall? Can I have a game?

I don't believe in all this "we must buy a tall striker" crap. At the end of the day Bent scores a hell of a lot more goals than Crouch and in a shit team, rather than one that won the CL two years ago.

Guest Anders Rye

Tall players doesn't matter that much, look at when we play Dyer and Martins up front, we always score gals. Bent for me!

During yesterday's Liverpool V Arsenal game Motson asked Mark Lawrenson how he thought Crouch had done during his time at Liverpool. Now we all know Lawrenson is biased for Liverpool but even he said something like "he's done ok but not great".

Regarding height, most players are less than 6ft so when anyone is 6ft or over they look like giants compared to the other players. By the way, the purpose of this poll was to see who NUFC fans would prefer if given the choice of Crouch or Bent. You may prefer someone else but that wasn't what I was asking. It's just for fun.