Oba Martins to Chelsea?

aussiemag

Guest Pookie9

For 20+ mill, We should take their hands off.  no messing about. This could well be the last time that The filthly Chels get virtually unlimted funds to blow in a transfer window

with £10M clear profit we can buy a decent striker outright

For 20+ mill, We should take their hands off. no messing about. This could well be the last time that The filthly Chels get virtually unlimted funds to blow in a transfer window

with £10M clear profit we can buy a decent striker outright

Doubt £10M would be enough bearing in mind that we'd be held to ransom by all the other clubs on account of them all knowing that (a) we had loadsamoney (b) we're desperate for strikers.

Guest Knightrider

Selling Martins for anything less than £20m would be daft because as GM says we'd be held to ransom in the market. If we had a goalscorer fit already at the club, I'd take £15 for him from Chelsea or cash plus Bridge. Every player has a price. That said I don't think we should be selling players with Martins' potential unless it is for daft money.

Selling Martins for anything less than £20m would be daft because as GM says we'd be held to ransom in the market. If we had a goalscorer fit already at the club, I'd take £15 for him from Chelsea or cash plus Bridge. Every player has a price. That said I don't think we should be selling players with Martins' potential unless it is for daft money.

It won't happen.

I can't make my mind up about Martins. Sometimes he looks awful while other times he does things that are sublime. Still settling in and should be given more time though. That said, I'd be tempted by £20million but it would have to be in the summer (unless at least one forward came the other way on loan/permanently). I think this story is probably bollocks anyway though.

Guest Sniffer

although it won't happen, I'd take Bridge plus 20 mill for Martins. That would get us Upson and Bent or Crouch or Dean Ashton. We'd be a much better team with those additions than Martins alone. Plus I'd see Owen as a better fit with any of those three than with Martins.

Guest Knightrider

I wouldn't rule out NUFC being behind this story or being interested in Chelsea's interest... if they are indeed interested. Its clear to me we are skint and quite desperate.

although it won't happen, I'd take Bridge plus 20 mill for Martins. That would get us Upson and Bent or Crouch or Dean Ashton. We'd be a much better team with those additions than Martins alone. Plus I'd see Owen as a better fit with any of those three than with Martins.

If we had £20m I would hope we went for better than Upson.

I love the fact that people are mentioning Upson on the back of his form a few seasons ago. Anyone who has seen him recently in the Championship wouldn't go near him.

I don't even remember him being any good a few years ago tbh. Was pretty shit on Saturday.

I love the fact that people are mentioning Upson on the back of his form a few seasons ago. Anyone who has seen him recently in the Championship wouldn't go near him.

I don't even remember him being any good a few years ago tbh. Was pretty shit on Saturday.

He was solid when he first went to Birmingham. Seems he had a case of Jenasitis though - one good season, shite the rest.

I put Upson in the same category as Distin. We should have signed them years ago when they were better than what we had and were available cheap (I know there was the wage thing with Distin but I doubt Citeh are paying him more than we pay the likes of Bramble). Robson looked at Upson too. We missed the boat though for whatever reason and we shouldn't go back there and a pay a fortune now - which is what their respective clubs would want to charge.

Guest Sniffer

Upson didn't have  a bad game at all last weekend so I'm surprised people would say that. Unless they are just jumping on the anti Upson bandwagon and didn't actually see the game. I'm not sure there are any better central defenders available in the 4-5 mill range who can step in and perform straight away.

To sell him would be compele and utter stupidity, so we will probably see the sale happen!

Sell Martins to buy Bent  blueeek.gif blueeek.gif blueeek.gif blueeek.gif blueeek.gif blueeek.gif blueeek.gif blueeek.gif blueeek.gif blueeek.gif blueeek.gif blueeek.gif blueeek.gif blueeek.gif blueeek.gif blueeek.gif blueeek.gif blueeek.gif

Upson didn't have  a bad game at all last weekend so I'm surprised people would say that. Unless they are just jumping on the anti Upson bandwagon and didn't actually see the game. I'm not sure there are any better central defenders available in the 4-5 mill range who can step in and get injured straight away.

I agree  :thup:

Upson is average, overrated, will be overpriced and injury prone. NO thanks.