Peter Ramage

Guest SLK

Guest SmileyCulture

He'l never be good enough, i've not liked him from the start and he's done absolutely nothing in his time at Newcastle to change my mind on him.

Most players you can expect to start a little shakey but he doesn't even look like hes improving, there are two great young defenders (edgar/huntington) that have had cracking games and shown they are full of potential yet he gets chosen over them for his experiance, experiance the other players with potential to be world class don't get because he's taking their place.

I'm sure Ramage is a nice guy and all that but he's not Newcastle material. Not even in our current state.

Young in games he is, young in  years maybe not, but is still learning his role. I just refuse to slate the lad.

He's been in and around the 1st team for nearly 2 years now man.

Edgar looked so much more comfortable, and he's younger in games AND years.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

"Coach" HTT was just applying his schtick. That's all you can expect from a poster of his quality; "wacky" comments and irreverant humour, he has no place in serious discussions like this.

Guest Bramble OG

Awful player alround, cant defend or play the ball, can put a decent block in now and again...did us all a favour going off injured thanks Mr Ramage.

Edgar on the other had seems to have a brain and can play and read things..nothing special but a step up on ramage,.

Guest Knightrider

Seriously, he can play at this level still (although not for a club with our aspirations), he was superb against Fenerbache for example - he never put a foot wrong - so he has it in him, but he is a confidence player and none of our centre-halfs are being helped by the lack of experience and leadership next to them, or the fact that from one week to the next there is never a settled side. In short NUFC is just not the place to be if you're a young inexperienced defender with limited ability. Taylor has bags of ability but he is suffering too. All in all Ramage has done well since breaking into the team 2 years ago, based on his very limited ability and all the crap that comes with playing for the Toon as a defender, and I personally think it's unfair to single out anyone, especially a wholehearted player still learning the ropes. Yes he's shite and yes he is costing us points but I feel more sympathetic and sorry for him, than any anger or criticism. I know my view won't be a popular one in this day and age of ripping into players and scapegoatism.

Guest Keithy-Boy

Ramage was awful today, but for the first 35-40 minutes the whole team was. i dnt think David Edgar and Huntington are gettin enough praise for their performances. i thot they were immense in the second half seein as they have about 15 games between them

Im not sayin Rammy is the cause of all our defensive woes but i think given a fully fit squad he would always be on the bench and to be honest i think thats the way it will always be for him at Newcastle at least.

Seriously, he can play at this level still (although not for a club with our aspirations), he was superb against Fenerbache for example - he never put a foot wrong - so he has it in him, but he is a confidence player and none of our centre-halfs are being helped by the lack of experience and leadership next to them, or the fact that from one week to the next there is never a settled side. In short NUFC is just not the place to be if you're a young inexperienced defender with limited ability. Taylor has bags of ability but he is suffering too. All in all Ramage has done well since breaking into the team 2 years ago, based on his very limited ability and all the crap that comes with playing for the Toon as a defender, and I personally think it's unfair to single out anyone, especially a wholehearted player still learning the ropes. Yes he's shite and yes he is costing us points but I feel more sympathetic and sorry for him, than any anger or criticism. I know my view won't be a popular one in this day and age of ripping into players and scapegoatism.

This all might be true, but confidence players are not what we need.  Our defense has been made up of them for way too long.  There's no reason to expect that Ramage will be a consistent performer at this level.  His form is always up and down.  I understand your point about no having a settled defense, but when a player fails to show skill or good decision making that have nothing to do with who he's playing with, then I don't see how he's really defendable.

Guest Hodgson09

Even crap players get lucky days when they just play blinders don't let the exceptions dictate your judgement, it is how a player plays most of the time that tells you how good or not they are. Confidence? bullshit!!! He has had exceptions to the normal shiteness he produces. Ramage is shite it isn't his fault he gets picked ahead of certain players though I don't feel sorrow for the bloke though...well maybe he is a redhead.

Now Edgar has had two games for us and played well in both, not enough games to cast a judgement but it shows he may have some level of consistency, and he is a decent player, lets hope he can continue to improve and save us a few million quid. Ramaage has had his chances and has produced a normal performance of shite, and an exceptional performance of average. All my opinion but that is how a player should be judged not a single game anomalies, instead judge him over his collated performances or lack there of, it just shows he is a very bad footballer.

He should be sent to WBA in cash player exchange for Davies.

Guest Ridzuan

Stop giving me this 'he is still young' excuse.Fact is he is RUBBISH.I am happy for him,happy that he got injured yesterday.It was a blessing in disguise.You can see how good Edgar was when he came on for Peter Garbage considering that he is much much younger than Peter Garbage.But on another note,Glenn should be blame too for putting to much faith and trust in Peter.

Guest Ridzuan

Why should we wait till 2008? We should just release him.Ill be glad if that is any other club willing to pay for his service.

i love it how you all jump on players' backs from time to time.. you don't have to be a certified coach to see that Ramage, Carr, Pattison are not good players, but you know what.. it's not their fault they're being played..

show some fucking support, cause slaggin players off isn't doing us the world of good.. yawn :-X

Guest Ridzuan

i love it how you all jump on players' backs from time to time.. you don't have to be a certified coach to see that Ramage, Carr, Pattison are not good players, but you know what.. it's not their fault they're being played..

show some fucking support, cause slaggin players off isn't doing us the world of good.. yawn :-X

Of course it is not their fault that they are being played,but we have no other options but to play them.But how often do they get their chance.The least they could do is to give a decent performance.Instead,we have seen time after time that they continue to play poorly and doesnt deserve their place in the team.

Nikos Dabizas, Andy O'Brien, Gavin Peacock and other such clowns who have worn the black and white shirt in defence spring to mind!!!!

I take it you mean Darren Peacock, although I remember in the days before names on the shirt, Gavin Peacock started the first game of the season at RightBack, sporting a full bushy beard, I had no idea who it was.

Guest Invicta_Toon

it's hilarious that all the twats in this thread are amazed that no world class players want to come to this club

Rambo will be playing non league football within 5 years.

Simply not good enough at this level or the immediate levels below.

See also Jamie McLen.

Guest POWNATS

i agree, ramage is a poor player

Stephen Taylor is no better, a penalty waiting to happen

Slow, not very good in the air and hes very slow........lummix

Dosent read the game well and did i mention hes not got any pace

Taylor is better than Ramage but he's one of the stupidest players we've ever had. He's worth keeping but i dont agree with all this "future captain...build the team around him" nonsense.

Nikos Dabizas, Andy O'Brien, Gavin Peacock and other such clowns who have worn the black and white shirt in defence spring to mind!!!!

Idiot.