Newcastle supporters/ Dissertation

Guest Toon1981

Guest Toon1981

Dear All,

I am a final year sociology student at Newcastle University and have chosen to write my dissertation on the experiences of Newcastle United supporters.  As part of this, I am looking to interview a handful of Newcstle supporters who have been attending matches since at least the late 1980's/ early 1990's, as what I want to find out about is how being a Newcastle United supporter has changed over time, if indeed it has.  The interviews are expected to last 45 mins to an hour and would preferably take place in a town centre pub at a relatively quiet time, although these details are not inflexible.  I am hoping to conduct the interviews over the next 3-4 weeks if possible.

If you yourself are interested in taking part, or know anyone that might be, I would be hugely appreciative if you could contact me at the e-mail address below.  There's a pint or equivalent in it for anyone who agrees to be interviewed!  Many thanks,

Lee Burns

[email protected]

these details are not inflexible

you mean 'these details are flexible'

:lol: Identical meanings tbh.

Subtle difference in the implied amount of flexibility tbf

I thought I was pedantic  :lol: Think you're talking shite though.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Toon1981

Evening all,

I'm re-posting as while I have had some responses, which are much appreciated, I'm still a way short of the number of interviews I'd ideally like to do in order to have enough information from which to form a sociology dissertation.  So, if anyone who has been a Newcastle fan since approx the early 90's fancies a free drink in exchange for talking about their experiences of being a supporter, I'd really appreciate that they get in touch at the email address below.  I'm willing to travel (within reason!) to meet up with those who don't make it into town that often.

Cheers,

Lee

[email protected]

bet there are loads of toon fans wearing scalves instead of carnations sitting around a rosies bar on a

tuesday night with 3 inches of snow outside freezing cold and in the corner 2 specky students sitting sniggering into a shared pint of lager tops.

• 2 weeks later...