Frédéric Piquionne - signed for Monaco

Guest eyeball_tickler

Like you say, getting Piquionne in tmrw is the first port of call, Babel should be a bonus if he is as good as the hype.

We should be straight out looking for a LB after Piquionne, nay we should be breaking down Manures door to try and get Heinze..although I could very well see that turning into a Bridge/Cole situation like last window.

Collocini would be a bonus, not least for the cover he can give a RB, i dont think we are interested though especially with Carr back and Nobby excelling.

Who knows what can happen in the next 50 and a half hours and who might be available, its also possible some of the offers we put on the table but were pushed back might be back on.

Honestly how bad can he be if Lyon were trying to sign him? Would they try and get Sibierski? I doubt it? People see the goals section and thats it.

Who? Not a single person has said they wouldn't take him on loan. All I see are people pointing out his goal record, which is not the be all and end all, but not a bad thing to highlight considering he is a striker and facts are thin on the ground.

As for Lyon. Not that who they fancy means anything anyway, but as noted in response to the same point on the first page, they have instead invested in Baros. :buck2:

I have seen people say he is shit and someone saying he is lucky to be better than Shola let alone Sibierski and this based on the fact he has a 1in5 goal record!

Point out where I have said people are saying they wouldnt take him on loan and you may have a point.

People need to accept the situation.

1 - we have no money

2 - we are useless in the transfer market

3 - there are no goalscorers available for sale

4 - even if there were, we don't have the money anyway (see 2)

5 - a loan deal allows us to take a look and be in control of the deal, if he does well, great, if not, he goes back to where he came from

Any fucker at this stage is a welcome addition as far as I'm concerned, if they have legs, know what a football looks like, are fit and ready to play, bring them in. Beggars can't be choosers.

I find it hard to accept the "situation" when none of those points you mention are facts.

EDIT (to sound less arsey):

1 - None of us know the club's financial situation for sure, there's the new TV money to consider, etc.

2 - I don't know about you, but I'm fairly chuffed with Martins and Sibierski and I still think Duff will come good, hell, even Bernard might do enough to be kept on if he can stay fit.

3 - This is another thing that you cannot possibly know for sure. I'd bet a fair few "goalscorers" could be bought if the money was right.

4 - Self-explanatory.

5 - Loan deals aren't always as smooth as you suggest there, if he does really well then we might not be able to keep him (which would be a right smack in the chops - see Distin, who I thought looked better than most of our defenders at the time. Distin/Woodgate would have been a sight.) We'll still be paying the wages, which will amount to a considerable sum. Could cost us loads if the bloke got injured or something. 

1 - we have no money

5 - a loan deal allows us to take a look and be in control of the deal, if he does well, great, if not, he goes back to where he came from

Any fucker at this stage is a welcome addition as far as I'm concerned, if they have legs, know what a football looks like, are fit and ready to play, bring them in. Beggars can't be choosers.

I find it hard to accept the "situation" when none of those points you mention are facts.

1 - None of us know the club's financial situation for sure, there's the new TV money to consider, etc.

2 - I don't know about you, but I'm fairly chuffed with Martins and Sibierski and I still think Duff will come good, hell, even Bernard might do enough to be kept on if he can stay fit.

3 - This is another thing that you cannot possibly know for sure. I'd bet a fair few "goalscorers" could be bought if the money was right.

4 - Self-explanatory.

5 - Loan deals aren't always as smooth as you suggest there, if he does really well then we might not be able to keep him (which would be a right smack in the chops - see Distin, who I thought looked better than most of our defenders at the time. Distin/Woodgate would have been a sight.) We'll still be paying the wages, which will amount to a considerable sum. Could cost us loads if the bloke got injured or something. 

Aye, but if he spouts this rubbish often enough he thinks it'll become true.

1 - we have no money

4 - Self-explanatory.

Aye, but if he spouts this rubbish often enough he thinks it'll become true.

Am with The Janitor on this one. Apart from Bernard but heres hoping.

This lad looks to be a decent player - and getting him on loan would be good.

still need to address LB position.......that's our first priority imo

would be nice if we got coloccini - to play RB but don't see it happening....

Newcastle United face Premiership competition for Saint-Etienne striker Frederic Piquionne.

Toon boss Glenn Roeder revealed last night he was trying to secure Piquionne on-loan, but it's emerged today that Liverpool and Portsmouth are also scrambling to land the Frenchman.

he must be half decent

Guest Bramble OG

Why sad you were all just moaning how crap he was with a 1-5 goal ratio lol

haha exactly "goal scorering recored is crap".....6months later after hes scored 10 goals for arsenal "why the fuck didnt we try harder to get him ROEDER OUT"

Funny thing football forums, people look at his goal ratio and put a downer on it then a paper links the player to a couple of good team and people are getting worried we might not sign him.

Its called 'the retard quotient'. I think its a fixed percentage and varies according to the size of the forum.

Guest Knightrider

1 - we have no money

4 - Self-explanatory.

We do know the club's financial position, just look at the books. We have no money or are seriously in the red, same thing. You can argue about the coming windfall next season but I'd imagine the club would like to hangfire before spending that as we may not even make Europe next season. If we had money, we'd have made a money panic buy by now, going on past experience.

I'm chuffed with Martins but the rest are neither here nor there, Sibbers has been a surprise but we only signed him because we had failed in our attempts to get who we wanted so in general, we are pretty useless in the transfer market, I don't know how anyone could argue that. Just take Owen for example, Liverpool offer 8m, we offer double, despite the player insisting he doesn't want to join us.

If the money was right - exactly, i.e. pay well over the odds. No-one wants to sell goalscorers, they are in short demand as it is and if you want one, it will cost you, ala Bent's ridiculous fee or Young who isn't even a goalscorer.

Loan deals are not without there problems, I agree, but because no fee is involved, you can't really lose financially so the risk factor is slim, therefore in our situation they are godsends.

BTW I'm not having a go at the club here, I'm actually defending a decision to bring in a striker on loan whose goal record isn't the greatest, my points are stating how because of the situation we are in, we can't be fussy and that this would represent a good move by the club, which some seem to be questioning hence the people need to accept the situation here.