Fowler seen at St. James?

kirkwdavis2001

Guest mickcee

606 gossip: More players have been spotted at rival training grounds. Morten Gamst Pedersen is at Liverpool's Melwood complex. Harry Kewell will be going the other way according to PoolRoss. And Babel is at Newcastle. Assuming that's the Amsterdam forward Ryan and not something to do with Brad Pitt's film being on at the Tyneside Cinema.

So we getting both?

I like Robbie Fowler...by the end of his time at City I thought he had adapted really well to losing his pace and was a real class act. He had gotten past his reccuring injuries and was really making us tick - he was the only real forward we had in the team that Pearce inherited and took flying up the table when we missed out on Europe with the last minute penalty save. Good player, I would have the '04/05 Fowler back at City in a shot.

BUT, he was, and is, really on his last legs in terms of match fitness. Given the ammount he has played since he left here a year ago (ie, fuck all) he would be a pointless short term signing. Every time he missed a game or two for City, he would come back and play like he'd never seen a ball before...really I think he needs constant games to play well nowadays to keep on top of his fitness/sharpness. If you did sign him, he would be nigh on useless for 3 months, then be really good for the last few games of the season. I don't see the point of it...I'd be extremely suprised if this wasn't a load of made-up bollocks.

no thanks, he has no appetite for the game any more IMO other than when he has a Liverpool shirt on

aye, true that.

And tbh, even for Liverpool, he STILL can't get properly fit! I just think that is how he is, he just can't get sharp, cant keep the weight off. And he's never been a good trainer!

For us he is very much last choice striker, look at last night, he didn't come on till injury time. And sometimes he doesn't even get into the match day squad. But still, if we where to lose one striker now to injury, we'd need a 4th choice striker, so I can't see us even considering letting him go at the last minute on deadline day.

no thanks, he has no appetite for the game any more IMO other than when he has a Liverpool shirt on

aye, true that.

And tbh, even for Liverpool, he STILL can't get properly fit! I just think that is how he is, he just can't get sharp, cant keep the weight off. And he's never been a good trainer!

For us he is very much last choice striker, look at last night, he didn't come on till injury time. And sometimes he doesn't even get into the match day squad. But still, if we where to lose one striker now to injury, we'd need a 4th choice striker, so I can't see us even considering letting him go at the last minute on deadline day.

Thank God for that, I certainly don't want him at Newcastle.

Guest Darth Toon

Would be the complete antithesis of everything Roeder had said he's looking for - under 30, something to prove, right attitude, plenty of hunger etc etc.

So, every possibility of it happening then!  :)

Guest eyeball_tickler

i said this weeks ago and got laughed at. cole and fowler on loan would be better than anyone else we can realistically get.

Guest eyeball_tickler

i said this weeks ago and got laughed at. cole and fowler on loan would be better than anyone else we can realistically get.

hopefully they would never get in our team

if we did our job in the market well, we wouldnt be linked with them.

if we did our job on the pitch well, we wouldnt be linked with them.

Guest eyeball_tickler

buying good players = improved performance. usually.

buying shit players = worse performance. usually.

Cole and Fowler. not good enough.

Guest eyeball_tickler

buying shit players = worse performance. usually.

Cole and Fowler. not good enough.

thats why we get them on loan for 4 months. an injury to martins and who do we have?