how would you feel...

madras

.....if NUFC won the league but only after spending £200million on players ?

....if NUFC won a trophy with no Englishmen in the squad ?

....would you be happy winning the title with a cynical,boring style of football ?

i'm not having a go at other teams,just wondering how far we,on this board would go for success.

Guest thenorthumbrian

.....if NUFC won the league but only after spending £200million on players ?

....if NUFC won a trophy with no Englishmen in the squad ?

....would you be happy winning the title with a cynical,boring style of football ?

i'm not having a go at other teams,just wondering how far we,on this board would go for success.

Well we've spent a boat load on players, played some boring football at times and still won fuck all.

And the best footballing team in the premiership is Arsenal and it's because they don't have many english in the team so  I couldn't give a toss about that.

Guest Gemmill

I'd be happy in any of those scenarios.  Anyone that says they wouldn't is a cockmuncher. 

We've spent fucking shitloads over the years so that one's irrelevant, I couldn't give a shite about the number of English players we have, and winning football is entertaining football as long as you're the one doing the winning.  I've watched us play fucking awful some times but as long as we win, I walk away from the ground a happy man.  Sooner that than playing lovely football and getting beat.

Similar to above comments I think all of those points are irrelevent.

When we last won the lague regularyly in the 1920s we did it by playing most of the Scottish national team (probably even started a few games with all scots) and we won by abusing the offisides rule to such an extent that the game was at times almost unwatchable and caused the FA to change the rules to outlaw our practice that "killed the spirit" of the game.

And yeah we have spent loads - in fact second only to chelsea in the past 5 years so that point is moot.

I would absolutely love it if we became shitbags who won 1-0 in a sly dirty way to win a trophy. Fuck what the rest of them think Ill be proud to support Newcastle United in any circumstances, it goes beyond football, it is the city, the people, the everything.

Guest TheOrder

We could spend £200m+ (and we'd waste it)

We could have no Englishmen (just a squad of overpaid hasbeens)

We do most weeks anyway...

We are NUFC, so goodness knows what it'll take for us to win something?

:uglystupid2:

I'd be happy in any of those scenarios.  Anyone that says they wouldn't is a cockmuncher. 

We've spent fucking shitloads over the years so that one's irrelevant, I couldn't give a shite about the number of English players we have, and winning football is entertaining football as long as you're the one doing the winning.  I've watched us play fucking awful some times but as long as we win, I walk away from the ground a happy man.  Sooner that than playing lovely football and getting beat.

"

This

This

We could spend £200m+ (and we'd waste it)

We could have no Englishmen (just a squad of overpaid hasbeens)

We do most weeks anyway...

We are NUFC, so goodness knows what it'll take for us to win something?

:uglystupid2:

I dare say weve already wasted £200m over the years.

You could take our current squad, and put out 11 foreigners, or 11 Brits n it wouldnt make much difference, they'd be a 5th-8th position team.

It's a good point by Madras.

For myself, I'd take the winning but I think it likely that some Newcastle fans would complain if we played a boring style of football.

We finished 15th for 3 seasons in a row, played like a one man team and scored some spectacular goals, but then we sold the hero number 9 Macdonald. To some fans (I don't think the majority by the end, but a fair number) the football became boring but we played as a team now, we conceded less goals while scoring more or less as many and we finished 5th. We were on the way up yet some people still slag that manager to this day. Ok, we didn't actually win owt, but we were on the way until it all fell apart (again).