Palermo "fans" kill policeman

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

All games in Italy have been postponed following a policeman's death at Palermo's Sicilian derby with Catania.

The police officer was killed in clashes between both sets of fans outside Stadio Massimino before and after the match.

The dead officer is believed to have been hit in the face by an explosive thrown by some fans.

Italian Federation commissioner Luca Pancalli and sport minister Giovanna Melandri made the decision to call off action over the weekend as a result of the tragedy.

The game itself was marred by crowd trouble with the second half held up for 30 minutes after tear gas was thrown onto the pitch.

Palermo won the game 2-1 with two controversial goals and Catania president Antonio Pulvirenti wants the game replayed and has blamed Palermo fans for the trouble.

"Clearly the incidents were provoked by the Palermo fans when they entered the stadium," said Pulvirenti.

"Before then, nothing had happened, but they started causing trouble and as the images show threw tear gas onto the pitch.

"They were well-organised and came here in order to cause trouble. We feel penalised and will appeal against the result so that the match will be considered void.

"We've been punished for less in the past and demand the same treatment.

"I was on the field and, if you look carefully, the section where the tear gas came from only had Palermo fans in there.

"The officials saw what happened and will take action."

Guest smoggeordie

link?

I've posted the bloody article.

Check every news channel just in case you think i've sat down and made a whole article up.

link?

Check every news channel just in case you think i've sat down and made a whole article up.

sorry are you Dave's mate, does that mean you don't need to?

Guest smoggeordie

link?

Yes.

[

link?

Yes.

:angel13:

Guest smoggeordie

Surely a ban from European competition has to happen for these clubs.

Why? this had nothing to do with European competition.

Always thinking of the Toon mate ;)

Guest TheDutchman

They should ban the Italian leaugue out of the UEFA! Too much hooliganism and dramatic attendances! The worst leaugue in the world....

Back in 1990 I considered it as the best leugue in the world.

They should ban the Italian leaugue out of the UEFA! Too much hooliganism and dramatic attendances! The worst leaugue in the world....

it did used to be when AC Milan won the European Cup in 1990

Guest TheDutchman

At that time the stadiums were sold out. The best players in the world played in Italy. Dutch kids all were wearing Milan, Juventus and Napoli shirts.

And then suddenly it was over and there was the rise of the Premiership!  

At that time the stadiums were sold out. The best players in the world played in Italy. Dutch kids all were wearing Milan, Juventus and Napoli shirts.

at about that time with van basten,rijkaard andthat other bloke, milan were probably the best team in the world for a couple of years

at about that time with van basten,rijkaard andthat other bloke, milan were probably the best team in the world for a couple of years

Gullit

definately, one of the greatest teams of all time. 

Guest TheDutchman

Gullit

definately, one of the greatest teams of all time. 

Yeah really great team! Im still proud of my heroes. But dont forget Napoli. They were great as well. Maradonna, Careca, Carnevale..., Brilliant forward line!

To Optim: Italy wont host the WC 2012. They've spoiled there chances if you ask me