Gooch

Cajun

For some "strange" reason, all the attacking was on Bramble. Onweyu didnt really have much to do

Usual Newcastle United defensive arrangement there, Bramble was the charger, Onyewu was the sweeper.

Suprised he looked shaky in the air, thats the one place I was confident he would be good in!

For such a big man, he looked a tad lightweight in the air. Not dominating at all when you would think hed be,

bit like the Shola syndrome,can't jump, rubbish in the air despite being 6'2 ;)

Suprised he looked shaky in the air, thats the one place I was confident he would be good in!

For such a big man, he looked a tad lightweight in the air. Not dominating at all when you would think hed be,

bit like the Shola syndrome,can't jump, rubbish in the air despite being 6'2 ;)

But the attribute most articles about him centred on was his great ability in the air!

The irony is that colman is one of the few managers that likes bramble.

Bramble at less than £4m would be a dream for any decent man-manager who likes to discipline his players.

i dont think discipline would help him he is just these sort of players and i think that a heavy hand would only make him less error prone but the chance would always be there. I dont think any of the top teams would have him for 4million possibly the bottom end hoping that he will come good certainly we as a team hoping to push and play in europe season in and season out should not be relieing on a player like this ever.

The irony is that colman is one of the few managers that likes bramble.

Bramble at less than £4m would be a dream for any decent man-manager who likes to discipline his players.

If they manage to make him concentrate more,and make less mistakes (wich they will propbly do) they will have one hell of a defender.

About Gooch's peformence today,he was solid and i liked seeing him with the back four,he seems to have what it takes to be a world class defender,but its too early to judge him..